Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Drawing Digital Stamps

Hello everyone I'm relitivly new to digital images, but I have downloaded some and need help. I'm trying to draw them with my craftrobo but when I do a trace I get double lines...can anyone please help and guide me how to do it correctly. I have attached a picture just so you can see what I mean.
    Many thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    You really need to ask this in our Craft Robo forum, and tell them which design software you use. But basically the automatic tracing software sees your lines as having width (however narrow), so it traces on either side - sometimes this is what's required, e.g. for paper piecing; if you want to just cut around the outside of the image then you usually need to use a temporary fill to make the image solid, then trace. It's a matter of learning the options you have with your tracing software. However I usually manually trace as this is much more flexible as you get the exact results you want, and this may be the way you need to work on your rocking horse if you just want to draw a line as a line!

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I use my craft robo to draw digital stamps with sakura pens which give the impression of traditional rubber stamp with heat embossing and it took me a while to figure out a solution to the double lines.
    First you need to bring the stamp into Illustrator or another vector program and auto trace the image, it takes a bit of trial and error to get the best results. Change the colour of the new vector image to red or blue, anything but black which sometimes is invisible when imported into studio. Ungroup everything, this is really important then export the file as .dxf now you can open this file in studio and it sees the lines as the cut (or draw) lines.
    Hope this is of some help.