Aug wk 1 - 2 Peas

by butterbee

Dancers - August Week 1

by g61

Brothers in arms

by elainevking

Simple layout

by elainevking

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Inspiration and Challenges

Notices

Charmed Cards & Crafts banner

Crohn's and Colitis UK supporter Brummie40's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)

Faithbook challenge prompts to date

Hi All, I have finally got around to posting the faith book challenge prompts to date. Please feel free to join in if you fancy having a bash.
    Thanks
    Brummie
    ++++++++++

FAITHBOOK CHALLENGE

The idea is to complete a faith book over the year. You will get prompts for pages so you can do a page a fornight (although I'm a bit late starting things off - oops). The ideas will hopefully help you scrap about your beliefs and aspects of your spritual life. My ideas reflect my own Christian faith but could be adapted to other faiths.
    JANUARY

OK, so here goes for January - 2 prompts for 2 pages:

Page 1 - Scrap something you are thankful for (eg. family, job, pet, friend, health) - use a photo or you could use journaling in your LO to record your thoughts.

Page 2 - incorporate your favourite quote from the bible [or other spiritual book] in your LO - this could be used to embelish a photo page recording an event or memory or it could be the main focus of the page.

I hope you enjoy doing your pages. I'm going to do an 8x8 album but the format is totally up to you.

FEBRUARY
    Here are the prompts for February's pages:

Page 1: scrap or journal about your favourite spiritual book (or website) other than the bible; could be a teaching guide, autobiography, life guide - something that inspires you.

Page 2: JOY! Document/scrap about someone or something that gives you great joy. Perhaps you have a certain friend who is a joy bringer? May be its your pc as a connection to friends/family far away?

APRIL
    For April, here are your prompts:

Page 1: Easter - why is it important to you and/or have you had a particularly important/special one e.g. became a Christian on Easter Sunday, were inspired by the idea of new life/growth to make a significant change in your life.

Page 2: Charity - charity and giving - what's important to you, what do you support and why? For example, I support Crohns and Colitis UK, Macmillan, and Asthma UK as I have loved ones who've been touched by these conditions. I did my first 5k sponsored event last year for Macmillan so that would be something for me to journal.

MAY
    Your inspiration for your May faith book pages are below.

Page 1: include a photo (or drawing!) that illustrates God's wonderful creation or you could be super creative and write a poem or a description of something/someone you have seen that makes you go 'wow!'

Page 2: Getting close to God - how do you do this? May be a retreat, through meditation, quiet times - what works for you?

JUNE
    Here are the inspiration prompts for your two June pages. As always with scrapping there are no rules, these are just ideas to spark you off.

Page 1: Use a quote from the Psalms in a page as journaling or a title or as a starting point for journaling your thoughts.

Page 2: Life - the miracle of life. Could be a baby in the family, how you feel about your life, or the miracle of life in general terms. I have been watching the TV programme 'Inside the human body' on BBC iplayer & we humans are pretty amazing!!
    JULY
    Here are the prompts for your two July pages:

Page 1
    Church - where do you go? what's yours like? are you looking for the right place to worship? Big, small - attend often or once in a while. Scrap your thoughts and feelings about church or house group.

Page 2
    Someone who inspires you in your faith walk. Could be a spiritual leader you know well, a person from the bible, a friend, someone famous or an organisation/charity. Scrap or journal how they inspire you in your faith.

AUGUST
    Page 1: Thoughts on your walk with God. How are things with you and God today? Do you chat with him a lot or need to spend more time talking with him? Is your current relationship with God at a good point or not so good?

Page 2: Love - and the greatest of these is love. Scrap/write about any love that is inspiring you at the moment. You could go for journalling about God's love for you (as it links in to page 1 above). Or has someone's actions recently shown you what love's all about (e.g. help from a friend or relative).

SEPTEMBER
    Here are the September prompts for the faithbook challenge.

Page 1. Your future walk with God.
    What are your goals? Do you have a 'spiritual growth area' that you hope to explore further? For me its to teach my kids more about God.

Page 2. Words from a hymn or chorus (or carol!).
    There are so many inspiring words written to music - choose some that inspire you and tell the story as to why they mean something to you.
    Brummie40
    kit swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Wow Lovely Brummie40

That's absolutely fantastic!!! and such an inspiration !! Thanks!!

View Gallery

Just realised that I'd missed off March!!!

Ideas for your March pages are:

Page 1: use a photo that illustrates an aspect of your faith, for example, I have taken a photo of my feet whilst standing on a rock to illustrate 'the rock of my salvation'!

Page 2: do you know the poem footprints in the sand? Its about times when God has carried you. Scrap or journal about a difficult time that God has carried you through. If scrapping you could use hidden journalling & may be a self protrait for the photo?
    Brummie40
    kit swap

View Gallery

Thanks Brummie40! Looking forward to the November challenge

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Stumbled upon this by chance. Is it open to anyone to join or do you have to be an official member?

View Gallery

I think you can join in! Welcome to the faith book challenge

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    This is a beautiful idea, I was thinking of doing something similar with my church cell group. Would you mind if I use some of your ideas?
    Feb Points - SLO = 40DLO x= Wkly Chall wk1= wk2= ;wk3=0; wk4=0;wk 5 = 0 ;House chall= ; mini books = Total= 40 Tag-a-longs

View Gallery

That would be fine to use the ideas. I hope they go down well with your cell group :-)
    Brummie40
    kit swap

View Gallery

Forgot to say that some examples of my own faithbook pages are in my gallery on UKS.
    Brummie40
    kit swap

+ Post New Thread