Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smash Books?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollymoo View Post
    someone told me there are issues selling smash books in the UK...something about the name - has anyone else heard this?
    Yes, I heard it was to do with a rather famous 'potato substitute'!!

He can find me in the moonlight anytime Mollymoo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    yes with deedly bob aliens

Do or do not, there is no try! tobysmum's Avatar
    View Gallery

Yes I heard that too!!! Good job I have a black one on the go, a red one waiting to use and a blue one one the way!!!!

Yes, my name is Sarah and I'm addicted to Smash Books lol xxx
    Sarah xxx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    I think people are going to get really confused between instant potato and a souped up exercise book don't you think?

How stupid! Still, if it gives all us UK ladies the chance to show how we can do it ourselves then fair enough.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    I think people are going to get really confused between instant potato and a souped up exercise book don't you think?
    haha yeah I know. "No mum, I wanted a smash BOOK for christmas not MASH".

I got my red one in the post this morning. Its nice but to be honest I wouldnt buy another. The ringbinding is quite small, so a worry for bulky stuff, and although the pages look pretty, its hard to then want to cover them up with stuff.

Dreaming of very early retirement! YorkshireKaren's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Hedgehog View Post
    I have managed to secure a pink one. It is very nice but as I "made" my own in July I am using that up first called it This n That same pinciple ( thanks Karen)
    You're welcome Lesley!! I love my home made Smash book, and my bought pink one, and my red one lol!
    I think we should get a UKS petition up and send it to a certain potato company, telling them that if they let us take delivery of our Smash stuff, we might make their product our favourite potato of choice....and if not, we'll boycott THEM!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    we should get a UKS petition up and send it to a certain potato company,
    Too right Karen ............ and ask them if they had considered making it in.............. Pink and Black and Red........ and so on!!!! Silly people!!!! Still we had to change our names to Sickers and Cilit B which I think is bizarre so what should we call them in the UK??

View Gallery

O think is says a lot about the UK that Smash is only a local brand, not global - obviously not an export product!!

We could call them scrapbooks!!

Setting phasers to Snarkie jazz27's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    why dont we totally confuse them and call them mash books? haha. i dont have my books yet, but wondered if any of you had seen the suck uk tape in digit and pixel format, and the funky clips from famous bookstore beginning in W that have pretty images on, pack of 6, i was thinking of adding these to my smash when i get it.
    CJ:
    Swaps:atc 6 word stories

Halloween Blog

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimhive View Post

I got my red one in the post this morning. Its nice but to be honest I wouldnt buy another. The ringbinding is quite small, so a worry for bulky stuff, and although the pages look pretty, its hard to then want to cover them up with stuff.
    I've had my book for well over 2 months now and I feel exactly the same way. I've been putting stuff in the pocket at the back as I collect it and using paper clips to add stuff to some of the pages in a non-permanent way but I've only used about 4 pages and already it's bulging so it's been sat on my shelf not being used. I'm thinking the best way to use them is going to be more like a journal kind of thing which is a shame because I wanted to use it like a 'scrapbook' to stick things inside. I'm thinking of pulling out some of the pages I really like and using them on other projects so that may get rid of some of the bulk and make more room. I'll have to have a proper play when I've got time.
    Leo

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by jazz27 View Post
    why dont we totally confuse them and call them mash books? haha. i dont have my books yet, but wondered if any of you had seen the suck uk tape in digit and pixel format, and the funky clips from famous bookstore beginning in W that have pretty images on, pack of 6, i was thinking of adding these to my smash when i get it.
    I have some funky clips, but not from that W bookstore, and the tape? Please add a link...

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    CraftyPrincess --- I think the only real way to add bulk is book rings which I don't really like. Its weird though because considering the nature of smash, you'd think it would have a really wide binding!

Setting phasers to Snarkie jazz27's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by AliTS View Post
    I have some funky clips, but not from that W bookstore, and the tape? Please add a link...
    http://www.suck.uk.com/products/mess...e/?search=tape

its currently showing out of stock with email reminders but the famous store of a rainforest-ish name has them in for the same price, with better photos.

jas x
    CJ:
    Swaps:atc 6 word stories

Halloween Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    I just really fancy one of the pens, they look really handy because I ALWAYS need glue
    What sort of glue is it please? Is it a liquid, or a pritt, or like a quickie pen perhaps?
    *intrigued*

Personal blog *
    Craftaholics TL & Blue Brad DTL * CJs: MojoII&III * SWAPS: Nada!

Dedicated Scrapper BeautifulThings's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    They have some lovely little stationery bits in the accessories shop in the High Street (begins with A)(and has a Z in it! lol) Little owls and butterflies and things. As Craft Obsessions have run out of extras, I popped in there and picked up some to 'keep me going'. They go beautifully with my pink book.
    I only got one to see if it really was lovely.
    And it is.
    Kate x