Nobody Better Lay a Finger on my UKScrappers.

Simple layout

by elainevking

August week 2

by Maggie B

Eli is 5

by Mary Buttons

Aug19 _ ChainLink 1 _ 18th

by new2this

August house challenge

by elainevking

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Altered Art > Art Journals

Notices

Charmed Cards & Crafts banner

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Oooh, you went and rolled and chatted without me! I thought it had gone quiet!!!

To go back on conversations - pens...I lurve posca pain pens, and the pigma micron pens, and the faber castell pitt brush pens. And basic gelly roll pens. I stock them if anyone has trouble finding some.

Derwent inktense - I love my pencils but don't have the blocks. Not sure I see the point of them.....yet, but then I haven't had a play. If they turn up in the shop you'll know I've tried and liked If you want to try the pencils I have those in singles, in all colour and in stock.

AND NOW....I'm going to stop sounding like I'm trying to sell to you all.

No journalling from me..again. Spent yesterday shopping for wedding and holiday clothes. I'm now trying not to kill myself in a pair of high heels. Really was hoping to get some time today to play but DS is home vomiting. They break up on Thursday! He couldn't wait.....?!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (54)
    Quote Originally Posted by biskit View Post
    I lurve posca pain pens
    they sound vicious!
    Blog (warning, here be spoilers!) / Art Journals / Be-Stitched CJ

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    look what I got ! ............... & I shall have a play tonight...............
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ATC's - ATC's - ATC's - ATC's - ATC's

Have you EVER thought about making and swapping ATC's - come along and join us on the ATC trail : http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...d.php?t=313678 My Blog:::: here

Dedicated Scrapper phoenix rising's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by biskit View Post
    Oooh, you went and rolled and chatted without me! I thought it had gone quiet!!!

To go back on conversations - pens...I lurve posca pain pens, and the pigma micron pens, and the faber castell pitt brush pens. And basic gelly roll pens. I stock them if anyone has trouble finding some.

Derwent inktense - I love my pencils but don't have the blocks. Not sure I see the point of them.....yet, but then I haven't had a play. If they turn up in the shop you'll know I've tried and liked If you want to try the pencils I have those in singles, in all colour and in stock.

AND NOW....I'm going to stop sounding like I'm trying to sell to you all.

No journalling from me..again. Spent yesterday shopping for wedding and holiday clothes. I'm now trying not to kill myself in a pair of high heels. Really was hoping to get some time today to play but DS is home vomiting. They break up on Thursday! He couldn't wait.....?!

The point of the Inktense blocks according to SAA is so that one can sweep on wide blocks of colour like you would with pastels. Also one can grate them into small amounts of water to make an acrylic ink. I had the pencils but replaced them with the blocks. Pencils got saturated in water during our fire, they don't like it!!! the wood splits & then they go mushy!
    Lesley

Phoenix rising

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    they sound vicious!
    welcome to my life!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix rising View Post
    The point of the Inktense blocks according to SAA is so that one can sweep on wide blocks of colour like you would with pastels. Also one can grate them into small amounts of water to make an acrylic ink. I had the pencils but replaced them with the blocks. Pencils got saturated in water during our fire, they don't like it!!! the wood splits & then they go mushy!
    I have read up on them, but do they behave any differently to the pencils, apart from the ability to cover large area's quickly. I like the grater, and the idea of that for making larger quantities of colour as I have to admit it it a pain with the pencils and I tend to use them with a brush from the pencil, rather than the pencil and then go over them with a brush. Ok - you've convinced me that I need samples to play with...

Sorry to hear you had a fire, but fancy your pencils behaving like that. How inconsiderate of them on top of everything else you go through in that situation.

View Gallery

No they don't behave differently to the pencils, apart from being able to cover large areas quickly.

Considering what a mess the fire made( house was rendered uninhabitable- we're not back yet & the fire was on 23 Dec!!) it's rather remarkable they survived at all! My craft area took a direct hit! BUT it wasn't a crafting accident that caused it!! Fault in a fuse box which was fairly new. Glad to say that the insurers were so bemused by my claim for crafty bits that they didn't quibble about anything craft related!
    Lesley

Phoenix rising

View Gallery

Oh no Lesley, that's terrible. I dread having a fire. Touch wood it's something we'll never have to deal with. Hope you're back in your home before Christmas this year.

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

Me too - I have a terrible fear of fire/flood. Poor you - I hope when you get everything sorted and are back to normal that you can make it all nicer than it was in the first place, so at least you'll feel you got some improvement out of the ordeal.

I went to my favourite art shop today and gritted my teeth as I paid 12 for one tube of paint. (My painting better be a masterpiece after that!) I also got a few new colours of caran d'ache watersoluble pencils too, and a couple of neocolor crayons.

What I really need though is more space! I daydream all the time about a nice big airy studio with loads of work surfaces and shelving. If I won the lottery that would be the thing I'd be most excited about being able to afford!
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    Claudia I had one of those nice big airy studios in our last house - trouble was it was also freezing and impossible to heat. Oh and did I mention that it was no tidier because I simply crammed more stuff into it ... am now in the process of discovering how little stuff I genuinely need!! Don't think I'll be investing in the Inktense sticks - I love my watersoluble crayons, and I've got enough acrylic paint to start a shop (my excuse is that it was on sale in the USA for the equivalent of 25p a pot, so I brought rather a lot home with me)! That was some years back (when luggage allowances were more generous) but I'm still using it!

View Gallery

Because our upstairs loft room had to be redesigned to meet new regs, I no longer have a studio up there! BUT have taken over the spare bedroom downstairs. We will still have our bedroom upstairs as well as an en suite.

If I came in to any money I would have a studio in the garden too. I do have a shed that is insulated & with power, but that is for really messy stuff like my enameling kiln, & glass bead making stuff. It used to house 2 of my goats, now no longer with me! Even with a large strip light the lighting isn't really brilliant for painting, so I do that indoors as well as crafting & jewellery making.

We hope to be back in at the beginning of Sept. & it will all be new, including furniture as we lost 80% of our stuff. We are going for a totally new look as well.
    Lesley

Phoenix rising

View Gallery

I'm not jealous of your shed at all....not one bit - especially not your kiln!

OK - I am - I'd love a kiln as I started using PMC last year and always worry when firing a piece by hand. It's no secret that I'd love to have a go at lampwork either. We're talking of extending into the loft here, but it will be a few years yet and it would be all office space most likely with us both running our own businesses. I'd like the kids bedrooms but I've been told they are waaaay to young to move out yet.

Keep my fingers crossed for you for a September move.

Another week is rolling by on the no crafting front. DS has been home sick and it's his last day of term tomorrow. DD has her leavers party at nursery and we have th inlaws picking them up on Friday - so I know what I'll be doing tomorrow...housework...bleugh. Still, DH doesn't work August so I may manage, if I beg hard enough - or just tell him, to get a few crafty slots in before we go away.

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

I don't really need a whole big studio of my own (I actually like sharing the box room with DH). I'd just like a bit more space, and storage.

My area is no bigger than a double bed. I've crammed in two tables and some storage but the tabletops are very cluttered with stuff that has nowhere else to store.

I don't have space for a sewing machine or an easel, so it's a bit frustrating. A shed wouldn't suit me though, as I often work in the middle of the night - I wouldn't want to go outside.

Lesley - I hope your refurb is worth the wait when you finally get back in there.

Vicki - yeah, too bad you can't have a clear out of those pesky kids! You'll have to wait for that loft conversion!
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I too would love a kiln and do pottery but also enamel work - they do classes at a local garden/nursery/craft centre - but the courses are quite expensive and I can't afford them.

I therefore do metal embossing and use glass paints on the top - similar - the poor-mans version.
    ATC's - ATC's - ATC's - ATC's - ATC's

Have you EVER thought about making and swapping ATC's - come along and join us on the ATC trail : http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...d.php?t=313678 My Blog:::: here

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    OK I admit it - I'm very lucky to have my own space, even though its smaller than my last room its still big by most people's standards! On the other hand, I had to wait for my kids to grow up and leave home before I got one, or enough money to collect this much craft stuff! Worth the wait

I've been drawing lots of inspiration from Joanne Sharpe, whose work is the first feature in the latest art journalling magazine. I really like her bold, bright shapes and colours, and the use of a variety of sizes of black line. For the first time ever I drew straight onto a blank white page, and then coloured around the shapes I'd drawn, leaving some white space!! Gasp - I've never done that before Its lots of fun trying other people's techniques - sometimes they work for me, sometimes they don't, but often aspects creep into what has become "my" style ....

And yesterday, Himself bought me a portable set of watercolours so I can take my journal on holiday in September ... have paints can travel!

+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast