Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Tutorials > Studio

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Studio Hints and Tips and FAQ's

We now have Studio Hints and Tips, witch will be a work in progress and I will add further hints and tips as they arise in the Chat forum so please check back on a regular basis.

Machine Stops Cutting Mid Cut
    The Silhouette Studio program does not utilize the Craft ROBO Status Supervisor program. This is
    part of the ROBO Master program. You may disable this by doing the following:
    1. Go to your Start menu
    2. Go to "All Programs" to see your program folders
    3. Go to the "Startup" folder
    4. Right-click and delete the "Craft Robo Status Supervisor"
    5. Re-start your computer
    Having done this, the Supervisor will no longer automatically start up in the background when you
    turn on your computer. However, after using the ROBO Master software (when you are finished and
    you’ve exited the software completely), you will then want to do a Control+Alt+Delete and go to
    your Task Manager and select "Craft Robo Status Supervisor" and click on "End Task".
    Last edited by Lucille; 23-04-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Deep Cut (Control Panel of Cameo Machine)

If you access the commands on the Cameo Control Panel you will see a command called "Deep Cut" after experimenting I couldn't see what difference it actually made, so I wrote to GAS and this was their reply.

QUOTE - It is a feature which enables a “tangential mode” of cutting. This is a method of cutting for some thicker material types where the blade lifts between corners and then resumes after lifting rather than making a continuous cut throughout the line set. It does not press down harder, double-cut, or otherwise provide more force for the cutting process. It simply is a method of how the Silhouette goes through the cutting process. It is not presently included in the software as we found in testing that this had caused too much confusion for users. Unfortunately, it could not be removed from the actual firmware of the cutting unit and so still appears in the menu options of the LCD screen when cutting from an SD card.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"