Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Hybrid View

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Lucille how would I make a mat with an edge of offset snowflakes, like this one please?

I have already worked out the small and large snowflakes, just would like to know how to put them around the edge of a mat with the offset.
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Snowflake and Border Frame

Is this the sort of look you are after. If so, I will give you some guidance if that's ok with Lucille. As I use a MAC, the dingbats are not exactly the same as yours, but you will be able to produce something similar yourself. HTH
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fiona

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by fimcc4168 View Post
    Is this the sort of look you are after. If so, I will give you some guidance if that's ok with Lucille. As I use a MAC, the dingbats are not exactly the same as yours, but you will be able to produce something similar yourself. HTH
    Yes, but without the green please. It is so I can cut a mat with a snowflake edge. I can do without my punch around the page punches that never line up properly.

Thanks

View Gallery

There isn't a function that will do this for you in Studio, you will have to place the snowflakes yourself.

I would do one line, then duplicate and rotate to get a second side.
    Line up the second line with edge of the first.
    Weld if necessary eg. overlapping the end snowflake.
    Select all and group
    Duplicate and rotate and position to make the square
    Select all and group again
    Now apply Offset path to get your outline.

If there any bits inside the outline, ungroup or release compound path, you may have to do both depending how you make it.

Now drag the out line away and your square of snowflakes, select all the bits and delete, now you have what you want a square shaped mat, with snowflake cut out's around the edge.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Thanks Lucille I will have a go.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

tracing a coloring page

Hi I'm trying to get to know mt new cameo and I was wondering if anyone could help with making a paper piecing from a coloring page. I think I saw a tut for robomaster on here but i cant find one using the cameo softwere. I hope it is possible to do with a cameo. Thank you

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by efs1038 View Post
    Hi I'm trying to get to know mt new cameo and I was wondering if anyone could help with making a paper piecing from a coloring page. I think I saw a tut for robomaster on here but i cant find one using the cameo softwere. I hope it is possible to do with a cameo. Thank you
    There is a tutorial for using the trace options it's in the Studio folder, look carefully as some of the sub folders have more than one thread/tutorial in them.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Is there a wish list for the Silhouette Cameo?

Not being very artistic I have searched high and low for designs which are sport or gym related, such as cycling, running, girls and boys! Jogging, weights, spinning - actually anything ! Come to think of it, unifroms would be goos as well male and female, especially if they have a UK flavour
    I have ordered the new Designer update which will allow me to perhaps design something via CorelDraw and send direct to the Silhouette but I would have been happy to buy a cd with designs!

I have downloaded 3d designs from the shop but there doesn't seem to be instructions to join everything together e.g. the wonderful flower pop up box. Am I missing something?
    Love love love my new machine, so much easier for me than the scan' n' cut