Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

How do I join a social group?

Hello,

I am not sure if it is incompetence, choice of group or other but how do you join one of the social groups - I even tried to message the person who runs the group but I couldn't do that either

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thumbs up Another Newbie

Hi All
    Signed up last week but have not posted untill now, got a Cameo this week although I have never used anything like it before. Been looking around the forum and have found usefull info ie: putting the blade in the right way and usefull tip about cutting mat mines very sticky and couldn't get the paper off the one and only time I tried it, put me off a bit so will have another go now.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (65)
    Quote Originally Posted by craftywomble View Post
    Hello,

I am not sure if it is incompetence, choice of group or other but how do you join one of the social groups - I even tried to message the person who runs the group but I couldn't do that either

I'm not that clued up either but I think you have to have over 10 posts to be able to PM anyone - why not post this question over in the Test/Help section of the forum - more people will see it there and I'm sure someone who knows more about the social groups will come to your rescue -

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks!

View Gallery

I have made two matchbox advent calendars which can be seen in my gallery and I am putting them up for grabs to a couple of lucky UKSers . All the drawers are filled with little christmassy themed crafty nik-naks all of which has been very generously and kindly donated by Lou@CCW, one of our fabbie UKS sponsors and her little emporium Creative Craft World - A huge thanks to Lou for helping me with this little project.

In fact Lou sent me so much Christmas stuff I am going to make a couple more Larger size Altered Matchboxes similar to my Halloween one but on a Christmassy theme and plan to do another prize draw for those too - there was heaps and heaps of goodies sent to me

So if you would like to own one of the Advent Calendars all you have to do is answer two simple questions and the participants having the correct answers will be entered in the hat and DS, David will draw the two lucky winners.

All answers must be PM'd to me by 6pm Tuesday 15 November and the draw will be made by David on Wednesday 16 November- I will post the boxes out by the weekend 19th November so they will arrive in plenty of time for December 1st The draw is open to every single UKSer whether you are newbie or one of the faithful regular members - everyone is welcome

The questions are:

1. How many swaps have I hosted during 2011? (Including ones currently running)

2. What exact date did I officially take on the role of UKS Swaps Co-Ordinator?

Good Luck to everyone who takes part!!!!!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hey, Hi there and Hello !!!
    I've just signed up. I'm excited to get involved in CJs (which is a new concept to me and i *love* it!) so will hopefully be ready for that just before christmas.
    Hope your all well and scrappyhappy!
    Really looking forward to meeting new people who share this common interest.
    Bye for now,
    ~Lee~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by sandyb View Post
    Hi everyone my name is sandyb i live in Norfolk although i am from Kent; we have been here 7 years, my Hubby has had two Heart bypasses which were quite stressful; so he is medically retired. we have two dogs that replaced the girls when they left home. so we have Holly who is a little westies and then we have Gus our lovely blue staff's 9 years old and just adorable. we love photography and both have cannon SLR cameras we haven't been able to get out this last year as i had a knee replacement that went wrong. and I felt depressed so hubby has brought me which we are waiting for the arrival of the robo craft to help me with card making which i love to do. I can loose hours at my laptop.we love to get to know you all and any help will be truly appreciated. thanks sandyb

Hi Sandy - firstly welcome! I'm new too So sorry to hear about your stresses but as i;m sure you know, being creative is a great way to find inner calm and happiness. Very excited for you getting a robo Craft - has it arrived?? Oh, and i know what you mean about losing time infront of your computer screen - especially when it comes to wicked sites like this...as there is just so much to look at and read.
    Have fun!
    Bye for now
    ~Lee~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hello, I am Tan, I am a newbie. I have done a little bit of papercrafts and do love them, my main passion is glass though and I am looking at ways to incorporate paper into fused glass pieces.

This forum is amazing, I look forward to drooling over your creations!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Ooooooh its not so scary in here......

Hello all.....

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi.....

I joined the forum nearly 2 years ago after I was given a craft robo for Xmas. My plan was to make a Vegas scrapbook, but it waqs a case of "all the gear, but no idea" and the robo terrified me to the point of abandonment, and has pretty much stayed in the box......til now.

My circumstances have now changed, and I'm bracing myself to attempt a small scrapbook for my son (age 12) who has just qualified as a Scuba diver. I've blown the dust off the robo, pulled all my stuff out of the loft, and I'm nearly ready to launch into it once my "space" is ready. Hubby is putting a worktop round 2 sides of the spare room, which doubles as a learning room for home educating our son. We only have a desk at the mo, and its just not enough. Once done, I'll have some "me" space, which'll be great.

I'm not the most knowledgeable person craft wise so I'm sure there'll be loads of questions........hope thats ok

Enough from me for now......take care

Sully x

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys and memory keeper/scrapbooker Mrs Cheshire's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    Hi Sully welcome to UKscrappers!
    Dawn
    Team Leader My Blog
    July Points Slo7, DLO, Weekly Challenges wk1= wk2= wk3= wk4= Hc= Mini books= Total

View Gallery

I do hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and looking forward to a Crafty New Year

I have a host ready and waiting for a group of newbies who would like to get involved in an Art Journal style Circle Journal in the New Year. For all the info and rules and regs regarding joining a Newbie CJ on UKS please pop over to the Circle Journal forum and look out for the Newbies CJ thread.

There are some very interesting new swaps coming up too so why not check out the swaps forum whilst you're there - we'd love to see you and look forward to welcoming loads of new members to swaps in the New Year.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I'm new here (although a member for some time) and looking for a "new home on the web" so to speak, I hope I have found it and look forward to swapping with people.

maryeileen
    View Gallery

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie. This is my first post. I'm excited to be here.

Scrap Happy
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Hi everyone
    I probably should have read this before I got excited and signed up for a swap!
    I better get posting!!!
    Ella

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    hi Im Wendy - not really a newbie member but just starting to try to work my way around the group.