July wk 2 oh snap

by thriftycrafter

Jul Wk 1 Do what makes you happy

by thriftycrafter

July Monthly

by thriftycrafter

Chainlink 2

by sharon1973

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Altered Art > Art Journals

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (47)
    Flo - thats me as well. i work full time, lone parent to three very active children and now studying for a degree p/t via OU. in between art journalling as and when i can. i have to have dates and deadllines, never thought as far away as retirement.
    New man took me to a spa for the weekend in feb, i just could not switch off and do nothing. oh well maybe i will get an allotment when i retire lol
    ALLY allys blog
    The Story Book CJ

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    Ali I'm with you - even though I don't do journal entries in sequence, I still have to finish one journal before I start another. I'm with everybody else too in that I'm really bad at doing nothing, and thought I might go crazy when I had to stop work. Nothing could have been further from the truth - there aren't enough hours in the day for all the arty stuff I want to do ... and I may be guilty of neglecting my family!

Jane, I see what you mean about the first post - I have edited it now.

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    that's really interesting, hadn't thought of it that way - I have ALWAYS worked - up until 2 weeks before each pregnancy and then back at work full time by the time each of the kiddies were 3 months old (I had no choice, I was the only person earning)

I had a Saturday job and a weekday evening paper round from the age of 14, I worked all through Uni (part time in term, full time throughout all the holidays) as I had no grant but no contribution from my parents either.

then I had almost a year off a few years back when I was made redundant - at 40 years of age never having had any free time ever - and I was UTTERLY lost - in fact I had a bit of a breakdown of sorts

I think I just don't know HOW to operate WITHOUT deadlines and accountability!

eek - doesn't bode well for my retirement, I'll have to spend half my pension employing someone to tell me what to do

Oops - sorry - have gone a bit off topic

Alipeeps - do tell me if you decide to go for it, and what theme you pick (mine is "Along The Line")
    I worked from 16, never didn't have a job. I ended up taking redundancy even though I had a job - they were moving my dept 45 miles to another site, lots of chopping of dead wood at the same time. Those that kept a job could still take redundancy on relocation. I'd had enough of everything that had gone on and was a woman on the edge of a nervous breakdown, so I took the plunge and left. Spent the next year retraining as a reflexologist and renovated a couple of houses. I was then preggers with DS but was working as a reflexologist but we moved oop north a couple of years later so I had to close the practice. Not worked since we've been up here. See - I'm not a lazy SAHM really... and I am setting up my own business at the moment and work for Dh as a business analyst when he asks.

I hate deadlines imposed by other people but I don't mind them when I set them.

EDIT - Eeek, do I sound like i'm trying to justify myself there.... blimey, maybe I need to journal this stuff!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I've never been very good at deadlines, which is funny because my current job is all about deadlines. But I certainly wouldn't want art/craft to be about deadlines - that's me time. Who know what will happen with work though - the cuts in the NHS are going to be scary.

I would have loads of things to do with my time tho.

I have 3 journals on the go Rosie, in different sizes as different things suit different sizes

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (47)
    I have 2 journals, 1 is A5 and the other is A6 (very small) which for some reason i find it harder to work in
    ALLY allys blog
    The Story Book CJ

He can find me in the moonlight anytime Mollymoo's Avatar
    View Gallery

just posting to let you know you have a lurker...................humming and hawing about doing one of these...

Hev, not a complete lunatic, but getting there! Mystery Woman's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    I'm a lurker too! I'm trying to decide what book I need to buy, just so I can try this out!!

June points 0 SLO, 0 DLO, 0 Weekly Challenge, 6 Cards = 30 points

He can find me in the moonlight anytime Mollymoo's Avatar
    View Gallery

oooo we can lurk together

Hev, not a complete lunatic, but getting there! Mystery Woman's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Oh, good! I'm completely in the dark really - but just fancy doing something for myself, somewhere that I can keep it all together in one place!

June points 0 SLO, 0 DLO, 0 Weekly Challenge, 6 Cards = 30 points

Stampin, scrappin, craftin addict! Alipeeps's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Welcome to the lurkers!

I'm new to art journalling myself and did lurk a bit on here trying to get an idea of what it's all about.... but the best way to get started is to just jump in and have a go!

I'd had a book laying around for ages (just an A5 notebook that I found in a sale bin at Staples) with the idea of trying art journalling - it's up to you what kind of book you use.

I'd suggest having a look around at the blogs of people in this thread (I recommend Zullybelle's in particular - not only is her work scrummy but she posts in-progress pictures of how she builds up the page) and then just opening up your book and see what happens.
    The Crop Circle team - Green Buttons House
    Art Journal CJ
    My Craft Blog: Alipeeps' Art

View Gallery

welcome to the thread ladies!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (54)
    whenever people de-lurk, I always make that noise that Klingon ships used to make when they de-cloaked in the original series of Star Trek

Once a geek, always a geek

Welcome aboard, both of you, and yes, the best advice is, just get stuck in and have a play!
    Blog (warning, here be spoilers!) / Art Journals / Be-Stitched CJ

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    Vicki, whereabouts oop north are you? I need all the friends I can get now having left all mine behind in Worcester

No my dear, you do NOT need to justify being at home (which can be a vocation in itself) but I understand how sometimes we feel as if we need to do so. JOurnalling helps with that. I myself am one of those DHSS scroungers "on the sick" who could work if I really wanted to of course, as there appears to be nothing wrong with me. Aaarrggghhh don't get me started on that one ....

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (54)
    Vicki, if it makes you feel any better, I firmly believe that SAHMs work ten times harder than people like me who doss around at the office all day!
    Blog (warning, here be spoilers!) / Art Journals / Be-Stitched CJ

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Zullybelle View Post
    Vicki, whereabouts oop north are you? I need all the friends I can get now having left all mine behind in Worcester

No my dear, you do NOT need to justify being at home (which can be a vocation in itself) but I understand how sometimes we feel as if we need to do so. JOurnalling helps with that. I myself am one of those DHSS scroungers "on the sick" who could work if I really wanted to of course, as there appears to be nothing wrong with me. Aaarrggghhh don't get me started on that one ....
    I'm just south of York, not exactly pop in for a quick cuppa distance sadly.

So can I nickname you Scrounger then? How bad am I though - when I took redundancy I signed on. I didn't need the money, but I had ppi on a loan I took out to buy my car, so signing on for a year meant that my loan was paid for a year - which paid it off. I also changed my car while "on the dole" and picked up my first Lexus. Raised a couple of eyebrows, but to me it reinforced what I should be earning... I had to sign off because I went on a three week Caribbean cruise for my honeymoon. Ahhhh, those were the days.

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast