Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

dawn bibby

it is now official on qvc website, no reason given

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

I hope Amy doesn't take over. I'm sorry, but I can't stand her voice and she is very patronising.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Nerlly View Post
    I find it difficult not to turn off when she's on. She reminds me of a teacher I used to work with; the school had to be very careful who they sent to work with her, which was difficult because no-one wanted to......
    thats exactly it lol well except i saw one program where she smacked the presenters hand and I don't think it would be allowed.....

I wanna see her with nigel and see if she joins in with the "yeeehaaa gingham" or the "p&P free" I would actually pay to see that...mind you he might get her to crack a smile
    I NEED everything.

View Gallery

If Nigel can't make her smile then no-one can! He was so funny at the NEC.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well I certainly hope that she doesn't go to C&C, as I can't stand her, and according to another site she was quoted as being very rude to the people who worked for her in her shop and treated customers as tho they were something she had trodden in. I like C&C and all the presenters, they seem to enjoy what they do and have a good laugh and I think that she will probably cause an atmosphere there. so fingers crossed.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I think alot of people are going to be disappointed She has released the news that she has left OVC and is in talks with C&C..This is from her facebook page and her blog and also her newsletter just received from her shop.

I do have to say it was Dawn that got me started with card making until I purchased my robo then it was a different story... However saying that I have always found when I watched her she would never look you in the eye as such when she was talking and I found that very strange considering how many fans she has.
    She never did look at ease.. and wouldn't smile too much.

So we'll have to wait and see what happens next.
    Tina craft robo

Card maker/scrapper and sort of Photographer! elwoodsusanm's Avatar
    View Gallery

rolling

I thought she had closed her shop???? Son-in-law told me she was closing down.! Not keen on the woman myself with her dee-cooop-age
    God must love stupid people-He made so many of them

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

This is from Dawn's FB page.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all your messages of support and concern. I know you have all been waiting to hear from me personally.

Well, as you know I have left QVC and am on to pastures new.

This has been a very long and hard decision for me to make after 18 years in one place.

I have loved my role at QVC and relished every moment however things change and people change. It is time for a new adventure for me. I had hoped to continue and work until the 1st of July however the decision has been taken out of my control.

I can confirm I am in discussions with Create and Craft.

I believe Create and Craft are fully embracing the craft industry. They are focused on this industry and have demonstrated that they are taking crafting on tv to the next level and I am thoroughly excited at the prospect.

As you all know Craft is my life and my passion and all I ever wanted to do was share that with everyone else.

I will of course update you all as soon as there is any more news, for now as planned I am having a little break and spring cleaning my home.

I will of course miss all of my QVC presenter friends and work colleagues. There has been much fun, laughter and tears over the years and I would like to thank all of them for their friendship, support and love they have shown to me.

I also would like to say a huge thank you to all of you reading this ! Thank you for the incredible support and love you have shown me over the years I really appreciate it. It's been an incredible rollercoaster ride - one of which I'm not about to get off just yet!

The next ride will start shortly so watch this space.....

Much love

Dawn
    I have to say i liked C&C don't know if i'll bother now! Come back Stephanie!
    Sonia

As happy as a pig in muck!! jo.bee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (87)
    Wouldn't know her if I saw her - and from what I have read she isn't the most popular crafter around.

Stampin, scrappin, craftin addict! Alipeeps's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Ngh. Tbh, I'm not a fan. I like C&C and wouldn't be particularly interested in seeing Dawn on there. I'd take Leonie over Dawn any day of the week!
    The Crop Circle team - Green Buttons House
    Art Journal CJ
    My Craft Blog: Alipeeps' Art

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Roscorascal View Post
    Well I certainly hope that she doesn't go to C&C, as I can't stand her, and according to another site she was quoted as being very rude to the people who worked for her in her shop and treated customers as tho they were something she had trodden in.
    Sorry but I've got to jump in here, I've been to Dawn's shop many times and she's always been very friendly and chatty to the customers, we've spent ages talking to her and JJ about all sorts not just crafting. The last time I saw them together, we chatted about scuba diving. I've never been made to feel uncomfortable or felt that she wanted 'to get away'.
    I can't comment on the way she treats her staff other than to say there has always been a good atmosphere in the shop when I've been there.
    Chris

Card maker/scrapper and sort of Photographer! elwoodsusanm's Avatar
    View Gallery

Anybody know if her shop is still open then???
    God must love stupid people-He made so many of them

Stampin, scrappin, craftin addict! Alipeeps's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I thought I read a while back that she was selling the shop?
    The Crop Circle team - Green Buttons House
    Art Journal CJ
    My Craft Blog: Alipeeps' Art

"I am what I am" Gloria Gaynor cruzysuzie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    It was when we went just a couple of weeks ago, as far as I know it's not been sold yet.
    Suze
    August Points
    SLO = 50 DLO = 0 CHWk1 = 0 CHWk2 = 0 CHWk3 = 0 CHWk4 = 0 ChWk5 = 0 HC = 0 Total = 50

View Gallery

Nnnnnnooooooo...well thats just made my Friday the 13th complete...I hope she asks for too much money and they don't take her......
    I NEED everything.