Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doeflex

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Try Ikki's Cuttlebug Cupboard Neries, lots of ideas and tutorials on there, also an article about the Calibur, a very interesting and informative site.

Myra
    Last edited by Myra; 11-05-2011 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling for Ikki

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Mine too, but was thinking more on the lines of single sided embossing templates and using the 'no more shims' embossing mat in my cuttlebug. Would be great to make my own embossed backing papers.

My wish list for birthday/xmas this year is a Grand Calibur so I could emboss larger than 7"x5". I find it very annoying that none of the embossing folders lend themselves to repeating the pattern, even the simple dot patterns.
    I have made single sided ones using thick card. They work well but mine don't give such a crisp finish.

View Gallery

I did this tutorial a few years ago on how to create your own embossing folders with the Craft Robo if you want to take a peek. It uses PaintShop Pro and RoboMaster, but I'm sure it is easily translatable into other graphics programs like Inkscape & SS.

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...88&postcount=1
    Cat
    My Blog: Cat Scrap Fever

Digital Piracy!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Doeflex

Hi everyone,

me again, I received the Doeflex sheets this morning.

I have now had a go, and it works!

There are a few pointers though:

My first attempt I cut one image, let it go back to the beginning and then asked it to cut again, this made an almost spirograph idea with no cut So I found It is best to copy and paste the same image to cut multiple times. (I did 4 cuts)

I used the pink blade cover.

I needed to set the cutting depth to 33.

I used "thick media". (when you use this setting, it shows the yellow cover for the blade, but I just went for pink)

AND IT WORKED, BRILL!

Now there is no stopping me, I will have a go at doing the embossing folder idea, and also I wanted to make a mask which I could ink through, spray through etc. There is little chance of my husband being able to get near the computer today!!

View Gallery

That is really good to know ...buy him a laptop it will save the rows
    I NEED everything.

craft hoarder
    View Gallery

I bought some of the Doeflex - pleased someone's had a go and it works.

Must give this a go instead of leaving it in my bottom drawer and never using it!

Sylvia

View Gallery

Thanks for the feedback, glad it worked. Something else I'll have to buy!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi all, watched the same programme too and wondered about doeflex - thanks so much for trying it...I may be ordering some today!! Will post any other tips when I've had a go

Made masks with doflex last year,double cut,pink tip and 33 depth. worked a treat and saved a fortune as c&c were selling masks for spraying through. Will be trying the embossing on my wizard....
    hugs Dee xx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I use laminating sheets to make masks. I don't put the sheets through the laminating machine I just used them while they are soft. The CRS cuts well and you can use very fine designs with them too.

View Gallery

Hi Ladies

Was given a link for make Embossing folders...Enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOA1y...eature=related

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Mine too, but was thinking more on the lines of single sided embossing templates and using the 'no more shims' embossing mat in my cuttlebug. Would be great to make my own embossed backing papers.

My wish list for birthday/xmas this year is a Grand Calibur so I could emboss larger than 7"x5". I find it very annoying that none of the embossing folders lend themselves to repeating the pattern, even the simple dot patterns.
    Neries Guess what the Pick of the week is over on C&C on 4 flexi-pays as well, I just had too!!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel13 View Post
    Neries Guess what the Pick of the week is over on C&C on 4 flexi-pays as well, I just had too!!!!
    Ordered mine Friday and according to an email and on-line account already been dispatched. Not that I quite believe that bank holiday and all. Nothing on the tracking yet either. To be fair to them once it is tracked on the courier's hub it's normally here the next day.

DH is fed up of me watching all the Calibur programs and recording them. He knows I ordered it, but not about the extra grand dies that fell into my basket, the ovals as I have the large scalloped & plain ovals and use them a lot.

Yesterday at 6.pm just loved the show with Nancy & Leonie, it was playtime with them both and no hard sell.

I know I have the Robo but I do love the embossed finish the nesties give.
    Last edited by Neries; 29-05-2011 at 07:44 PM.