Break Me Off a Piece of That UKScrappers.

July week 4 Believe

by Crafty Sandra

July colour challenge

by sharon1973

Rufus's Workout

by Mary Buttons

Elephants lunch time

by Crafty Sandra

Love this life

by Jolene

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Altered Art > Art Journals

Notices

Charmed Cards & Crafts banner

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    Hang on, what's BPS? I've joined the 21 secrets course, but don't expect to do all of the classes, just to dip into half a dozen or so. As long as I do a few that I really enjoy then I feel that the price was justified. Am going to have a crack at the Emotional Evolution one next, though I did do some work on the Becoming Brave class, and was disappointed to find it was only about making covers and dividers and nothing at all on the theme .... onwards and upwards.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (89)
    Think its Big Picture Classses http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying 21 secrets. Some classes are a little bit 'out there' but I consider myself to be an open minded person so I'm going in with an open mind and heart and looking forward to sharing the experience with a lot of other like minded people. I'm of the opinion that is doesn't matter how much you think you know there is ALWAYS something new to learn be it a technique, a new way of using a tool, new substrates, new ideas - it's endless. I don't think I'll ever stop learning in art - I hope I never do as it's that very thing that makes it so exciting for me. I also love the community that on line art courses bring - I've met so many wonderful people there. I'm off work at the moment having dealt with some very challenging health issues over the last 18 months and I thank goodness for the friends I've found through art journaling sites - I am constantly inspired by them and in awe of the wonderful work they create. 21 secrets is the fourth online course I've tried - I've also done a few with Tamara Newman and some with SuziBlu - all of which have been amazing. Each to their own though, I know these things aren't for everybody.

Rosie I'm choosing the order of my classes by picking the names out of a bag. I really couldn't have decided the order as they all sound very tempting. Let me know how you go with them

I already do the best I can. Take it or leave it. anne88's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (65)
    Hi everybody,
    a question for Rosie Zulybelle : I absolutely LOVE the hand writing on all your pages on your journalling (seen that on your blog), the titles, the small writing...
    How do you do so that it look so gorgeous and naural ?
    Could I learn that? xx
    Anne
    xxx

My Pinterest

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Quote Originally Posted by hopberni View Post
    Jane, the great thing about classes on BPS is that you've got access to them forever. Also as you buy more classes you can collect points until you have 10$ to take off the cost of a class. Whoopidoo, I have amassed 10$ so really tempted. We will probably be away for part of June as well but since I'm not worried about having access to Claudine I shall probably sign up.
    Ahhhh, you enabler you!!! Seriously, I think I will sign up too. It seems that a class is the only thing to make me sit down and PRODUCE! Otherwise I just think "Oh, I'll get around to doing it tomorrow" but like the song says, tomorrow never comes!

Ooh, almost forgot.... I just bought the book "Creative Wildfire: an introduction to Art Journaling. The basics and beyond" by LK Ludwig. It is FAB! If you want a good step-by-step for tons of techniques, it's one of the best I've seen. If you look at it on the US bookstore-Amazon site, you can see some previews I think.

View Gallery

Maria I'm not sure how to answer you - I'd seen that kind of writing in various places, and I think there was some on a layout in a scrapbook magazine I had. So I picked out the letters which were on the page and wrote them down, and then worked out what the other letters "ought" to look like. After that I just practised a bit, and it has definitely developed with practice. Hope that helps - just have a go I suppose.

I've just found the crib sheet I wrote out for a friend who wanted to learn it, so you can have a photocopy of that if you send me an SAE - just PM me.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Zullybelle View Post
    Maria I'm not sure how to answer you - I'd seen that kind of writing in various places, and I think there was some on a layout in a scrapbook magazine I had. So I picked out the letters which were on the page and wrote them down, and then worked out what the other letters "ought" to look like. After that I just practised a bit, and it has definitely developed with practice. Hope that helps - just have a go I suppose.

I've just found the crib sheet I wrote out for a friend who wanted to learn it, so you can have a photocopy of that if you send me an SAE - just PM me.
    Thank you so much Rosie, I PM'ed you ! xx
    Anne
    xxx

My Pinterest

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    i haven't journalled for days....maybe even a couple of weeks. Feels like something is missing but I'm just so busy and have so many plans at the moment I can't think straight.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    zullybelle, is there any chance that I could have a copy too?

View Gallery

What's happened to our art journalers? Gone away? Gone to play?

I signed up for two courses at BPS: the getting started with Tracy Julian and "Get Those Creative Juices Going" with Amy Tangerine.

Craftdee, how are your 21 Secrets classes going?

Yesterday I went through my 12" patterned paper and pulled out a LOT of it, to donate somewhere. You know, I haven't looked at it in so long....I'd forgotten how much I love some of it (the paper I kept!). So here's a question: how can we use it in Art Journaling? I'm assuming it would be some kind of collage, but maybe there are other ways? Do any of you ever use it for backgrounds? Someone's brain is bound to be better than mine. Speak up, please....

View Gallery

Jane if you have a look at my blog, and go back through past journal entries, you'll see that I've made good use of lots of my paper scraps as pages and/or backgrounds. Some of the pages are kind of patchwork, and I often use paper scraps to make a border. Hope this helps.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (54)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneH View Post
    What's happened to our art journalers? Gone away? Gone to play?
    Iím here, yoohoo!!!

Havenít been near my journal for a week or so though as I had a couple of CJs to get out, plus Iíve been working on a mini quilt, and embroidery takes me forever!

As for patterned paper, Iíve actually been trying to encourage myself to use some up recently, as like yourself I have loads that I had not so much as looked at in yonks. Both these AJ pages have patterned paper backgrounds:

http://are-you-flowin.blogspot.com/2...ot-broken.html

and

http://are-you-flowin.blogspot.com/2...your-mark.html

as has this AJ style CJ page:

http://are-you-flowin.blogspot.com/2...ouldnt-do.html

As you can see, I do have a habit of gessoing the patterned papers into (almost) oblivion I like the texture and hint of pattern that they add, though.
    Blog (warning, here be spoilers!) / Art Journals / Be-Stitched CJ

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Zullybelle View Post
    Jane if you have a look at my blog, and go back through past journal entries, you'll see that I've made good use of lots of my paper scraps as pages and/or backgrounds. Some of the pages are kind of patchwork, and I often use paper scraps to make a border. Hope this helps.
    Rosie,
    your studio is lovely (by the way, I did the same with my punches, very practical). Your room is light and bright and there is space, although you have a lot of stuff (you are right, not easy to hide that way ). That's a wonderful place to be creative (I must confess I loooove Pink !). You have arranged it beautifully and you can be really proud
    My biggest enemy in my room is the sun. I am plain South, so loads of light, but loads of sun, so I have to "hide everything"
    Anne
    xxx

My Pinterest

View Gallery

I've seen some examples of PP used as background in some of the books I have, but frankly (and this is a weird trait of mine), I can't stand to cover it up with paint to the point you can't see it. Might as well use plain cardstock and stamps. I've seen lots of YouTube artists who do this (a la Suzi Blu for one).

I can't cut up books either, to make altered books. Or use Stampotique stamps (give me the creeps).

Told you I was weird.....

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    I agree about the Stampotique stamps Jane. I've had to give myself permission to cut up books and now quite enjoy it. It helps if it's a book you would have thrown away.

+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast