Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Newby needs help with glue

Hi everyone - Im fairly new to the world of craft but am really bitten by the bug. I am, however, having problems sorting out what glues to use for what items.....the usual problems, PVA leaves paper crinkly, Pritt isnt very strong. I bought some spray glue but it came out like silly dtring and went everywhere, so should I be using mounting spray? does that come out finer and more controlable?

Also, what would be best for sticking metal embelleshments onto card?

Hope you can all help.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    For sticking metal embellies you can't go past glossy accents ... it's strong and dries clear. Another fav for me is pinflair glue gel, I use it for just about everything!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I had exactly the same problem with paper when I started, I have several crinkly LOs!

I do use a glue stick, tho, if you put plenty on it's fine, don't get Pritt cos it's expensive, any other glue stick will do.

I also use my ATG gun, altho I don't have an acid-free one so I keep it away from the photos...

For the photos themselves I now use the Zig 3-way glue with the chisel-tip applicator, it's excellently sticky and acid-free. Before that I used bits of acid-free double sided tape, works out pretty cheap and you only really need a big bit in each corner IMO.

Mount spray is really expensive if you get the proper acid-free stuff, and it still goes everywhere, you will have VERY sticky hands!

Hope that helps!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I have a vast collection of glues! But you can't go wrong with dry adhesives for paper, either some type of tape gun or double sided tape (DST).

Another huge fan of glossy accents for heavy embellishments and I've recently got an ATG gun and don't know how I lived without it!!

Happy crafting.