Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Sorry, what do you mean by "outline". The colour picker fill doesn't work for me, did you do anything to the PDF before using the fill?
    No I just made sure that the fill was on and chose a colour to fill with I click down the bottom to bring up the fill and stroke box so that I can turn it on or off, not sure what its called but it comes up on the right hand side
    But the bucket worked as well I tried that when Sue said that is what she used it worked both ways
    June

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneC View Post
    No I just made sure that the fill was on and chose a colour to fill with I click down the bottom to bring up the fill and stroke box so that I can turn it on or off, not sure what its called but it comes up on the right hand side
    But the bucket worked as well I tried that when Sue said that is what she used it worked both ways
    June
    That doesn't make sense if the colour picker which for me is on the left of my window worked for you it should work for me and it doesn't, as much as I would love it to, it doesn't.

This is what I did on opening the file in Inkscape... I had to ungroup several times to separate those four invisible corner boxes and then delete them, leaving the square in the middle, after changing the fill and stroke colour to red this is what it still looks like
    Attached Images Attached Images

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Thanks for posting that June. However I can't do what you and Sue have done either... with the pdf, I have even tried making a new file in studio to see if that makes any difference but it doesn't. the only way I could do this is by screen shot and re-tracing in inkscape for what I need and that takes too much time. From your screen shot above it looks like there is no fill showing that I can see, it should be filled with colour that doesn't move when you move the design.

None of my pdf's that I have offered studio will convert to what I need, All would need re-making or tracing which I don't really have time for .

I have also found out something else too tonight after playing with this.. My intricate designs That I have made in inkscape directly have frozen studio software and shut the program completely..but may I add they don't in robo master..

As for opening in MTC only parts of the design was opening and showing a cutline and as for cutting directly from inkscape which I do often also only parts of the design cut in certain places... I have yet to play with funtime, knk Studio and Illustrator for all the file formats.
    Tina craft robo

View Gallery

That doesn't make sense if the colour picker which for me is on the left of my window worked for you it should work for me and it doesn't, as much as I would love it to, it doesn't.

This is what I did on opening the file in Inkscape... I had to ungroup several times to separate those four invisible corner boxes and then delete them, leaving the square in the middle, after changing the fill and stroke colour to red this is what it still looks like
    Well I don't know I Did try Sue's way to,bring in the pdf into Inkscape then she used the node editing tool clicked on the file a couple of times then hit the fill, and that worked too, I don't know why but you could try that
    JUNE

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by silverst170 View Post
    Thanks for posting that June. However I can't do what you and Sue have done either... with the pdf, I have even tried making a new file in studio to see if that makes any difference but it doesn't. the only way I could do this is by screen shot and re-tracing in inkscape for what I need and that takes too much time. From your screen shot above it looks like there is no fill showing that I can see, it should be filled with colour that doesn't move when you move the design.

None of my pdf's that I have offered studio will convert to what I need, All would need re-making or tracing which I don't really have time for .

I have also found out something else too tonight after playing with this.. My intricate designs That I have made in inkscape directly have frozen studio software and shut the program completely..but may I add they don't in robo master..

As for opening in MTC only parts of the design was opening and showing a cutline and as for cutting directly from inkscape which I do often also only parts of the design cut in certain places... I have yet to play with funtime, knk Studio and Illustrator for all the file formats.
    How odd, mine is doing it fine each time, and all the design opend in MTC
    one point you mentioned re opening designs made in Inkscape up into studio
    The problem is that some when looked at the lines are broken and may not meet up, then Studio won't want to know, they need to be looked at in Robo and adjusted to meet, that is what we have found
    I only wish any of these programs worked like my embroidery software, unjoined lines can be joined nodes can be selected by a bounding box and deleted en masse
    I will try to test some more and if needs be I will try to do a video, just in case we are not quite on the same page
    But not tonight its getting to near bed time
    June

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)

I got those boxes when I opened a pdf file that I created in a different pdf maker (alhoaha pdf maker) which says it makes pdf vector files. If I use primo pdf or cute pdf, then the file opens and looks 'normal' without any squares on the page.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by gemsmember View Post
    I got those boxes when I opened a pdf file that I created in a different pdf maker (alhoaha pdf maker) which says it makes pdf vector files. If I use primo pdf or cute pdf, then the file opens and looks 'normal' without any squares on the page.
    I use CutePDF and I've got boxes.

View Gallery

I can't suggest as to why the pdfs would behave differently. I have tried alhoaha - cute and primo - the cute and primo both worked the same in inkscape the alhoaha (which is supposed to be the vector one) gave me the squares.

It is probably worth experimenting with different pdfs to find one that will work for you, if this is something you want to do.

I don't have any need to convert gsd files etc. as I am quite happy using SS and it works for me, but just wanted to try out the pdf conversion to see what would happen if need be and it was OK.

View Gallery

I don't need to convert either as I cut directly from Inkscape, I just started doing it to help others, who wanted GSD format rather than DMaster.

I have put together what you told June to do and she told us, with what you said you did, added a step of my own and got it to work. Following the step by step from both of you separately doesn't work. I figured out the missing step from your method, it's no biggy but can see how you might have not noticed it, if you aren't familiar with Inkscape.

I've written it up what I did and will probably upload to the tutorial forum later today when it's been checked and tested. Thank you for the help and push needed to sort this out.

View Gallery

It will be interesting to see what step we missed - as I said, I don't use inkscape - but I am glad that at least it has cleared up your misunderstanding that studio files can't be converted and used in other softwares as was being said.

View Gallery

At the moment I've got mixed feelings about even going down the PDF route, as Studio is free it seems the path of least resistance would be, download the software open the file, fill it with black, take away the stoke colour, take a screen shot and then use auto trace in your chosen software, but I need to play more to get a feel for it.

View Gallery

Whatever way suits people the best is the answer. I only played with the pdf route as you had said that was the way that gsd files could be used.

I, and probably a lot of other people, won't want or need to convert their files to other softwares, but there are options if they want to do so.

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

I know its a Sunday, but I don't understand. Can this be converted or not?

I tried this ages ago and in Normal mode in Inkscape I get the first pic which looks normal, but if I use the Outline Mode in Inkscape I get a lot of crossed boxes (second Pic) which won't convert to anything and these boxes have to be deleted and the pic retraced etc, but it will not convert via Export Bitmap in order to autotrace and go into Robomaster to become a GSD.

What have I missed please?
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

June and I did it yesterday with several different pdf files taken directly from Studio.

We have both written our methods further down the messages.

I think Lucille has found a different way (as I am not familiar with inkscape and just played around with it - but it did work for me)

So my answer would be Yes - it does work - I don't personally have any need for it, but it was an experiment to see if it could be done

View Gallery

Hi Anne sorry you missed it all last night, yes I've got it working, but it isn't without problems.