Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Cardmaking magazines-which ones do you buy?

I'm thinking about getting a cardmaking subscription to either cardmaking & papercraft or quick cards made easy (this is the one I'm leaning more towards)

They will cost me 42.50 pounds or 40 pounds so need to make the right choice as they aren't cheap.
    which one do you get? (or do you get a different one?)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I don't get any craft magazines at all any more, but my advice would be to stalk their websites and blogs for a little bit and see which one has the most projects you like. then subscribe to that one. The magazines tend to have a style so it's important to get one that is most similar to what you prefer.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I have Papercraft Essentials, which was a replacement for Scrapbook Inspirations when they folded. I was going to cancel it but actually I like it now.

Have you tried Creativity Magazine? Altho it's a vehicle for the brands they promote, the ideas in it are very good and it's only £2.50. You get a free gift with every one and it's considerably thicker than other more expensive magazines. It's my favourite cardmaking mag at the moment, very good value.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

i get craft stamper, its such an informative mag and you get a brill stamp with it everymonth.

There are a lot of mags out, good luck hun

Hugs
    Judie xx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Have a google search for subscription deals... I have a few!

I get QCME every month as I was bought a subscription for my birthday last July.

I subscribed to Cardmaking and Papercraft for 6 issues for £5, bargain. I've done this twice, just keep an eye out for the deals.

I did just use my Tesco vouchers for Papercraft Inspirations though Im waiting for my first issue to arrive.

Tried Docrafts Creativity for the first time last month and loved it. and for the bargain price of £2.50 with 2 free gifts.

How can I miss you if you won't go away Snaggles's Avatar
    View Gallery

I like crafts as well as cardmaking so enjoy Crafts Beautiful for the variety but really getting into the Creativity mag for the scrapbooking layouts and information, especially the geneology series they did as I am doing my family tree. The price is an added bonus as I am a restricted budget crafter.

Good luck deciding.

Snaggles

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I used to subscribe to Crafts Beautiful and Papercraft Inspirations. But I found the card making mags all repetative. Whats in one mag, will be in another mag in a month or two later. Even when they are different publishers! Also after 1 year, it was all repeated again the following year! So I cancelled my Subscription.
    I find the internet much much more informative and modern and tailor made to my style.

I decided to subscribe to Craft Stamper magazine because they are totally different in what they offer. Many more techniques, and much more adaptable if you dont have any of the items they use, a Free stamp every month, and it its more about creating your own bits and bobs to use rather than "buy a pack of ready made embellishments and stick them on".

Sorry I cant be of much more help!

View Gallery

I haven't heard of Craft Stampers so I'm going to change to this from mine, I think it's Papercraft Essentials - it's very repetitive.