Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Thumbs up Do you enter any card making challenges?

I'm a bit shy about showing my cards on websites like these as everyone else's seem so much better than mine so thought a way to overcome this might be to enter some challenges.
    I'm going to enter the one from the wild rose studios stamp company, a promarker website one and one on the circle of crafters website.Possibly the digistamp boutique and i love promarkers blog one "when" the post finally turns up!!

Which ones do you enter? will there be another on here?

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

I've never entered any challenges either as everyone else seems so good, and I haven't figured out how to show what I've done, so maybe that's a January challenge!

Ruth

View Gallery

i've only ever entered the card challenges on here and even then i only did the last two months. i'd like to enter more as i'm a blog a holic and spend way too much time trawling craft blogs where i see either the bloggers entry or a request to enter, but like you say - i don't feel mine are of the same standard but i'm gaining confidence and since you have nothing to loose and some nice goodies to gain, i see me entering more of them this year. 2011 is going to be the year i took crafting seriously

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by rasmus View Post
    I'm a bit shy about showing my cards on websites like these as everyone else's seem so much better than mine so thought a way to overcome this might be to enter some challenges.
    I'm going to enter the one from the wild rose studios stamp company, a promarker website one and one on the circle of crafters website.Possibly the digistamp boutique and i love promarkers blog one "when" the post finally turns up!!

Which ones do you enter? will there be another on here?
    γεια σου και καλως ηρθες!!! εγω προσωπικα δειχνω ολες τις καρτες μου...ακομα και οι οχι τοσο καλες πέρνουν κριτικές και συμβουλές και έτσι τις βελτιώνω!!!
    I love walking in the rain because no-one can see that I'm crying...

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    I only entered monthly card challenge on here but one month much to my surprise I won a gorgeous prize so dont be shy its great to share ideas and inspiration with each other
    think Marion is saying that too

love the sentiment about not waiting for the storm to pass but learn to dance in the rain

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by bramblepie View Post
    I only entered monthly card challenge on here but one month much to my surprise I won a gorgeous prize so dont be shy its great to share ideas and inspiration with each other
    think Marion is saying that too

love the sentiment about not waiting for the storm to pass but learn to dance in the rain
    yes sweetie this is exactly what I'm telling to our new friend!!!
    I love walking in the rain because no-one can see that I'm crying...

Dedicated Scrapper paper&ribbons's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I am a bit lax at entering challenges so I have started a weekly one on my blog to help me become more creative and to hopefully encourages others to do so or just to provide prompts for creatvity! I hope you'll join me!

Ang

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I think possibly a lot of us feel the same way. It took me a while to put anything on this site and often I'll make a card and think I like it until I see what other people have posted and then I wonder why I bother.

Ang's (paper & ribbons) weekly challenge is great, lots of different ideas on there.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi, where do you find these challenges? Specifically for cardmaking too?
    Thanks, Sophy

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by sophy View Post
    Hi, where do you find these challenges? Specifically for cardmaking too?
    Thanks, Sophy
    If you look at this blog http://dailydare4u.blogspot.com/ they list out challenges for each day.

Mmmmm pretty paper.... MuckyFingers's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Card challenges are a great way to get motivated, sometimes I wonder if I'd make any if it wasn't for the challenges
    Every one should enter, especially as a great deal of the challenges have prizes on at least a monthly basis. Also, if you enter the challenges, you're probably inspiring other people to do the same thing
    Marion, I love that you typed that out in Greek <3