Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone. lruk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Well I finally got a reply to my email which holds out some hope for us here in the UK.

"I'm sure this reply will come as a surprise since it was almost a month ago that you wrote. I apologize for the delay. Thank you so much for your interest in Project Life. Our Canadian distributer can ship to just about any country, but you're right -- it is expensive. We wish it weren't so expensive but it just is, based on the size & weight of that box. I'm really sorry it can't be easier for you now. This has nothing to do with discrimination and has everything to do with it being a much more complicated process than most people would realize. We are looking into options of expanding our international distribution.

We would love to see Project Life expand there in the UK. Thank you for being patient with us while we look into those options.

All the best,
    Becky"
    Linda

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Woohoo! No reason why Amazon can't do it really - my sons get most of their books from Amazon in the States!!! (And don't pay much more for shipping than they would from UK sites.) Fingers crossed they can sort it, without it being too expensive. Thanks for posting the reply you got. Jude.x

View Gallery

I have gone down the route of making my own PL format using WRMK mixed page protectors and using some of my monthly kit contents up which is certainly working at the moment as i managed to put together a whole months worth of pages. Just waiting for the month end so i can print photos off and insert - job done!!

View Gallery

Update on Project Life for UK delivery

Not sure exacly how good the news is going to be yet, but if you haven't seen it, then it might be worth keeping an eye on the Canadian shipper's blog (not allowed to post a link - sorry) for a potentially exciting update!

I confess I have already splurged (my husband did masses of overtime in January and it was my reward for hardly seeing him!) and I'm now waiting for my kit to make its way through customs (I track the parcel online every day...).

It's already 7 weeks since I ordered from Canada. Hopefully this new shipping system (whatever it may be) will mean that any refills and extras will be quicker and cheaper to get hold of, and that more of us will be able to participate. Hooray!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I bought a load of WRMK page protectors cheap thinking of this project (see Big Store deals forum) I liked the ones with 4 horizontal 4x6 with 3 4x4 along the middle - quite close to the look of BHs but also boughtn some with 3 vertical 4x6 along the bottom of the page

Cris

View Gallery

Thanks Sarah, that does look interesting. Maybe there is hope for us yet
    Linda

View Gallery

My kit arrived yesterday and it is wonderful. Lots of fun sorting out all the cards and preparing it all. *swoon*

View Gallery

I am soooo jealous but do I hope you enjoy using your kit.
    Linda

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SarahGiles View Post
    My kit arrived yesterday and it is wonderful. Lots of fun sorting out all the cards and preparing it all. *swoon*
    Do you mind telling us how much it cost in the end? I went on the other day and worked out, with shipping and potential customs/post office charges, it would work out at £130! Don't think I am that desperate for another kit. Jude.x

View Gallery

Brilliant news - Amazon Uk will be selling the Project Life stuff from June but there isn't a lot left. The new stuff should be available from the autumn, also on Amazon UK. I can't wait!
    Linda

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by lruk View Post
    Brilliant news - Amazon Uk will be selling the Project Life stuff from June but there isn't a lot left. The new stuff should be available from the autumn, also on Amazon UK. I can't wait!
    That's great news. TFS - lets hope it's not too expensive though? Jude.x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    Great news! Wonder when we can find out how much it will be?
    Pauline x

My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper wedding belle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (69)
    My son is going to Washington in a couple of weeks time so I ordered the Project Life on the Amazon.com for him to bring back. It came to approx. £33 as it was free delivery - can't wait!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    Did you go for the Amber version? I prefer the turquoise so was tempted to wait till I'm in the states in the summer but I think it's sold out on amazon. Wonder if it's worth waiting till the autumn or how much the cost difference will be?
    Pauline x

My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper wedding belle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (69)
    I went for the amber version because I preferred it having seen both on You Tube and also because some reviews have said that the turquoise one is not such good quality.