Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storage ideas

Storage ideas

I am looking for ideas to sort my craft room to make it look tidier it puts me off going in there to craft as it's so full of stuff and it's all on show.
    Help!!
    Jane

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    ooooooh i really really want a craft room. i am confined to the 'under the stairs' cupboard.

budget is a massive factor. if you can run to one the shelving units from ikea (i think i saw wilkinsons do one too) are great and files, boxes etc go well on them.

i was on a very small budget and bought a few plastic trolleys for my 'cupboard - oh how i wish it were the one to narnia!) and a few sets of filing drawers where i now keep my paper/card for printing. i have the wheeled drawers organised into inking, stamping, tools, dies, ribbons, buttons and it goes on. i also bought quite a bit of the stationary in wilkinsons - ring binders, mini drawer sets, magazine holders. they have some lush ranges in these that look nice.

i like my little drawer sets as i can manouver them easily and even bring them into the room i'm crafting in, i vary depending on how i feel, dining room, kitchen or lounge lol. i can even pull out the drawers and bring them to the table i'm at. i'd love something bigger and better but for now i have to make do (until ds turns 18 and i can have his play room!)

loving life and capturing it as I go hannahk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by cardaddict View Post
    I am looking for ideas to sort my craft room to make it look tidier it puts me off going in there to craft as it's so full of stuff and it's all on show.
    Help!!
    Jane
    hi Jane ~ take a look at this blog for some inspiration on containers etc http://craftystorage.blogspot.com/
    Hannah

I have plenty of drawers just too much stash and everything is on show as I don't have any cupboards just open shelving and I also have loads of other non-craft stuff in the room and at the moment it is such a mess I don't want to even go in there I am a major hoarder so trying to tackle it bit by bit.
    Thanks that blog looks GREAT!
    Regards Jane
    Last edited by cardaddict; 01-12-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: spelling

View Gallery

Thanks for that link it`s a very nice blog to see how you can storage the stuff

Mandy

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (88)
    My craft room has only just been completed! I've had a brick room built onto the back of our garage and I love it!! (We had the garden redesigned too, my room had only just finished been built in the photo so all the 'finishing off' bits have now been done.) I found the easiest way to sort through my stash was bit by bit, I was really tough on myself and said anything that I wouldn't realistly use wouldn't go in there!! I did want to have everything 'hidden' away so can understand you wanting the same. Here's a link to it on my blog if you'd like to see inside it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scrappykaren; 18-12-2010 at 12:04 PM. Reason: to add craft room picture
    Hugs Karen x

I'm a Chorley Rose!

My blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (68)
    Karen-yourcraft room is stunning hun-looks really well organised!! I need to have a good clean and tidy in mine today!
    Take care,
    Nickyx

John
    View Gallery

Lightbulb Storage solutions

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddict View Post
    Help!!
    Jane
    I live in a small bungalow and have to do my card making in the bedroom, (where my computer is), and/or on the kitchen table. Norma, (my wife of 56 yrs.), has bought me a Tower Storage Drawer unit from Hobby Craft. It has eleven drawers which are about 3 and 1/4 inch deep and stands about 4 ft. high. This we have placed in one side of one of our wardrobes. It is out of sight and easy for access as needed. I am really pleased with it. It doesn't actually hold all my gear, what with computer programs and CDs etc., but it certainly holds quite a lot and it is tidily out of the way. They actually have shorter units with deeper drawers. The best for me was the eleven drawer unit with the 3 1/4 inch deep drawers. Hope this might help, Best Regards, John
    Last edited by JohnBrighter33; 06-06-2011 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Typos

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Home bargains are good for little trays and baskets. I got some really nice wicker baskets from there which I use to put stamps in. A lot nicer than the chinese takeaway tubs I was using before!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    haha Im using takeaway tubs, empty business card boxes, and a 3 drawer trolley for my craft stuff. But then again, I dont have that much stash!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

ooh I have been crafting from under my stairs for the past 5 weeks as we had a house guest I can't wait to get back to my craft room and be able to access all of my things easily. Love the craft room specially built onto the garage that is great and you won't get disturbed lol

View Gallery

All of my stuff is confined to the utility room. I have a great cubby hole storage unit (like a pigeon hole type thing) that sits on top of my washing machine. When it spins, everything falls out which is not great!

I did buy some plastic storage draw units from Dunelm Mill the other week that just fit 12 x 12 papers. I think it was about £12.99 and it has 3 drawers. I have a few other plastic draw units that I got from Asda. One day (once I have won the lottery), I will get my own craft room, but at the moment I am competing for space with every plastic toy known to man in my house

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have a cupboard in my bedroom that used to be my wardrobe its was an ikea wardrobe that you could custimise so i bought some shelves to put in and have now tidied my craft stash away at least the stuff that is in my room and not in the garage or my mums dressing/spare beadroom

Smile and the world smiles with you, cry and you cry alone. lruk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    If you have shelving then your best bet would be storage boxes of some kind. I recently redid my craft space and put everything into boxes and what a difference it has made to the overall look of things. I used Kassett boxes from Ikea and found a combination of the dvd, cd and 12x12 boxes were perfect and I was able to lable the front so I can see at a glance what is in them. I have photos on my blog here, if you're interested.
    Linda

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Storage

I use Shelving units and plastic boxes with sticky labels to tell me where everything is, I am slowly outgrowing my office space though and will have to move to another room and separate my office space and craft space.

Laura x