Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: Zip'eMate

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

Zip'eMate

Has anyone got a Zip'emate Die cutter and managed to use sizzlet dies for cutting?
    I bought mine quite a while back to use it with cuttlebug folders and Its great for that but i've had no luck with the sizzlets dies. Just wondering if anyone else has managed it and what platform you used?

I like chocolate, I like shopping, but best of all, I like cropping! izzy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)
    here are the instructions for sizzlits from the leaflet that came with mine

Cutting instructions
    for Sizzlits Dies
    (requires ZSZLM)

1 - Place die on zipemate cutting/embossing platform, FOAM SIDE UP.
    2 PLACE ZIPEMATE cUTTING mAT (sizzlits dies) on top of the material. Roll thro machine by turning handle in the direction you want die and platform to go.
    3 Remove cutting mat. separate die cuts from remaining material.

I havent used mine for yonks but this always worked for me
    good luck

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    only problem I've got now is trying to figure out what mat is what I have 1 really thick platform, 1 not so thick and 3 different cutting mat type things and a rubber mat for embossing

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    The really thick white mat is the original mat and will cut all the thin type dies such as ellison, quickcutz and for those the mat to put on the top will be the see through pleximat (the stiff one). Sizzlets's will also go on the thick white mat but will need the thinner, bendy semi see through mat.
    The much thicker sizzix dies go on the slimmer white mat with the see through stiff mat.
    You may have two of the see through stiff mats, one is for embossing but to be honest I have never found a difference between my embossing and my ordinary cutting mat.

I only use mine for embossing now as I dont see the point in buying a cuttlebug when it works perfectly ok with the folders and my one set of nesties.