Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    And thank you Lucille for asking the questions
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

NanaKath
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    OMG! so much info and so little grey matter to assimilate it all. I really admire you ladies and gents who can. Thank you all for sharing your skill and knowledge.
    Kathleen,

View Gallery

FAO Phil

I've got a request for an upgrade to the Studio software can we have the function to do contoured text please for scrappers titles?

Oh dear, now I've started playing with the Studio software I'm finding things I can't do, which has called a halt to my plans to actually use it to make something today, so I have another question/request can we also have the function to do 'object to path' (using the command names from Inkscape).
    Last edited by Lucille; 09-10-2010 at 01:56 PM.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    FAO Phil

I've got a request for an upgrade to the software can we have the function to do contoured text please for scrappers titles?

Oh dear, now I've started playing with this software I'm finding things I can't do, which has called a halt to my plans to actually use it to make something today, so I have another question/request can we also have the function to do 'object to path' (using the command names from Inkscape).
    I would have asked Phil last night but it didn't occur to me till I saw this post, can we have this loaded as well as Robomaster and if so have you got a link to the download please Lucille?

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    I would have asked Phil last night but it didn't occur to me till I saw this post, can we have this loaded as well as Robomaster and if so have you got a link to the download please Lucille?
    Yes you can have both programs loaded and you can download here

When I opened the program this morning, it did an update so something has changed, but nothing obvious from looking.

View Gallery

[QUOTE=Lucille;6137818]Yes you can have both programs loaded and you can download here

When I opened the program this morning, it did an update so something has changed, but nothing obvious from looking.
    Thanks Lucille.
    I'm not sure about downloading it if it's the one that says Robomaster XP and Vista (I've got windows 7) what is different to the Robomaster we already have
    Last edited by DJG; 09-10-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Not sure if I've read everything here right, but here goes......

the new silhouette software doesn't produce GSD files it produced files called SS, is that right? if it is then would it be possible for Brian to come up with a converter program, like the other one, to convert these SS files into GSD files for people who want to share their creations?

Also, if we're talking about upgrades to software, I would love an upgrade in RM so that when we autotrace we can delete a lot of nodes in one go, instead of having to delete one node at a time. Not sure if that's possible but thought I'd throw it out there

View Gallery

[QUOTE=Fuschia;6137828]Not sure if I've read everything here right, but here goes......

the new silhouette software doesn't produce GSD files it produced files called SS, is that right? if it is then would it be possible for Brian to come up with a converter program, like the other one, to convert these SS files into GSD files for people who want to share their creations?

There is no reason to convert them as the software is free so simply download it to use the SS files as for GSD you can open and cut GSD in the software, but I believe they are working on a DXF save option, I just hope it cuts smooth and fast not like the DXF we have at the moment. Why they would want a DXF for CraftRobo's when the software works with the CR is a bit of mystery to me.

Also, if we're talking about upgrades to software, I would love an upgrade in RM so that when we autotrace we can delete a lot of nodes in one go, instead of having to delete one node at a time. Not sure if that's possible but thought I'd throw it out there

This is just my personal opinion, but if they are merging the 2 machines and consumables I would be very surprised if they upgrade the RoboMaster software, Phil said as much in an earlier post, only bugs will be fixed.

View Gallery

Someone at GA/QuickKutz/Silhouette is having a laugh aren't they

I've just opened a GSD in the Studio software made changes to it and then clicked on Save and it has saved the changes to the file in GSD format, which now leads me to ask why can't we have a GSD option to save on the list in the software?

DO NOT DO WHAT I'VE JUST DONE BECAUSE THE FILE WON'T OPEN IN ROBO MASTER ANY MORE - I GET THE 'VERSION' ERROR MESSAGE that we get when RM has been upgraded in the past, so that's one of my files stuffed for future use with RM I'll have to download a copy of my own file from UKS.

View Gallery

Thanks for the info Lucille but I don't think I'll bother with it then

View Gallery

Thanks for the info Lucille, but I don't really want an additional software on my PC, when it does the same as Robomaster - I just don't see the point really. I had a silhouette before the robo and it was the same RM software, I can't understand why they can't use the RM software and just upgrade it a little.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Fuschia View Post
    Thanks for the info Lucille, but I don't really want an additional software on my PC, when it does the same as Robomaster - I just don't see the point really. I had a silhouette before the robo and it was the same RM software, I can't understand why they can't use the RM software and just upgrade it a little.
    It does more than RoboMaster and it's a nice piece of software. I don't know for sure but I think the problem with upgrading RM is that it comes from GJapan and they don't seem too keen to upgrade it, when you consider how old RM is and we have only had 3-4 upgrades in over 6 years.

I particularly like the node editing in the Studio software, but I won't be using it either because of the file format and a lot of what I do I can't do with it. We have had GSDs for so long to go over to ANOTHER weird/customised file format doesn't appeal, it was bad enough when they brought out the GRA format for DM. Perhaps GJapan won't allow them to use the GSD format with this software only Phil can tell use the reason.

View Gallery

Its a shame Lucille, cos as you say, we're all used to GSD and changing over to yet another software doesn't really appeal, especially for us that sell out files too. Never mind, more hours spent deleting nodes in RM

View Gallery

I think your idea has potential for people who want to use their GSDs with the studio software. Perhaps Brian can do something that would let us open them if we use the studio software and save what is an old GSD file so we can still use them with RMaster. I have tried his last converter and that doesn't work and I've tried WishAway and that doesn't work.

What concerns me is if people flock to use this new free software with it's own file format and then they decide to start charging for it, CR owners will be left with a load of SS files they can't use unless they either keep the old versions of the software or be forced to buy it and I for one am not going down that road.

View Gallery

I agree Lucille. I know the RM in the silhouette looked the same and did the same, but was coded somehow to that Robo users couldn't open the files, even though they were both GSD formats (I think, it was a long time ago now, lol) and the converter Brian came up with was brilliant. I just thought if the SS software was better than RM then it would be great to use that, seeing as its free, but only if they could be 'converted' for use with the Robo, then that way, everyone's happy.

Hopefully Phil or Brian may come on next week to let us know if this could be a possibility or not. Not holding my breath though, lol.