Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Phil thank you for telling us what's planned, you didn't mention file format are GUK still going to be keeping to GSD's? I hope so as we have such a lot of files here already.

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Hi Lucille

We will be keeping RoboMaster and DesignMaster as well as the new Silhouette Studio software.

Silhouette Studio will import GSD files, so they are all cuttable from the SS software.

Because Silhouette sell designs (and I must say, I am quite impressed with their library), they do not allow you to export as GSD, otherwise people would be able to share copyrighted images, but it is definitely no problem to import your GSD files.

We are also working with several other software companies, so look out for some well known names driving the CraftRobo in the future.

As you know, our policy is and always has been to give you the widest choice possible, after all,everybody has their own favourites.

Phil

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by philk View Post
    Hi Lucille

We will be keeping RoboMaster and DesignMaster as well as the new Silhouette Studio software.

Silhouette Studio will import GSD files, so they are all cuttable from the SS software.

Because Silhouette sell designs (and I must say, I am quite impressed with their library), they do not allow you to export as GSD, otherwise people would be able to share copyrighted images, but it is definitely no problem to import your GSD files.

We are also working with several other software companies, so look out for some well known names driving the CraftRobo in the future.

As you know, our policy is and always has been to give you the widest choice possible, after all,everybody has their own favourites.

Phil
    Umm, we'lll have to see how it all pans out. Are they planning on keeping the Silhouette software free? I hope it's not going to be bait and hook and than bam £50 upgrades?

It's certainly a step back to the old WishBlade days of SD cards or whatever they used to call them, still I suppose libraries are OK for people who can't or don't want to learn software and make their own designs.

View Gallery

Even though Silhouette America have 11,464 designs in their libaray available to buy at the moment, that hasn't deterred me from designing my own files.

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Hi Lucille

yes, I know what you mean, I am pretty sure the software will remain free.

Regarding the libraries, my thoughts were the same as yours, our plan with the CraftROBO has always been to keep it open and let people create their own designs, but to be honest, we have been inundated with different users asking us to provide images.

That is the main reason that we have decided to implement the Silhouette solution for those who want it.

As I said earlier, by adopting all of the different solutions, there is something for everybody. RoboMaster will always be free.

Phil

View Gallery

Hi Lucille

yes, I know what you mean, I am pretty sure the software will remain free.

Regarding the libraries, my thoughts were the same as yours, our plan with the CraftROBO has always been to keep it open and let people create their own designs, but to be honest, we have been inundated with different users asking us to provide images.

That is the main reason that we have decided to implement the Silhouette solution for those who want it.

As I said earlier, by adopting all of the different solutions, there is something for everybody. RoboMaster will always be free.

Phil
    I assume they won't be developing the Robo Master software further and you say that it will stay free, but what about the Silhouette Studio software will that stay free?

When the 'merger' is complete, what are your plans for UKS, will you still sponsor the forums?

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Hi Lucille

Apart from bug fixes, I don't think there will be too much development on RoboMaster. But it will remain available.

I can't speak for the policy makers in Japan, but I would be fairly certain that Silhouette Studio will remain free, it is not copy protected in any way.

The merger has been complete for 12 months now, we have just been trying to work out the best way of combining the two brands. I think we are getting the best of both.

I am more than happy to continue our sponsorship of this site for the forseeable future.

Phil

View Gallery

Hi Lucille

I am more than happy to continue our sponsorship of this site for the forseeable future.

Phil
    That's good news, especially as Tina wants to volunteer to be first for next years monthly challenge

are there any plans for a bigger affordable machine for scrappers that will cut a whole sheet of 12" X 12" card?

Second question do you support Craft Robo owners buying the replacement blade pins for the silhouette as the machines are the same? If so when will GUK be stocking them?

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

I don't know of any plans for a bigger machine, but that doesn't mean no, they don't always tell us until the products are nearly finished.

The replacement pins have now been approved by Graphtecs engineers, and should be available from our website by the end of next week

Phil

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I sure hope Phil that you will continue to sponsor this forum it is the main place robo users go,and i for one would have been lost without the help and support from everyone here. I am all for progress and improvements for the various users of the machine,as long as it'll always be there for the future.

susannah

View Gallery

I don't know of any plans for a bigger machine, but that doesn't mean no, they don't always tell us until the products are nearly finished.

The replacement pins have now been approved by Graphtecs engineers, and should be available from our website by the end of next week

Phil
    That's great news about the blades, but about a bigger machine.

Why am I the only one asking questions here if there are any lurkers watching this thread with questions, then please ask while we have Phil with us.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I agree it's great news about the blades so many people have asked about them.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    i hesitate to add that i hope this is good news in the long run for all and not the start of everything tumbling down about us,i am glad we are now informed was going to get my husband a silohoutte for the use of the library will buy him his own craftrobo now instead as graphtec support i have had is second to none,and thats great about the blades too.

susannah
    Last edited by catseyes; 08-10-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Graphtec GB
    View Gallery

Don't worry, nothing will change.

Phil

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    thank you for all the info Phil
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time