August week 2

by sharon1973

Friday 5 - 9th Aug

by sharon1973

Friday 5 - Aug 2nd

by sharon1973

Happy families

by scrapdolly

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Altered Art > Art Journals

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    Debbie, have you played with your pencils yet?

Vicki, oh yes I am glad you can use anything you please in your art journals. Its so much more relaxing. For books I really like journal bliss, although I havn't quite got around to purchasing it yet.

Bev, gel medium is usually in one of two places, with the paints or with the glues. I seem to find it near the paints in 'art' stores and near the glues in 'hobby' stores. As for hobbycraft you may have seen mod podge, thats a glue for many materials and its also used as a sealer. It has the same properties as gel meduim but its not quite the same as it can't really be mixed with acyrlics.

Rosie, when I was scrapping I used crafters templates for many things including painting through them, using them as a base for doodles, using chalks through them, drawing around PP using them. The posibilites are endless really, I must get around to purchasing some soon, I really love some of the new releases.

Julie, really lovely pages, I must leave a comment on your blog. I really love the skeleton leaves and the tea tag. I am also really surprise thats it a recycled journal it looks really sturdy. I love your everything in a box technique, I am the same as I now have a dish drained type thing (it has no holes) to hold my paints/pens etc and then all my papers/text pages/embelishments etc are ill in a wooden box ready to dig through

Well I did a page two nights ago wish, I also blogged my quilling if anyone interested. Tonight I am working on making my own journal. I have decided to do a drawing class (mentioned in my blog post) and you need a larger journal so I am making one, with string binding. Fingers crossed it turns out ok

Dedicated Scrapper rainbow_poppy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Natasha, still not had time to do anything, I am itching to get at my pencils but fairy chores, other commitments and ds going to uni next sat have meant I have had no time at all. Going to a local crop tomorrow, but I have a couple of scrapbooking things to catch up on. What I really want to try is using them on fabric!

Typical phrase: "Ooh I could scrap that!" Nabview's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanks Natasha I'm planning to blog how I made the journal ... it's on the list of htings to do at least!

I too am going to a crop tomorrow and, seeing as how I can't think of any scrapping I need to do, I think I'll take my box of everything and do some more journal pages.
    Find me on my blog: Notes on Paper; on Twitter: @notesonpaper and here on Pinterest.

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Loved your journal pages Julie. Very striking.

I've had no time to journal today. I was hoping to do the tutorial (for want of a better word) done today but no chance. Spanner in the works following a phone call this morning then a sudden realisation DD is off to a birthday party tomorrow and we had no present for her to take...Disney shop here I come!

Did I ask if anyone was going to the GNPE on Sunday? Fuzzy brain at the mo so can't remember. I'm doing Dyan's breakfast class on Sunday - all masks, sprays and gesso. Should be fun! I feel my purse may burst open again while I'm there.

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hooray - I broke my AJ block today! I made a page - and even finished it! Admittedly it's an idiotic page, but that's fine - I love the absurd and all kinds of nonsense. The important thing is that I actually did a page! The last 'little block' I had ended up being six months, so I'm anxious to keep myself creating.

Explanation: (it's actually not total nonsense) - I wanted to use the photo of this guy's splendid tattoos, but I hated his moustache, so the page just ended up being about that dilemma!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Miss Lemon; 10-09-2010 at 07:27 PM.
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    Oh woo hoo, I've just come up with a great wheeze!! I've never yet used any magazine images etc in a journal page but since they're free(ish) I was determined to give this a go. I was cutting up an old copy of the mag Simple Scrapbooks - didn't find much in the way of images but cut out LOADS of titles which prompt all manner of ideas for pages .... eg
    Feed your passion
    I've seen this before
    Try something different
    Lose the Mess
    Normal behaviour

Does this sound fun or what - try it and see why don't you??

For my birthday I've just been given a box of 30 Caran d'ache crayons, which renders my (nearly new) box of 10 redundant. Would anyone be interested in buying these for 10 including postage?? I paid 13.99 for them and they've had very little use.

View Gallery

I particularly like 'Normal Behaviour' for a prompt! I might have a go at that (both at the prompt, and at normal behaviour itself!)

I forgot to say Happy Birthday Rosie - sorry, it's rather belated now.
    Claudia

A woman should hang onto her youth, but not whilst he's driving juliwan's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Love the page Claudia and those tats.
    Agree normal behaviour sounds quite a challenge

View Gallery

Not sure what normal behaviour is. Claudia - maybe you could journal the in-laws with that title... Glad you've broken your block though- ace page!

Loving the titles Rosie. I'll make a note of them in my little black book. I'd have your crayon but I picked up the set of 15 not long after you picked yours up (I blame you of course for me buying mine).

Oh - I have a new journal to work in. Anyone a fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas? Well I am and in the Disney shop today they had some A4 notebooks recuded to 2.99,.....can you guess what I got then? Yep, one with Jack on the cover. Love it! As soon as I saw it I almost jumped up and down and shouted "Yes, what a fab art journal this would make".

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    hi all, just catching up including commuting I am out 6am - 6pm some days and usually in bed by 9.

Rosie I am intrested in the crayons if noone else has pmed you? They are the water soluable kind?
    my blog
    Christmas stocking swap 2012

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    morning, some great pages again, thanks for sharing.
    Natasha, the drawing course sounds interesting, I quite fancied the Suzie Blu course but not sure if Im disciplined enough to see it through. the quilling is so beautiful and delicate looking. Hope you find a way to incorporate it into your pages.
    Love your page Claudia, did I notice that man had plaits?? Trying to visualise his moustache, LOL.
    WB, you are being lead astray too, I see. It's such good fun isn't it?
    My stencils arrived yesterday, but my sprays haven't arrived from AFTH yet. Shame I wanted to get cracking this weekend. Any tips on what else I could try with them, Im thinkg acrylics will be a bit thick????? Bit like me, lol.
    Rosie, love your ideas for titles. This is a great help to me who still has a block there.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    ooooooo spoke 2 soon, postie just arrived, Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Bevsie View Post
    ooooooo spoke 2 soon, postie just arrived, Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    LOL - did you hug him! Have fun.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (47)
    hi all, i am looking for the sunburst stencil but cant find anyone who has it in stock, has anyone seen one on there hops?
    ALLY allys blog
    The Story Book CJ

View Gallery

Bevsie - I know your sprays have now arrived, but I use acrylic and watercolour paints with stencils all the time. I usually use a small foam roller because it's super-quick that way, but I sometimes pounce with a brush too. Just add a bit of water to the paint and do a little test first - you'll quickly see how much water to use and how much to load the roller/brush.
    Claudia

+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast