Friday five.

by RED HEAD

Postcard Home

by Mary Buttons

The Funny House

by scrapdolly

Chain link 1

by elainevking

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Altered Art > Art Journals

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by biskit View Post
    new backgrounds on my blog now. Need to go and sort something out for dinner now before someone comes and tries to chew my leg off...
    really love your lateset work
    my blog
    Christmas stocking swap 2012

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by meggie View Post
    Just plucking up the courage to post my first 2 pages plus another 2 I'm working on
    just loving your work! Stunning!
    my blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Lemon View Post
    Natasha I use photos all the time, but these days I usually fiddle with them first (I like high contrast black&white images). I did try using a proper glossy colour photo once in the early days but I wouldn't do it again because photo paper just doesn't work very well, due to the thickness and the gloss.

Here is that page though (it's not great, but I kept it because I like the stitching/beading) - plus a black and white one - both wedding pictures.

I love using photos of family/friends/myself because it's a much more personal feeling making that kind of page.

ChrisG - tidying up before showing us your workspace is cheating!
    I really like those pages. If you print the pics yourself do you spray them with anything to make them waterproof, or do you just add the pics last?

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Quote Originally Posted by meggie View Post
    I still haven't done LOs of my visit to Chitwan for the elephant safari - looks like I might need that stamp!
    It's on the Life Adventure set.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieMcF View Post
    really love your lateset work
    Thank you

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by KatieMcF View Post
    just loving your work! Stunning!
    Thank you. I've been busy painting backgrounds as I'm going on hol on Thurs

View Gallery

I'm finding im now enjoying playing with the paints more than the rest of it! Or more that's what I feel like doing at the moment!
    my blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Hello - I hope it is OK to join in?

I have never done any Art Journalling before, but I have been looking through some of the links posted and I am absolutely hooked!!

I have decided to start a Journal in September (when the schools go back) and try and do a page a day for the month.

I have a question (I am sure I will have loads more once I get into it!) - when you say you apply paint with a baby wipe, how exactly do you do it? I had a little go last night, and it just spead across the page with even coverage, so I am sure I must have been doing it wrong!

Fluv's Recipe Swap
    Feb points 0xDLO(20)=00, 10xSLO(10)=1000, wk1(0) wk2(0) wk3(0) wk4(0) xweekly challenges= 0, 0xCJ dbl pg(25)=00, 0xmini(50)=00 Total= 100

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by RachaelK View Post
    Hello - I hope it is OK to join in?

I have never done any Art Journalling before, but I have been looking through some of the links posted and I am absolutely hooked!!

I have decided to start a Journal in September (when the schools go back) and try and do a page a day for the month.

I have a question (I am sure I will have loads more once I get into it!) - when you say you apply paint with a baby wipe, how exactly do you do it? I had a little go last night, and it just spead across the page with even coverage, so I am sure I must have been doing it wrong!
    What Dyan from Art from the Heart teaches is that you use 3 colours. If you use the paint dabbers there are 3 toning colours - light, bright and earth tone.

The light is first and gives your base
    The bright highlights 3 areas - the middle of one side and 2 opposite corners - added with baby wipe and then rubbed in with your fingers
    The earth tone is for round the edge and accents- using the dabber rather than from the paint bottle

View Gallery

Hi Rachael, welcome and ask away. A lot of us here are very new to art journaling but willing to share what & how we create our pages.

Applying paint with a baby wipe. Make the baby wipe into a pad/ball then add the paint by working round, not in stripes (unless you want stripes that is). You will need to let each layer dry before adding the next or your colours will all murge and you could end up with a single colour/muddy effect. Baby wipes allow you to use very little paint as well.

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi ladies, and Welcome RachaelK! .

Ooh, thread is exciting today! I love it when everybody is posting pics!! Backgrounds...finished pages...whatever - I so enjoy looking what everybody is up to, especially with chat about the techniques used.

Vicki and Meggie - Totally LOVING your latest! Where can I get that lovely Tim Holtz flock-of-birds stamp? I've seen it before and it's lovely.

I'm fascinated to hear there is such detailed tuition that actually tells you which bits to highlight on backgrounds and how many colours to use - wow, I had no idea! I just muddled through by making loads of horrible mistakes! But isn't there a danger that all the pages will end up looking very samey using the same 'formula' each time?

I'm working on some 'scenic' pages today, using altered photos which cover nearly the whole 2-page spread, and then painting onto them. It's a new idea for me, not tried it before -so we'll see how they turn out. Also been doing a few backgrounds but they are very backgroundy - nothing worth posting.
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

View Gallery

I've got the Mini Ornate set and there is a small flock of birds stamp on it. I probably got mine from Craft Emporium, she sells a few indiviual ones as well (birds is out of stock though). I think it's one of the older sets - the crown I used is also on it.

I have a new background ready...all black. No idea what I'm going to do on it but thought it would be fun to play with.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Hi all.

Im lovin peeping at everyones work - its all so very inspirational.

Planning on settling down this afternoon to a little journling session - my boy got his GCSE results today and I really want to record this moment for him. *proud Mom moment*
    http://www.primamarketinginc.com/idea_gallery_designer.php?designer_id=70&designer_  name_first=Tracie%20Hudson
    My Blog
    DT member for Glitz Designs, Sassafras, Pencil Lines and Prima Educator

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Thanks so much for the lovely welcome, and for all the great tips. I am going to be experimenting tonight, so I will let you know how I get on!

(I also love seeing all the pics of what everyone has been doing - it is very inspirational!)

Fluv's Recipe Swap
    Feb points 0xDLO(20)=00, 10xSLO(10)=1000, wk1(0) wk2(0) wk3(0) wk4(0) xweekly challenges= 0, 0xCJ dbl pg(25)=00, 0xmini(50)=00 Total= 100

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    Fascinating pages! Now you've got me wondering what you're going to write on them? Not sure I can work that way - mine are kind of led by what I want to say, although I have done a few prepared pages, it still doesn't quite feel right.

Dedicated Scrapper GuernseyGirl's Avatar
    View Gallery

I've been working on a page - but getting lots of ideas from reading and looking at everything other people are doing. It's great to have such an active thread too! Everytime I check there seems to be a new post!!!

My DH said he liked my background and i've done a few extra bits on it - he said I need to be careful not to turn it from stylish to childish!!!!!

Oh well! Need to do the writing next - starting with a Psalm from the Bible - just as something easy to write without having to get all deep and meaningful!!! Hopefully will get to it tonight - had tried to do some writing before but I think the backgrounds wasn't dry enough and it didn't work very well!!!
    Naomi

My Blog

+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast