Jul Wk 1 Do what makes you happy

by thriftycrafter

July Monthly

by thriftycrafter

Chainlink 2

by sharon1973

lOVE ON THE QUAY - COLOUR CHALLENGE

by scrapdolly

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Altered Art > Art Journals

Notices

Charmed Cards & Crafts banner

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Would be a dedicated scrapper if I wasnt a dedicated UKS'er! TracyG_04's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Tracy, yes I am in Durban but sadly no I am not going to the convention. Just cant justify the expense, although I did try, lol
    My blogMy craft blog

Stocking swap

If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got. T_Ann's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (39)
    Hers a pic of my craft room. LOL only joking I wish it was.

This 2nd is mine though
    Attached Images Attached Images
    T-Ann

My blog http://urbanblog-tianne.blogspot.com/
    Points SLO= 0 DLO= 0 AJ pages 8 = 50 points Do 100 LOs this year = 4/100 minibooks this year= 0/12

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zullybelle View Post
    Loved your workspace Claudia - such a cosy little hive of activity! .
    Quote Originally Posted by ~natasha~ View Post
    Wow Claudia your workspace is amazing. Its like a little den full of lovely stash, enjoy it
    It is indeed my cosy little den of happiness! It's my fave place in the world! I am really lucky to have some space all to myself.

Natasha, wow - that's minimalist, and so clean and tidy. I LOVE your gingerbread men!

Fatmonica - Poor you, having no place to set up camp. Is there really no little corner you could steal anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by T_Ann View Post
    Hers a pic of my craft room. LOL only joking I wish it was.This 2nd is mine though
    Wow, the first one is glorious, but yours looks just as lovely (only in a more 'actually-gets-used' kind of way).
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    I love looking at your spaces - and consider myself incredibly fortunate to have a large room in the attic. Every morning when I come in and see my yummy pink curtains it lifts my spirits.

Because I know how lucky I am (waited a LONG time for this) I try to share it with lots of people and hold classes and meetings here. Just been happily creating some backgrounds for pages, and thinking about possible themes ... when I should really be scrapping our recent trip to Italy!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Quote Originally Posted by TracyG_04 View Post
    Tracy, yes I am in Durban but sadly no I am not going to the convention. Just cant justify the expense, although I did try, lol
    Thats a shame - I know how expensive scrapping and art supplies are in SA - it almost double what we pay here - I just thought if you were attending the event, then I could have popped some Gesso in my case for you - I could always post it when Im there???? Let me know.

Love all the sneaks of your scrapping spaces - they look so neat in comparison to mine!!
    Over the past couple of weeks Ive been having a really good sort out of all my stash but appear to be in a bigger mess now than I was before I started!!!LOL!
    This afternoons job is to get it sorted - although I'd rather be craftin!!

Happy Sunday all
    http://www.primamarketinginc.com/idea_gallery_designer.php?designer_id=70&designer_  name_first=Tracie%20Hudson
    My Blog
    DT member for Glitz Designs, Sassafras, Pencil Lines and Prima Educator

View Gallery

Rosie - a whole room to yourself! Lovely! Nice that you make real use of it by doing classes etc. I'm the opposite - in my own little world most of the time, but it's nice when DH is home and he's here on the computer, which is just next to my little corner, so we chat a bit and I show him what I'm working on.

In fact, he's a total sweetie - he never complains about my mess (even when there's bits of paper all over the computer desk), or moans about my choice of music.
    Claudia

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I don't have a crafting space as I'm currently sleeping in my parents dining room since we got back from living abroad. I'm using their dining room table and the pizza boxes of stash I got after making a wish for unwanted stash is all in a pile! Hopefully when hubby and I get our own place I will get a corner!
    my blog
    Christmas stocking swap 2012

View Gallery

Gosh, that must all feel a bit unsettled, Katie. How long do you think it will be till you find somewhere? I bet getting settled in your own place will feel great after camping out at your folks' for a while. Are you back for good then?
    Claudia

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    yes, back for good. I hope in October. In the states I was teaching and last got paid in May! The parents have been very kind in putting us up since June at the ripe old age of 29. I'm grateful.
    my blog
    Christmas stocking swap 2012

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Hello from a wet London! Gawd I can't wait to get home again, it's just too noisy here.

Welcome to TracyG & Carmen. Nice to have you on board.

Tracy - absolute basics for me would be a waterproof black pen and artist quality acyrlics. You need acrylics with high pigment levels, but you can always just use coloured pencils.

Tracy (T-Ann) now I would never scoff at the idea of you having a thought.. I was drinking (water) when I read it and nearly choked though...LOL. I'd go with Tracies suggestion, journal then paint over it, or you could add an envelope to the page, pop your journaling inside and seal it up it you want to. Paint your page so it just becomes part of it. You'll know it's there if you even want to see it again. That or create a page, then shred it.

I got my copy of Art Journal just before we left home (thanks to an escaped cats!) Oooh, lots of lovely ideas in it. Might have to get the first issue. Does anyone have a copy of it?

View Gallery

Where do you order that Art Journal mag from? Is it pricey?

I like the idea of a nice mag to flick through, but now that I've started looking at blogs, I don't know if I can cope with yet more lovely ideas! My notebooks are bulging with too many 'must try this' scribbles already - I can't possibly find time to do them all because I work quite slow (and also have to eat and sleep sometimes, and do housework and shopping and work-work!). There just aren't enough hours in the day.

I've got half-started pages and projects all over the place: I got really excited about printmaking and made some easi-print stamps, which came out quite well but I haven't got round to using yet. Then there's the sewing machine and some lovely fat quarters all sitting in the other room, and a stack of sketches and notes all made in the middle of the night (some which make more sense than others!)....I've got some free time today but knowing me I'll probably just start something else new!

Anyone finish any pages over the weekend to show? I finished a few but haven't scanned yet. Will do later.
    Claudia

View Gallery

I've just put a couple more on my blog Claudia, and then I went and made another page I don't think I like .... obviously not one of my better days!!

View Gallery

There's always going to be loads of pages you don't really like - it's always only a small percentage which work out just right. I used to find it really disappointing and feel upset that I'd wasted my precious free time, but it's just part of it. I was watching a tutorial DVD by a well-known professional artist called Merle Rosen, and she said that about 50% of what she does doesn't work out and ends up discarded - it's all about experimenting and just picking the best to keep.

It is annoying but I don't worry so much about it now, and I actually love the feeling of freedom I get from ripping up a duff page! I think the key is to have lots of pages on the go, so a few bad ones don't feel like such a big loss.

Also, if you destroy a page completely it feels fine to start afresh with the same idea, whereas if you keep it, you kind of feel you should move on to a new idea next instead of the same one.

Edited to Add: I really like BOTH your new pages! And bah to straight lines and 'artiness' (!) - your style is YOUR style! It's obvious from your cards that your natural design style is clean, well-balanced composition with a feel for what pleases the eye, so you know what to do with straight lines! And plus, you can go crazy with curves and swirls on the next page, just to prove you can!
    Last edited by Miss Lemon; 23-08-2010 at 09:39 AM.
    Claudia

View Gallery

Can't rip up my pages because I'm now working in a spiral bound book! And although I could rip one page out I like what's on the other side .... but then I guess that the resulting journal will accurately reflect the ups and downs of my life?

View Gallery

Exactly. Every page of the book can't be a favourite.

Having done a nice paint job to start with on those pinky/orangey pages, I pretty much knew whatever I did next would spoil them - and I was right! Never mind - always on to the next idea!

I might still blog the paintjob though, to show my Mum (she likes to look at my blog and she's pretty good with watercolours so she'll be interested).
    Claudia

+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast