Sept19 _ Friday 5 _ 6th

by new2this

medieval

by Maria in France

Sept colour challenge

by sharon1973

Friday 5 - 30th Aug

by sharon1973

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Altered Art > Art Journals

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Dedicated Scrapper rainbow_poppy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    Natasha still cant see your pics, even when signed in to blogger. Not sure what I am doing wrong!

The pencils arrived but not had time to play with them yet. Had to take ds to Asda etc to get things for uni today as I cant face going there after work.

Loved Donna Downey's video, what lovely pages she made.

My gorgeous grandsons (love 'em to bits :) ) chrisG's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (39)
    Hi Ladies

I am hoping (fingers & toes crossed) to get up to Harrogate on one of the days (pref Sat). I've never been able to go previously due to work commitments but I was made redundant of Friday so It's no longer a problem and timed just nicely too

Juliwan - what a fabby outline of making pages on your blog - will seriously have to give that process a go. Smashing pages too.

I visited my favourite mill again today and managed to pick up a further two ledgers although these are much much smaller than my other one. (sorry about the bad scans - should have photographed them but no batteries LOL)

The first two pictures are from a small cash book approx A5 size which looks like either a club/savings cash book and dates from 1903 (see top of page - appears to be wrote in pencil rather than ink) and this book goes through to 1928 - This book cost me £5

The second two pics are from a smaller cash book slightly larger than 4x6. Every other page is pink blotting paper and this covers the two years 1891 and 1892 and it looks like some kind of housekeeping book. This one cost me £10.00 - expensive I know but amazing little books. Not altogether too sure if I will split them or use them but I haven't been able to put them down since i got home.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chrisG; 05-09-2010 at 07:36 PM.

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    They are just amazing Chris!

And completely loopy with it! LouP's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Those ledgers are just amazing Chris. I'm not sure I'd be able to use them.

I keep thinking about ideas for art journalling but I don't seem to have pages that are ready to be journalled on which is a right pain. I seem to get to the collaging/doodling part and draw a blank. How do you create your journals? I could really do with seeing some more 'step by step' pages to see inside other peoples minds. A few more minutes in the day would be helpful too but I doubt anyone can help me with that!
    Lou

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Can't help you with the time thing Lou, sorry. I tend to sit and paint up a few backgrounds then when I get chance cut out some pictures I like, or borders from scrapbook papers or whatever. More often than not I'll add collage to the page is then ready to journal on when inspiratiion strikes.

If I get chance the end of the week I'd be happy to "create a page" on my blog if it helps?

And completely loopy with it! LouP's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Yes please biskit. I think I'd find that helpful. I think that half of my problem is that I don't have a dedicated space to work so my craft stuff is in one of several places and I'm working on the dining table. With kiddies around, I'm careful as to what I leave out plus we use the table a lot too. I therefore, never have everything I need to hand to use when I get 2 minutes to myself. Most of my time is taken up getting stuff out and putting it away again!
    Lou

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    Ruth, I should not have vistied that blog. After watching the video I now need some utee I had it before/used it ebfore then I sold all my craft materials. Maybe in a few months. I really want to be a 'simple' AJ'er with limited supplies. Seeing evryone work/creations isn't helping
    Debbie, I can't help sadly. Maybe I should attach them here ohh I hope you get a chance to play soon. Nothing like getting a new toy/medium and not being able to get messy
    Chris, more beautiful ledgers there. I can certainly see them becoming amazing background pages. Imagine just using a wash on them and having the writing showing though... Ok I will stop drooling now I have found some beautiful stuff over the years but nothing dating back as far as the 1900
    Lou, I can't help really I am affraid, I am just a 'go with it' girl. I also can't prep pages in advance. I tried it after seing Roise's/Vicki efforts but I just can't. It was hard enough doing just the one set for the swap. Maybe I can do like Vicki has suggested and do a photo step by step of my page. I would suggest looking on youtube, I am a fan of Anna, Leslie and of course Paula. Many of those show you a page while they are crateing it.

No art journaling for me today, but I have made a few quilled pieces, now can I get them into my journal? We shall see

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Yes please biskit. I think I'd find that helpful. I think that half of my problem is that I don't have a dedicated space to work so my craft stuff is in one of several places and I'm working on the dining table. With kiddies around, I'm careful as to what I leave out plus we use the table a lot too. I therefore, never have everything I need to hand to use when I get 2 minutes to myself. Most of my time is taken up getting stuff out and putting it away again!
    Ahh I see your proplem here Can you not challenge yourself? Grab 10 items ie paint/pencils/paper/magazine etc and just use those in your journal for one page. This then takes away the feeling of being overwhelmed with choice and also thinking somethings 'missing'.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I do backgrounds in advance and then just use the one that fits what I want to write about. I am building a collection of pictures I might use at some stage - if I've added a picture to a background it's because I've some idea what I'm going to write.

But if you are struggling to start journalling why not find s poem or quote to use

I'm just trying to catch up - logged in from Canada. I'm staying with my brother (well he's not here now as he got married yesterday). I have my journal here and have done some new pages.

A woman should hang onto her youth, but not whilst he's driving juliwan's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Quote Originally Posted by biskit View Post
    If I get chance the end of the week I'd be happy to "create a page" on my blog if it helps?
    Yes please

I really struggle with backgrounds - I often have an idea how i want it to look but it somehow doesnt quite work out.

Chris G would you be willing to share the location of this mill of yours with those fab ledgers? One would last forever

Can I ask what do you tend to favour for your backgrounds? Craft paints, distressed inks, watercolours or 'proper' artist paints?

any tips gratefully received

Dedicated Scrapper rainbow_poppy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (23)
    I am drooling over the ledgers too lol. I bought a book from a car boot sale for £1 and I just can't use it because it is too beautiful. It is aristotles works, the cover is embossed and I just keep looking at it lol.

Juliwan, have you looked at Milliande, here Short videos with lots of ideas for building up pages.

Must be really hard getting things out and putting away. Would it be possible to get one of those pop up ikea type bags and put a selection of things you might use so they would be ready for some art journalling?

I am just wondering if there is a similar mill in Bristol, if anyone has heard of one would be really grateful.

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    This thread has been automatically closed.

You will find the new thread created by clicking HERE.

+ Post New Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617