Sept19 _ Friday 5 _ 6th

by new2this

medieval

by Maria in France

Sept colour challenge

by sharon1973

Friday 5 - 30th Aug

by sharon1973

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Altered Art > Art Journals

Notices

ATDML banner

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)

Art journals anybody?

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 250 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was....

I'm just getting into this and am already completely HOOKED (my first effort is on my blog here . My inspiration was Kate Crane from The Kathryn Wheel, but I'd love to be in touch with other people exploring this too - am thinking of booking on a workshop in October run by Artist Trading Post. I also understand there's a magazine - is it from Stampington - and would be keen to buy a couple of back issues, just to see if I like it.

And most of all - tell me MORE, ie where to find inspiration, techniques, etc etc. Please share your bookmarks! Did I mention that I'm already addicted??
    Please feel free to carry on......

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Ooh , look at that we went and rolled... LOL.

Love the pinky orange pages you've prep's Claudine. I'm finding myself drawn to those colours more and more but I would never in a million years scrap with them. Pink is making quite a feature as well in my journals while I'm doing backgrounds.... I've just sprayed some hot pink circles on a page, again a colour I would never imagine using, in fact i'd go as far as to say i hate it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    thanks for those pages with just the paint applied claudia. I am going to scout around for what I can find to apply paint with. My paint looks so childish I need to work on it!

I also love that trapped page . you are all an inspirationf for me.
    my blog
    Christmas stocking swap 2012

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Katie, My first efforts at painting were very basic, and I didn't feel confident either, but it did improve quite quickly and now I really like it.

It does take more practice than other techniques though, and annoyingly it's really easy to suddenly ruin something which was looking quite good up till then!

Vicki - I love pink! I used to hate it but I gradually started liking it more and more over a period of about ten years, and now I adore it (in moderation!)
    Last edited by Miss Lemon; 20-08-2010 at 04:23 PM.
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

View Gallery

I have to say I love the people on this thread - you are all so helpful and lovely.
    my blog

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    I've just finished a page which I almost ripped out of the book, I really wasn't sure if I liked it. I'm still not sure but it does at least say something I wanted to record, so am leaving it for now anyway. I'm loving the process of just preparing pages for later use - sometimes the colours I choose seem to suggest the subject too. I think what I like best is starting off with a blank page but knowing what I want to say - that's when the colours and materials suggest themselves, but it doesn't often seem to work like that!

View Gallery

Guess how has multi coloured hands this afternoon..... They are lime, postbox red, pomegranite, peridot, sky blue, and hot pink I look a right state and we're off down to Londinium for the weekend in the morning. I'm thinking DH may not be too impressed walking round with my hands that colour. He may make me wear gloves! Just depesperate to get some pages ready to doodle on while we are there. Is that sad?

Katie - the thing is if we all share how we do stuff we can all have a go at what takes our fancy and when it comes to spending the pennies not waste so many of them.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Zullybelle View Post
    I've just finished a page which I almost ripped out of the book, I really wasn't sure if I liked it. I'm still not sure but it does at least say something I wanted to record, so am leaving it for now anyway. I'm loving the process of just preparing pages for later use - sometimes the colours I choose seem to suggest the subject too. I think what I like best is starting off with a blank page but knowing what I want to say - that's when the colours and materials suggest themselves, but it doesn't often seem to work like that!
    I find that with teh colours. I've prepared about half a dozen pages this afternoon. When I did the AFTH weekend the most useful thing to me though was when we talked about colours and how they make us feel/what they make us think of. I have a ranty page in my head and have a red page all ready to go for it now. It's helping my pages work a little better for me as they are being used for things i want to say, if that makes sense.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (43)
    Love you Feeling Trapped page Claudia, can so relate to that!

Vicki, was the company J******Craft? (realise they are not a sponsor!) - if so I used them for a few bits and had super quick delivery, very impressive.
    Tracy
    Scrap Pack

BeStitched Fabric CJ

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    Thanks for the welcome's everyone, its nice to be around like minded crafters again after so long

Claudia, your pages are truely beautiful, the paint ones are amaziong. I can but dream of the finished pages, I bet they are out of this world.

Well as asked last night here are my first three pages in my art journal. They are not anything special but they are me and I love them, well appart from the first one

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by mumof4girls View Post
    Love you Feeling Trapped page Claudia, can so relate to that!

Vicki, was the company J******Craft? (realise they are not a sponsor!) - if so I used them for a few bits and had super quick delivery, very impressive.
    Yep, that was the one.

View Gallery

hi all

Have left a comment on your blog Natasha.

Went to asda and I picked up some baby wipes - I have watercolour paints in tubes - should I add water to them before using the baby wipe to apply?
    my blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    HI all
    Just enjoyed catching up on the chat. off to look at the blogs in a sec.
    I just have a question, though not entirely related to art journals. I've signed up for a mail art swap and don't know what Im doing yet. Will be stamping but don't know if I'll do a background. What Im wondering is, should I gesso the envelopes first, do you think? Dont want them to be too heavy, theyre going to USA and KualaLumpur. Any advice will be gladly received.
    Thanks
    x

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zullybelle View Post
    Rosie - Good idea to just leave it for now and decide later. You can always bin it later and start again afresh with the same idea if you feel like it.

BTW Rosie, I love your blogs more and more every time I visit! Your cards are lovely, and on the other one I'm not really one for reading long blog posts, but your little bits of writing are nice and compact so I enjoy reading about what you've been up to, and I enjoy having a look at your workspace. It's so pretty and tidy and organised!

Mine is complete chaos in comparison! Very utilitarian - mismatched lamps, pots of paintbrushes everywhere, scrunched up bits of kitchen roll, and paint splashes accidentally up the wall behind my paintbrushes! Not pretty!

What's everyone else's workspace like? Got any photos to show us? (Sorry - I'm terribly nosy, and I'm not even polite enough to pretend I'm not!)
    Last edited by Miss Lemon; 20-08-2010 at 09:59 PM.
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

View Gallery

LOL - your space sounds as chaotic as mine! I do envy Rosies but I know I could never be that tidy, it just doesn't come naturally to me...LOL.

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast