Chain-link 1 Tickled Pink

by MiniOwner

Sept House Challenge Bubble Fun

by MiniOwner

ABC I is for indigo

by MiniOwner

Sept week 3

by elainevking

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Inspiration and Challenges > Older Classes,Challenges & CyberCrops > Document: 2010

Notices

ATDML banner

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (73)

How do you " record" your journaling for the month

I'm planning to make a start on this, this month and have a question (sorry if this has been asked before)

How do you " record" your journaling for the month ahead of producing your monthly project?

Do you use a journal or blog or have you found a better method through trial and error?

Thanks
    Kathy

My blog- - updated 23 March 2016

Dedicated Scrapper kathyisshopping's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathyb View Post
    I'm planning to make a start on this, this month and have a question (sorry if this has been asked before)

How do you " record" your journaling for the month ahead of producing your monthly project?

Do you use a journal or blog or have you found a better method through trial and error?

Thanks
    I've got a note pad, when the news comes on I usually jot down the headlines as they are announced. At the end of the month I just pick out the headlines of the headlines IYKWIM.:lol

http://kathyisshopping.blogspot.com/

I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I look at the photos I've managed to take during the month - that starts one train of thought. I look at the family calendar to see what appointments we had - that sparks another few ideas (and I try to make sure that things are added there even if it's after they've happened e.g. a last minute trip to the cinema, an unexpected visitor). Finally I have a think about each member of the family and make sure that I've included something about each person. Not perfect by any means, but it's worked so far. I'm doing Project 12 rather than Document 2010 though.
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄
    SLYMI: 47/52....My blog

Dedicated Scrapper Gingerscraps's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I'm another who takes inspiration from the photos. I open a file for each month on my laptop and download the photos for each month whenever I have time. I am now taking more photos and take the camera with me everywhere so if I haven't done much of interest that month I can take random photos of daily stuff. I work in a primary school so I may take photos of an art project we have done or maybe a work college or desk. I also take photos of the scrap or craft projects I have made. I always seem to have a weather related photo as well, maybe of the sky or snowy fields etc.

So at the end of the month my photos are a prompt for me. Document 2010 is of my life and daily events so I don't include news headlines etc, but that's just what I have decided to do.

loving life and capturing it as I go hannahk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I have a journal notebook which I write in at least once a week with the thoughts that have been on my mind ~ things I've observed in my life, things that are grabbing my attention, plus things I've been up to.

I also use photos as a prompt, I have a camera to hand most of the time and sometimes it is easier to take a quick picture of something than write in my journal ~ I may not use the photo but it is a visual jog of what I wanted to say. Like gingerscraps I have a photo file for each month so I can merge camera and phone pictures together. I do create a folder within a month folder if there is a specific event that has been recorded ~ eg day out or birthday.

For 'news' I clip out odd headlines or articles through the month from newspapers and the Waitrose weekly paper, and drop them in the collection envelope. I have tried to focus on just major events that have impacted my own life or I feel strongly about; and funny quirkly articles that are so British.

Often some of the bits and pieces I have added to the collection envelope act as a prompt ~ receipts and parking tickets are especially good for remembering unplanned and last minute everyday things.

As a final filler, I check my diary, email and text messages to see what else I can add in.

Phew ~ now I look at this list, it is a lot of stuff to record. :LOL:
    Hannah

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I keep a daily journal anyway and lift stuff from this. You'd be surprised at how much of the "small" stuff we forget.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    I use notepad normally, if I see something I want to remember from a website I try and take a screen copy and keep that to remind me at the end of the month - for June I had screen print of the world cup for example from the bbc website, and for the weather on a hot day. Just keep bits in a file on my desktop named for that month.

I don't tend to journal just write words or a few reminders

And completely loopy with it! LouP's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerscraps View Post
    I'm another who takes inspiration from the photos. I open a file for each month on my laptop and download the photos for each month whenever I have time. I am now taking more photos and take the camera with me everywhere so if I haven't done much of interest that month I can take random photos of daily stuff. I work in a primary school so I may take photos of an art project we have done or maybe a work college or desk. I also take photos of the scrap or craft projects I have made. I always seem to have a weather related photo as well, maybe of the sky or snowy fields etc.

So at the end of the month my photos are a prompt for me. Document 2010 is of my life and daily events so I don't include news headlines etc, but that's just what I have decided to do.
    I'm the same. I didn't mean for it to become just a diary of what our family has done but it's kinda worked out that way!
    Lou

+ Post New Thread