August week 2

by sharon1973

Friday 5 - 9th Aug

by sharon1973

Friday 5 - Aug 2nd

by sharon1973

Happy families

by scrapdolly

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Altered Art > Art Journals

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - beanpole's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Am also just dipping a toe or two into the art journalling water... looks so Me. Great links and blogs, loads of ideas and lovely stuff - thanks for all your inspiration. Am just working on a fabric collage at the mo, which needs to be finished by october. still planning it rather than actually playing with it still, but a lot of the ink techniques seem to work well with fabric.

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Had a thought this morning.... for the last two years I've done Shimelle's journal your christmas and never quite finished it. I'm thinking art journal your christmas, or am I looking for an excuse to create another journal? LOL

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by beanpole View Post
    Am also just dipping a toe or two into the art journalling water... looks so Me. Great links and blogs, loads of ideas and lovely stuff - thanks for all your inspiration. Am just working on a fabric collage at the mo, which needs to be finished by october. still planning it rather than actually playing with it still, but a lot of the ink techniques seem to work well with fabric.
    Ooh, I *love* the sound of the fabric collage - do you mean stitched, or glued onto a canvas? And ink techniques? It all sounds amazing - please finish it and show us!!

I have a real burning desire to use fabric more but I feel out of my depth because I don't have any sewing skills. I bought a sewing machine but it was so flipping complicated setting it up and getting the thread on the bobbin and then threading the thing, in the end it was all too much for me. It's been sitting in a cupboard for months. I really must get it out again because I love the idea of quilted/embroidered book covers.

ChrisG - that cash journal sounds amazing! Are you working on it today?

I've got some proper time today so I'm just about to put some music on and get cracking on some doodly summery pages.
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

I only scrap on days that end in Y barbaraj's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by biskit View Post
    Had a thought this morning.... for the last two years I've done Shimelle's journal your christmas and never quite finished it. I'm thinking art journal your christmas, or am I looking for an excuse to create another journal? LOL
    I have been doing Shimelle's "Learn something new" every September since it's inception and was also thinking of doing it as an art journal this year. Having the prompts will help with the daily page idea.
    Barbara

View Gallery

Only finished one page in five hours, but that's not bad for me! It's a yummy cupcake page, to go with my 'Cup of Tea' page!

http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...ictureid=22893

Might stop now because working on that has made me hungry!
    Claudia

My gorgeous grandsons (love 'em to bits :) ) chrisG's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (39)
    Hi Vicki
    If you have a look at the link below it will take you to the christmas Journal of D'blogala (Dawn DeVries Sokol) which I posted a link to previously
    http://dawndsokol.squarespace.com/bl.../december-2006

Her christmas journal is an article in the current Journaling mag from Somerset Studios (but more pics of it on the web site than in the mag). I've done Shimelles class in past and I've never finished either so I was also thinking doing it art journal style this year - can have bulk of the pages prepped and ready to go long before 1st Dec.

Claudia - loving the cupcakes - your lettering is beautiful - Will post some pics of my ledger towards end of week

Beanpole - welcome - I would also love to see your finished fabric collage -I would love to do a fabric/canvas journal but just not enough hours in the day.

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    Oooh now that's an idea - I've done Shimelle's Christmas one too (although I blush to tell you I finished mine). Love the idea of doing it art journal style, complete with pre-prepped pages. Wish I'd been on that AFTH course, am still struggling with ideas for backgrounds but working on it. Got some of those Caran d'ache water soluble wax crayons today - now they're a BLAST, and my black gel pen writes over it no problem, even if my white one doesn't like the surface.

PS Should we turn this thread into a social group or something? Then it can be a regular place to chat about journal stuff?

View Gallery

mmmmm...cupcakes... now I'm hungry! Lovely page Claudia.

Thanks for the link Chris - I must have missed that on. I've got tons of scraps of left over papers from the last two years that I could use for borders and what not, and I like to do something different to the previous year. Wasn't sure I was even going to bother with it this year, but now I have discovered this that may well all change, especially if I just do quick backgrounds.

Rosie - I did beginners art journaling and you do very very basic backgrounds on that. The most useful part for me was a conversation about colours and things that you associate with them so that you can make your pages gell to the subject you've journalled about. She goes into more if you do the second one, which I think are just about booked up for this year - Gill can you remember what she said? I think your pages are fabulous and I adore the elements you have drawn.

There is an SG already, but it seems seldomn used, much more chatty in here. I always forget to look at SG's as they don't jump out on the UserCP (or is that just me?)

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Zullybelle View Post
    Oooh now that's an idea - I've done Shimelle's Christmas one too (although I blush to tell you I finished mine). Love the idea of doing it art journal style, complete with pre-prepped pages. Wish I'd been on that AFTH course, am still struggling with ideas for backgrounds but working on it. Got some of those Caran d'ache water soluble wax crayons today - now they're a BLAST, and my black gel pen writes over it no problem, even if my white one doesn't like the surface.

PS Should we turn this thread into a social group or something? Then it can be a regular place to chat about journal stuff?
    Those Caran D'ache water soluble crayons are really good, aren't they?! I stayed away from them for ages because I don't like anything smudgy/messy, but they are great for big scribbly blended colourful loveliness!

There is an Art Journalling Social Group but it's pretty dead. The main chatty bit went to sleep after they changed the layout so the photos were no longer with the chat. My last post there was over a year ago!

I'd certainly be up for trying to resurrect the Socail Group but it might be better just to keep this thread going (because it's easier to get to).

What does everyone else thinK?
    Claudia

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Ah - Gill, hello!! I have made a huge shopping list this afternoon which may take me a couple of months...or so. I've only got the images I came away with at the moment. I did pop into a charity shop today but came away miffed because they didn't have anything.
    Have to confess I did order some things - the paints I couldn't get at the weekend and a journal and a couple of books. Just waiting for everything to arrive now.

I also went to a charity shop and the Works and didn't find anything.

Think I'll make a start next week though. I'm staying at my daughter's house while she's on holiday to look after my 3 year old grandson. I'll have no chance to do anything during the day, but he goes to bed at 7pm

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by meggie View Post
    Have to confess I did order some things - the paints I couldn't get at the weekend and a journal and a couple of books. Just waiting for everything to arrive now.

Think I'll make a start next week though. I'm staying at my daughter's house while she's on holiday to look after my 3 year old grandson. I'll have no chance to do anything during the day, but he goes to bed at 7pm
    Art supplies and art books are such a lovely treat, aren't they?!

I need a new Zig Writer and some watercolour paper, but I'm worried about going to my *lovely* favourite art shop because I always get carried away and I'm so skint at the moment! They do the full range of Caran D'ache and Inktense pencils/crayons etc, all loose (all the zillions of interesting colours which don't come in the basic tins), so I buy a couple each time to add to my collections. They have loads of gorgeous paper too, and Golden paints, and printing stuff, and..... NO! I must resist the temptation!
    Claudia

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (47)
    ok dense question, how do you use Caran D'ache water soluble crayons ? and where is the best place to get some?
    ALLY allys blog
    The Story Book CJ

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Just to stick my nose in.... the social group, as everyone said, has died. As have many social groups. There are too many problems with the format. Also, if you keep it here, new people (new to Art Journaling anyway) can find it. How many of you went to the social groups and looked up 'art journaling'? I rest my case.

I'm really enjoying this thread and love the photos on here, your blogs, etc. Keep it up, please, and don't bury it all in a social group....please, please.

View Gallery

I haven't tried the caran d'ache. Are they nice and creamy to use?

I do however have the full set of inktense (with a few duplicates) I got mine from a discount art supply store. I love them sooo much. I have a few (21 - i checked today so I think one must have gone for a walk somewhere) derwent watercolour pencils as well which I've had for donkeys years.

I'm all for keeping this as a thread rather than the SG.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by meggie View Post

I've ordered a couple of paints today. I have a purple page in my head but I can't mix a strong enough colour with what I have, but that's only a couple of pots. The books I ordered from Amazon on Monday afternoon arrived this morning as well.

+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast