lOVE ON THE QUAY - COLOUR CHALLENGE

by scrapdolly

July19 _ ABC _ Juggling

by new2this

one of a kind

by Maggie B

Oh My Paws and Whiskers

by Mary Buttons

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Altered Art > Art Journals

Notices

Charmed Cards & Crafts banner

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper GuernseyGirl's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I'm at work at the moment so can't access most of those links......bah humbugs...anyone would think I was here to do work

But I've got a book perfect for doing this sort of thing and have been thinking about it for some time! Must have a go!!! Thanks for posting the links - can't wait to get home and look at them now!
    Naomi

My Blog

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I started having a look at those links yesterday - wow.

There's so much fantastic art journalling going on out there, but I ended up feeling a bit overwhelmed. My brain just couldn't process so much inspiration, so many ideas, and also the feeling of inadequacy about my own stuff! I think I had a sort of burn-out!
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    Aw don't feel like that Claudia - not all styles and techniques are for everyone, and we each have to find our own way of journalling. Maybe you'll find someone whose work inspires you, like I did, and maybe you'll just sort of collate all kinds of influences? One thing is for sure - there's no right or wrong way to go about it!!

My gorgeous grandsons (love 'em to bits :) ) chrisG's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (39)
    OK - everybody just stand back while I slap Claudia (in the nicest possible way of course). - Don't even think of the word inadequate missy - you ooze talent.

There are some things that we must be clear about as a crafter.
    1. We are our own worst critic - it's true, beleive me - block the critic out of the mind, don't entertain it.

2. If we all produced the same/similar work - how boring would that be? - we are all unique and what we produce is unique and a representative of ourselves - do you want to be a known replica or a unique individual?

3. For every one of the 'well known' scrapbookers/journalists there are probably 10/100 equally as talented but not as well known artists.

4. Like Rosie said use others' work for inspiration - For my daily journal my inspiration was Judy Wise - I love her journals and her style, but try as I might I could never produce a page like she does never in a million years.

On a personal basis I create for me. I enjoy the process. If i'm not happy with the way a page is developing, slap some more gesso down and start again. (you wouldnt believe how many pages started off as something completely different!) I enjoy the time spent creating. I couldn't give a hoot who likes and who doesn''t like my work - it makes me happy and thats all that matters. I work damn hard and this is my release valve at the end of the day and I love it. So long as you enjoy what your doing and you enjoy what your create thats all that matters.

Burn out? Nah it wont be that, it's just new creative ideas that will manifest into unique journaled pages :-) - Keep creating Claudia hun, you're doing a stirling job. (BTW - LOVE your street style page)
    Last edited by chrisG; 20-07-2010 at 06:59 PM.

Unable to read a book without altering it.. Miss Lemon's Avatar
    View Gallery

It was weird because actually I've been at it a while and I'm well past the stage of being heavily influenced by others.

I think it was just the overload factor of so many nice blogs - my eyes and brain positively ached from trying to look at everything!!

When I first started art journalling and altering books there were a few of the original big names around like Teesha Moore etc, but there wasn't that much else to look at.

I haven't really kept up since then with what other people are doing, but obviously over the last 1-2 years it seems to have exploded in popularity!
    Claudia

I have 2 blogs now: one for Arty Stuff... and one just for Cards

View Gallery

(oops seems we posted almost simultaniously) YAY - see Claudia your a trendsetter not a fashion follower LOL

Obsessive maker of arty stuff Zullybelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    I just posted on my blog pictures of a collage sheet I've been putting together, and would really appreciate any feedback from other art journallers. I made it for me really, but it would be nice to know if these might be something other people would use, because I freaking LOVED doing it!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zullybelle View Post
    I just posted on my blog pictures of a collage sheet I've been putting together, and would really appreciate any feedback from other art journallers. I made it for me really, but it would be nice to know if these might be something other people would use, because I freaking LOVED doing it!!
    I posted a comment on your blog -- I love that collage sheet!

Senior moments? I thought they came in MONTHS!!! new2this's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (123)
    I have posted on the blog too ... LURVE the collage .. please find a way to reproduce it, Rosie ... I shall be among the first to snap it up!!!!

I am usually very "controlled" in what I do , I find it very hard to "let go" and just play, so something as good as your sheet which also allows for creative input is a great help. Thanks for wanting to share.
    Frances. My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)

collage sheet

would love to snap one up too please - will keep stalking your blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Hello all, it's been a looooong while since I posted. I have been very much lacking in any creative effort lately but really want to start again - specifically I want to start an art journal. But as I've been out of the loop for a while I'm a little unsure where to start!

Can anyone suggest the best sort of journal to use? ie. spiral bound or sewn? And what sort of size book has everyone been using?

I'm so excited, those links have really inspired me!

View Gallery

Hi Tinkerbell

It's really all down to personal preferance - but I would start off small and see how it goes - i guess it's easier to fill a small page and fill it out with a couple of doodles rather than try and fill and A4 size - my first 'play' journal was a small pink pig journal approx 4x6 - Some of the sponsers have specific 'journal' areas on their sites with journals of different sizes.

One thing I would say about journals though - I have bought one in past that was spiral bound but had perforated pages which promptly fell apart if I overloaded the wet mediums i.e. gesso, then paint, then spray inks etc so now i double check that any new journal doesn't have perferated pages.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    Thanks Chris, I'll bear that in mind! I'm off to look now - need some new paints too!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (36)
    Hi Rosie,

Like lots of others on here I too am playing around with art journals and loving it. Still finding my feet with journalling and being out of my comfort zone. I recently signed up for the Dina Wakely graffitti course. i have been working through this and this has helped me a lot with background techniques etc.

everyone for the links to look at. I will look on You Tube for the writing ideas too.

View Gallery

** pops head shyly around the door **

I took part in my first art journalling workshop yesterday ... I think this may be my first finished page ... but I am struggling with when to stop ... I keep looking and thinking about adding more ... any advice very very welcome!

[ATTACH]Journal2.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast