Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: blog-a-thon?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)

blog-a-thon?

Hi, can someone help me with this, please - I did post a question on the thread but it has gone unnoticed!

I had the idea in my head that the Blog-a-thon worked in the following way: each person who posts, visits the blog of the previous poster and leaves a comment. However, the thread seems to consist simply of people leaving a message about whether or not they have blogged today. I'm not really interested in doing this, so if I've got it wrong then I'd be most grateful if some kind soul could put me right!

Thank you!

As happy as a pig in muck!! jo.bee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (87)
    I think that was how it started although I haven't been on there in a long long time.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    The blog-a-thon post is just fro people to alert others that they have posted. So far as I know there is no formal requirement to visit any blog, although if you post with a bit of info about what you have blogged (ie not just "I blogged" but "I blogged a card using the alcohol ink monoprint technique") then you have a better chance it will appeal and people wil visit!

I'm a rather latecomer to the blogging thread o if that was a requirement at ome point I never saw it Maybe one of the earlier bloggers will comment on this and clue us all in!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Yeah, i don't post tons on it, but had no idea that any such rule existed - if it does.

I just like it as a place to see who has updated their blogs recently. I post when i have blogged and then look at other people's blog entries that day. Sometimes i don't blog, but i still go on that thread to have a look at who has.

I only make a comment if i can thinking of something to say, otherwise it's just forced. Sometimes i read without commenting, as i'm sure people do on mine too.
    Sarah.
    My Blog

DD is 2.5 years old & DS is 9 months.
    "Here mojo mojo mojo!!!"

Dedicated Scrapper YorkshireLass's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Same here, if I blog (which is rarely) I pop a quick post on blog-a-thon, and then will usually have a look at the last few posters to see what other people have been up to. Sometimes I'll go on and have a look without posting anything.

When I'm on other people's blogs I only comment if I'm genuinely interested in the blog and have something to say - like Sarah I sometimes read without commenting, which I'm sure people do on mine
    Jules
    My Blog updated 11.7.15

Lynne
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (79)
    I sometimes leave a comment and sometimes I dont, I didnt realize it was a requirement. Also, I've been "caught out" by blogs that use verification, I leave a comment and dont notice I need to verify (my small computer screen set to big text).

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    hey all i have blogged...also feel free to enter the giveaway on my blog

www.thereadingsofabusymom.blogspot.com

View Gallery

Okay, that's fine, I obviously misunderstood. The way it is is fine for me, I'll just visit some random blogs, lol! Good point about describing posts, tho, MA, I'll do that in future.

(PS, I found this:' I wondered if anyone would be interested in a Blog-A-Thon thread.

Similar to the Praise-a-thon, you visit the previous posters craft blog and leave a comment (or two depending on what you want to do), if its not in your siggy strip, please post the link (it would be difficult to visit if not )

Anyone fancy it?

Blog on'

...which must be what I read originally. However, I didn't read any further so I expect there were changes to this original idea which made the blog-a-thon what it is now. A little piece of history, lol!)
    Last edited by Nerlly; 01-07-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I think - or thought that you were thinking of the praise-a-thon. The blog-a-thon has always been (I understand) just to put your blog posts and alert people to it - I do go and comment on others - not necessarily the person before ? Am I doing it wrong?

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopstampin View Post
    I think - or thought that you were thinking of the praise-a-thon. The blog-a-thon has always been (I understand) just to put your blog posts and alert people to it - I do go and comment on others - not necessarily the person before ? Am I doing it wrong?
    No, I'm the one who's got it wrong, lol! Apparently, in the beginning (!) the blog-a-thon was meant to be the same as the praise-a-thon (which incidentally sounds like a nice idea), but now it's a bit less pernickety and you can just dip in and select blogs to visit at random. Which is what I've been doing, and very enjoyable it is too!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I normally have a browse around the recent posts and hop about - depends how much time I have! I generally find though that when you leave a comment on someone elses blog they often pop in and look at yours.... It is nice to be able to look and be inspired by all those creative people out there

So my alert - just blogged my LO for the weekly challenge - colourful and summery...using my new October Afternoon papers which I love!

Veni, Vidi,Visa.... I came, I saw, I shopped :D ScrappyDandyDoo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Blogged my Bubbly Scrumptious DT piece

I need to catch up on my blopping!!!!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I often post on the Blog-a-thon. I ALWAYS visit other blogs and leave comments if I post to say I have updated my own.
    My blog updated regularly