Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: scrapping boys

He can find me in the moonlight anytime Mollymoo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)

scrapping boys

it seems to me there are papers for when they are 5 and into trains and bob the builder and toy cars and then there are paper for when they get a bit stinky and leave mugs under their beds to fester for several week (all in the name of science and what can I grow?)

why cant I find papers that suit the 8-10 age range?

Dedicated Scrapper - Tier One Sponsor - Country View Crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    We have DCWV All About Boys stack and the Smirk For Him they may be of some help. http://www.countryviewcrafts.co.uk/papers-9-c.asp

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Just had a quick look through my LOs and have found ones of my boys at that age where I've used: spots and stripes (some Pink Paislee and Doodlebug by the looks of it); Mr Campy (not for a camping page, lol); some BG with a swirly pattern on it; more spots; birds and birdhouses; 3 Bugs in a Rug Maverick, I think it's called; and there are flowery ones in there, too!

Quick trawl through some suppliers' websites - I would be happy to use Little Yellow Bicycle's Traveller collection, almost anything that's not deliberately girlie from My Minds Eye, and loads of the Basic Grey designs including Green at Heart, Kyoshi and Sugar Rush. Avoiding the pink and very flowery ones, of course! Archaic, Boxer, Recess, Ambrosia, if you can track them down, are also brilliant boy ones.

Depends on your style, of course, but I've never had a problem finding papers for boy pages - only finding enough photos for all the 'little boy' papers I seem to have, lol!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    Ive looked at mine and also tend to use geometrics, stripes and primary colours

I agree though...lots of toddler stuff out there but what about the big boys

Trust me....I'm full of scrap! Lorraine's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    LOLs! I know that feeling - my son is 8
    I am using Fancy Pants "Like Father, Like Son" amongst others.
    Have a look in our "Boys Rule" page.
    HTH!

I am the penguin, Koo koo ka choo __TJ__'s Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    sorry but i just loved your turn of phrase there...
    when they are 5 and into trains and bob the builder and toy cars and then there are paper for when they get a bit stinky and leave mugs under their beds to fester for several week (all in the name of science and what can I grow?)
    tee hee. my ds is 10 and only likes computers but hates windows, do you have any idea how hard it is to find linux themed papers ( and i AM the penguin! LOL)
    I Live in Canada I got three kids, two dogs and "some" hens. 🐓 oh and three goats!!! And I make cheese now. Blessed are the cheesemakers. 🧀🐐🐐🐐🦆🦆
    "Not worse is almost as good as better" Terry Pratchett speaking about altzimers, but it works for Aspergers too.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I must admit I tend to make papers 'work' by adding little bits and pieces that give it that 'boy' feel.

The ones below I have used Sassafras Monstrosity, Cosmo Cricket Joy Ride, Basic Grey Max & Whiskers and Sassafras Cherry Delicious. Downloading, printing and adding little elements from Hybrids is a great way to add those 'boyish' touches.

Don't be afraid to add some pinks or what you may feel are more 'girly' papers as they can work well if the subject of your photos has that twist on it

Lx
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Scrapper Scrappy~Sarah's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I scrap a lot of boys as mine are 4, 11 and 40 so have a peek at my gallery (click on the camera under my avatar) and blog for inspiration.....I have even been know to use pink and flowers on my pages of the boys
    Last edited by Scrappy~Sarah; 02-07-2010 at 10:05 AM.

Sarah

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I have a variety of boys layouts on my blog as i have twin boys (now 12) and also the big kid aka HisLordShip

Loved working with Little Yellow Bicycle papers... they are just so yummy

Need to make some time to photo and post layouts and also create some more
    Erika x
    "Hug them, kiss them and tell them that you love them. Don't miss the chances that life is giving you to spend with people you love. There are no rewinds!" Adam Sandler

My Photobucket My Blog