Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

new printer doesn't like card

hiya wondered if anyone has any ideas how to get my printer to accept card it just pulls it through .ive always used the same make of printer and card and never had a problem i have to feed it through up to six or seven times before it catches and prints ive no problem with paper just card and its getting marks on it hope someone has some ideas i can try
    xx Andrea xx

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It sounds as though the card may be too thick for this printer. Is it a different model to your last one and what thickness is the card? Also have you got the sides of the paper feeder (whatever they're called) positioned properly, not too close but not too far apart either?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Hi I read this tip on another site but I have to say I havent tried it yet myself. The tip was to rub both sides of your card with a tumble dryer sheet. The lady that posted the tip said she does this and her printer will take card no problem and print fine and the card smells lovely after.

As I say havent tried it myself yet cos I keep forgetting to get some tumble dryer sheets.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    It sounds as though the card may be too thick for this printer. Is it a different model to your last one and what thickness is the card? Also have you got the sides of the paper feeder (whatever they're called) positioned properly, not too close but not too far apart either?
    the printer is the same model as my last one which developed a fault and was replaced under its guarantee .i'm doing everything just the same as with the old printer, i can get it to work eventually but i will try the tumble dryer sheets and see if they work
    xx Andrea xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    If you stick the card about 1" down from the top of the ordinary A4 printer paper with repositionable tape, the printer will grab the paper first and then pull through the card with it and print on the card. Just make sure that the adhesive is along the edge of the card at the top so it doesn't curl upwards as it's going through the printer.
    If you need to print on a specific area of the card, print it on the paper first and then hold it up to the light to match where you want it on the card, put the repositionable tape along the top of the card edge and stick it to the paper, making sure you leave enough overlap for the printer to grab the paper first IYKWIM.
    Gwyneth

Blog