Yum

by g61

Cafe Imperial - August Week 3

by g61

Grow with love

by scrapdolly

August week 1

by sharon1973

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Inspiration and Challenges > Older Classes,Challenges & CyberCrops > Document: 2010

Notices

ATDML banner

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    And completely loopy with it! LouP's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by shimelle View Post
    and Kirsty beats me to the thread again!

Right Ladies -- April has started so it's time to get March documented! I'm looking forward to seeing your pages!

Unfortunately the start of April has given me a little something I didn't expect...as you document your year you may find this project gives you a bit of a reality check now and then. The good bit is it that because we have our photos and our envelope of stuff from March and maybe even our journaling cards filled out or some things jotted down, we have everything we need and we can wait until life gives us the chance to get these pages done. Life first, scrapbook second, right? This week has been a little overwhelming and unexpected for me, and it has suddenly taken me away from home too, but I'm going to follow my own rule and Not Stress About Scrapbooking. I'm going to look to the positive and give myself a date with my March pages -- I am going to post them here by the 13th.

If you're feeling a bit overwhelmed yourself,
    remember you don't have any deadlines at all. I'm only giving myself that deadline because I better keep up with my own project! You can feel free to take your time, and if you're feeling a bit stuck you can look at the threads for other months for inspiration, check out the pages that get posted here on this thread or talk us through things here if you're thinking a creative brainstorm could help!

Whether you finish your pages today or not for a while, we'd love for you to share them here!

Thanks so much for starting the thread Kirsty - I'm off to check out your March pages on your blog now!

I'll be back with my pages on the 13th, and I'll drop by to check out your pages whenever I can before then too!

Happy documenting!!
    Just read this back Shimelle and wanted to say that I hope you're ok.
    Lou

Dedicated Scrapper Gingerscraps's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    I love your collaged photos- definitely an idea to lift next month I feel. I like the doodling on the photo edges too. These are lovely pages. Can't wait to see what you do with the collection page. I'm finding that I'm using up old stash too which is fab. I'm also enjoying the fact that I'm scrapping photos I know wouldn't get done if I wasn't doing this project.
    Do you mean the flower ones? Yes, they turned out quite well, usually I don't have enough photo's and have got into a habit of using 3 photo's and 3 journalling postcards per side so as I had a lot of flower ones and liked the previous ones I did of using 3 photo's etc I carried on with the theme.

Love to scrap but need more time!! eClaire's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Heres my March pages:
    eClaire - a scrappy cat and a green button

generally happy, often bewildered Organic Ness's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Here are my March pages. Sorry about the colours - they really aren't that bad!!

Not much to do in March just a very poorly dog getting better and birthdays and anniversaries....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm Scrap Happyand a Green Button

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Loving everyone's pages so far. Is there any way to make eClaire's pages bigger? I can only seem to get a small (thumbnail?) size and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be :-D Struggling to get mine done mainly because I can't make a decision on the "focus" page - have 3 possibilities - think I'm going have to flip a coin or something!!! Jude.x

View Gallery

Here are my pages (I hope they've attached in the right order)
    I haven't done a massive documents page as the items I had looked too messy so instead I've kept them in the envelope that my son put my mothers day card in and I'll add that as a separate page to my album.

This month documents 2 christenings; a family visit; a house re-decoration; a birthday and my love of caramel lattes. Happy days!

I need to add some journalling on the third page and I'm still not happy with pg 1 but hey ho, it's a learning curve.
    Last edited by LouP; 13-04-2010 at 01:11 PM.
    Lou

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    so lovely to see more march pages appearing!!

i've been working on my pages today and am nearly done so hope to post them tomorrow.

re: order of pages and opening and closing pages -- you are certainly welcome to do what works best for you! i am putting the envelope first, then the divided page protector then the feature page last each month. I have a very plain title page (it's in the header image of the PDFs) and I will add a closing page at the end of the year. That's just what works for me and you are welcome to do the same or something different!

Lou -- thank you. i am okay and things will be okay. just going through one of those times when things don't like to be straightforward. lots all at once has that way of making even little things seem big and then we lose track of what is actually most important. (or maybe that is just me!) anyway, i am getting there! thanks so much for your understanding. xoxo

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by shimelle View Post

Lou -- thank you. i am okay and things will be okay. just going through one of those times when things don't like to be straightforward. lots all at once has that way of making even little things seem big and then we lose track of what is actually most important. (or maybe that is just me!) anyway, i am getting there! thanks so much for your understanding. xoxo
    Makes lots of sense. I'm sure things will seem/look different in a few weeks time. (((hugs)))
    Lou

View Gallery

Love your pages Lou, that christening pic is gorgeous.
    Jo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Here are my divided pages for March.

I have done my other two, but I am not showing them just yet as they feature our wedding invites and I want our guests to recieve them first.

View Gallery

Oh dear half way thru April, and I cant decide what to do with March.
    I have the paper to make the envelope in a spring like colour, but I didnt do very much last month so I think I am going to need a lot of padding to fill the pages.
    Make a mental note to self to look thru the photos from last month and get my lazy ass into gear this week and do some scrapping.

Dreaming of very early retirement! YorkshireKaren's Avatar
    View Gallery

Great pages....Lou, fab idea to use your Mothers Day envelope....that's what I've used to store all my bits and bobs for March....just haven't actually scrapped it yet!!

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Loving all your pages ladies

I'm off to a 12 hr crop on saturday so I'm hoping to get my March pages done then, although with all the classes we have planned I'm not sure if I'll get chance to......12 hours just doesn't seem long enough somehow

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

Dedicated Scrapper Gingerscraps's Avatar
    View Gallery

Finished the receipts/envelope page. Couldn't find a large enough envelope in the right colour so made a pocket out of some glimmermisted corrugated card (from the packaging of my mothers day strawberry growing bucket).

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Finally finished the last bit of my March pages and can share them now!

This month for the envelope I used a photo frame die cut and backed it with a printed transparency, then adhered patterned paper behind that but left the top open so I could add things inside and they would show through the transparency. Trouble is, I had three 'extra special' things to put in there -- a theatre ticket and two cards from restaurants we'd been to this month -- and I put them somewhere safe instead of in my little -in-my-handbag- envelope because I worried they would get all creased. And now? I've put them somewhere so safe I can't find them. Ho-hum -- surely they will turn up soon - like when I stop looking for them!

Everything else is pretty straight forward! I mostly used K&Company's 'handmade' collection this month, plus some My Mind's Eye, Cosmo and American Crafts. I was surprised that my pages came out so brown this month as when I made the divided pages they seemed quite bright! Funny the things you discover!

Thanks so much for your patience this month! I already have the 2nd of May marked on my calendar to work on my April pages so that sounds much better for me next time!

Keep those March pages coming -- they are looking lovely!!

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast