Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: Album index?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)

Album index?

Have been on the how many albums thread and wondering how folks find the layout they are looking for. I have over 13 albums roughly categorised but I never seem to be able to find the one I want if I am showing to friends and end up with all the albums open on the floor. Does anyone have a way of recording what is actually in their albums? Am I making sense?
    junie

So many photos, so little time USA2UK's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Hmm, this raises a good point. Maybe you could just have a cheat sheet printed for each album (stuck in the back, perhaps)...

I don't have enough albums for this to be an issue yet

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    Quote Originally Posted by june View Post
    Have been on the how many albums thread and wondering how folks find the layout they are looking for. I have over 13 albums roughly categorised but I never seem to be able to find the one I want if I am showing to friends and end up with all the albums open on the floor. Does anyone have a way of recording what is actually in their albums? Am I making sense?
    junie
    Your making complete sense to me. I do the same as you, start looking for a specific LO and end up spending ages trying to find it, with all the albums open on the table and floor .

I might have to print out a cheat sheet and attach it to the back of each album as suggested. At least that way I can flick through each album in quicker time till I find the LO i am looking for
    I wouldn't change you for the world, but I would happily change the world for you. Nicola Girdlestone(1966-)my flicker
    My scrap blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I have just finished a photography course and the tutor suggested printing out an index sheet each time we uploaded photos as this would make it easier to find the ones we wanted to print.

You could photograph each layout and do an index sheet like this for each album and either keep it in the front or in a separate ringbinder.

Just an idea - HTH.
    Jan
    Project Life

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Liking these ideas and the index sheet one, but I agree whatever system you choose you need a separate ringbinder or some such. If you attach a list to each album you still have to look through them all, whereas with a separate binder of lists you only need to look through one book.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)

index

Liking your idea Jan,that's a project for my next week holiday from work!
    junie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I have lots of albums and to be honest if I'm looking for a layout it's nice to go through them all otherwise they just sit on the shelf