Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (53)

Best paper for stamping

Which paper do you use for stamping? I've heard recommendations for SU paper but I'd rather get hold of something from a shop so I know I can get hold of it easily. (Or otherwise read as 'avoiding the temptation to buy stamps at the same time as paper'!)

I've also seen Bristol Board mentioned, but does anyone know what thickness or what the actual paper is called? Any other suggestions? I'm currently using the back of paper from The Paper Mill but I'd like to know what others use.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I have tried loads of card but the best I find for markers is rymans bright white coated card
    SWAPS:

I would like to be a glow-worm. A glow-worm's never glum. Its hard to be downhearted When the sun shines out your bum.
    www.craftyjoanne.blogspot.com

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I use Mondi IQ green range from Staples, much the same as Rymans but under a different name.

More importantly though you need to use the right ink. I use Momento. StazOn will bleed with promarkers on whatever paper you use.
    Gwyneth

Blog

Don't stand still, I might alter you! ejc's Avatar
    View Gallery

I use Mondi Color copy which i got from staples, it is 160gm and very smooth so good for promarkers.
    Please be patient the kids have taken my marbles here is my blog

Points: Single LO: 1 + WK1 Challenge 30pts + project life pages 2

View Gallery

Thanks all. I'll try and see if I have either of those shops locally. I use Momento at the moment although I am finding that sometimes it blurs on the paper so I tend to prefer Brilliance which I heatset. Perhaps when I get better quality paper the Momento ink will work better.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi Emmak I use Graphics paper from Staples. Thats what a well known TV crafter uses with markersand decoupage. Depends what you want it for.
    There are gloss cards sold for stamp and brayering in A6 and A5 which is wonderful for brayering and stamping.You can emboss it with Adorondic inks as they do not dry immediatly. A bit dearer tho.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Bristol Board is usually 300gsm although I have seen it in 220 gsm and momento dries near enough instantly on it. I love it with copics but it's cheaper to use SU or at a push 160 gsm laser printer paper.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Where do you get Bristol board, and what size is it, please? Is it gloss? I do not mind drying it if I am not embossing. I only use the graphics for decoupage,