Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: i give up

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

i give up

i just give in i am going to call tomorrow to find out if my machine is working as it should as after buying loads of templates and trying to cut them it just wont cut all the way through even after 4 cuts and slowing the speed down. i have no idea what else to try but i am at this monent in time very disapointed with my machine and you may even see it on one of the auctions sites soon

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Oh don't give up on it. I know that I had issues with mine also. It does take a bit of fooling around with...paper type, blade, pressure, speed. But once you have it...it works so well.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by rachelhoare View Post
    i just give in i am going to call tomorrow to find out if my machine is working as it should as after buying loads of templates and trying to cut them it just wont cut all the way through even after 4 cuts and slowing the speed down. i have no idea what else to try but i am at this monent in time very disapointed with my machine and you may even see it on one of the auctions sites soon
    OK Rachelhoare

Lets start at the beginning: What kind of Paper/Card are you trying to cut?

What Cutter have you got?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    A couple of other things you could try, take the blade out and unscrew the cap to see if there are any small bits of paper stuck inside the holder and have a look through a magnifying glass to see if the blade is damaged (chipped) This is Graphtec's number if you still have no joy with what's been suggested 01978666700

View Gallery

right my husband has had a look at the robo for me and wants to know if its supposed to make a screaching noise when it cuts, also he thinks that the cutting mat has lost its stick, so we sprayed some repositional glue on it and hay presto it did cut after 2 cuts but the glue i have used has left a tacky film on my card so what is the best glue to use i have the crafters companian stick and spray, so i have jsut ordered 2 new cutting mats and a new set of blades as im sure this one not got much life left in it as i have been playing with it so much to try and get it to cut first time, now i think it is impossible to cut it the first time, cant wait to try out all the templates on this forum only another 2 weeks till i can lol, i have spent loads on templates so will just us them for now

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Oh dear Rachel what a disappointing experience for you but don't give up just yet. Have a read of Brian's hints and tips on prolonging the life of your blade and carrier sheets - it's in the tutorial section under Robomaster. He talks a lot of sense does Brian!

Getting to know your machine and what it will and won't cut and what speed and pressure for different media is very much a matter of trial and error (more error than trial sometimes!) but once you've got it sussed you can't beat it.
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Rachel You have to look at what card your cutting as robo does not like fiberous card I know you have my templates and I don't cut on fiberous card..

This is trial and error for sometime as you get to know what you can and can't cut
    Tina craft robo

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Oh Rachel, it very disheartening isn't it when we things don't go how we want them to. Hopefully your new blade will make all the difference.

I find black and navy blue card are the worst for being fibrous, think it must be something to do with the dye. Another thing I find is to keep my card in a plastic box as sometimes leaving it out in trays etc can affect it.

Jan

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I'm sure too that dye colour has an effect - it certainly does in needlework! My darker threads, such as the black & navy Jan's mentioned, always felt and handled quite differently to the lighter coloured ones. All dyes are made from different combinations of chemicals so I think these are bound to affect the items that they're used to colour.

Paper and card will react to temperature and humidity, so Jan's suggestion is a good one. Our copier and printer paper at work always included instructions for "correct" storage conditions on the packs to keep the paper stable.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."