Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Testing and Help

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Something strange happening.

For the third time in a month when I have been on here, I've suddenly noticed my search box start writing in sites all on its own. I shut down Safari before it arrives on anywhere and so it has remained on UKS each time. It doesn't happen anywhere else on any other sites and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or is it just me? I've cleared out history, cookies etc... help!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Ooh that’s spooky Susie. I always use my iPad but haven’t noticed that happening.
    Hope someone can help. Sorry I can’t.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Ive not had that Susie but I have had messages coming up saying that windows 10 has been infected and I need to download the 'fix' I close the window down run scans and everything goes back to normal. Again this has only happened on this site.

Chinese whisper LO swap

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Wow, glad I'm not completely alone in this. It has only started within the past month at the most, it could be even in the past couple of weeks and it has now happened as I said three times, when did yours start Sandra?

View Gallery

A couple of weeks ago only happened a couple of times.

Chinese whisper LO swap

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Now that is weird, yours started around the same time as mine and mine happened for the third time yesterday. I keep clearing out history and cookies and then I run Malwarebytes which tells me the computer is free of threats. I even spoken to Apple tech support about it too.

Let's see if anyone else notices this thread who has had a similar problem.

View Gallery

The other day when it happened it went onto another website so could have been doing a search in the address box and I never noticed. I run McAfee which says no threats.

Chinese whisper LO swap

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That's exactly what it is doing with mine, it starts searching and scrolling through other sites as if I'm typing but I'm not. I've always managed to shut down Safari before it can finally land on another site, I have always remained on UKS.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Is the common thread that everyone this has happened to is using Safari? And are you using a Mac product? I read something recently about an iTunes update breaking Safari. No sure if this is related or not, but I do know that UKS currently has a clean bill of health from Google.

Security Issues

Currently, we haven't detected any security issues with your site's content. If you want to learn more about security issues and how they could affect your site, review our resources for hacked sites.

However, if you see a malware warning in the browser when navigating to your site, it's likely that your site is referencing code or content from another domain that has malware.
    meaning, I think, there is a link on UKS to a site that has Malware, and that could be literally ANYTHING from a link to an old sponsor to a photo sharing site to a blog link....

So we need to determine if all the people who are having problems are all doing so because they share something other than UKS. And it seems like Safari has been mentioned in a few posts. But if you can all post what device, browser, and OS you are using that would be helpful for others.

View Gallery

Im using Windows 10 and my browser is Microsofts Edge. sorry MaryAnne blows the Safari theory out.

Chinese whisper LO swap

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Well, in your post you did say maybe you were searching and didn't realize?

The other day when it happened it went onto another website so could have been doing a search in the address box and I never noticed. I run McAfee which says no threats.
    And if McAfee says no threats and Google is not posting a security warning (and has not done in the time this has been happening - last problem was ... summer 2017 maybe?) then I an hard pressed to link it to UKS specifically.

Let's see what others reply and if anyone has it happen again PLEASE grab a quick screen shot to send to me. With so little to go on it is really hard to pinpoint where the problem lies!

View Gallery

Will do MaryAnne.

Chinese whisper LO swap

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Mine is Safari and started a few weeks ago now, I could even probably check and give you the exact date as I rang Apple Tech support at the time. They went through everything and couldn't find a problem. Here's a very odd thing, up until then I wasn't using any anti virus as such but I started using Websafe from Virgin and I'm sure that was when it began but whether it was a coincidence or not I don't know. I mentioned it to Apple Tech and they said it shouldn't be anything to do with that. I keep deleting my history and cookies etc... I always run Malwarebytes and have the latest version but it says the computer is clean. Must check the dates.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

26th November it all started if that helps.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I've had no problem with Opera