Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Cards for printing

I've got a new group of students (16-19 year olds who have failed therir GCSEs) who I'll be starting young enterprise with next week. One problem - they're all boys, so from experience won't want to make hand made cards or jewellery. The only equipment we'll have is computers. As they will also be taking a graphics module, I thought I could take them out on a 'photo shoot' to take photos of local beaches etc. and use these to print birthday cards. What type of card would others use to print on the pcs? I want them to look quite professional but not be expensive to make.

Last year my group made calendars so we can't do that again this year. We've also made photo key rings and mouse mats in the past. Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Rather than buying special printable cards why not buy good quality blank cards, and then mat and mount the photos, which will make them look even 'posher'

I know people like Kodak do printable cards, and I have used them in the past, but probably wouldn't bother now.
    Eileen

You only live once - if you get it right thats all you will ever need! Sparkly-Sammy's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Also if they are going to print and then layer onto a black card - if they print onto standard paper or card then spray some gloss onto it to give it a shiny effect - something like spray and shine - my thinking there is your not then asking them to "pretty" it up - it's a manly spray can?

HTH's

Sam