Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Full time mummy and wife. best job ever gemmasteele's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (51)

old layouts. do you change them

Been going through some of my old albums latly and looking at some of my first layouts. The difference in technique and skill is very much apprent, lol. However its fun to see how my hobby has developed from sticking one photo in the middle of a page and surrounding it with pre-bought embellies, to how it is now. Not the higest skill level I admit but better than it was But got me wondering, do any of you go back and change your layouts as you get better? or do you keep them as they are?
    My blog, all about my life and crafting

Decorated notebook swap, Christmas Card Chinese Whisper Swap

(christmas stocking, 12 days swaps)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (106)
    Never change them - but have done a different LO using the same photo(s)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (68)
    no,I haven't changed them but like Cheryl, I have scrapped a photo more than once
    Take care,
    Nickyx

a Stewarton Scrap Dolly :) hevbell's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I have one photo I want to redo, just as its a favourite family photo and I didn't like what I did with it at all. I wouldn't want the same pic in my album again so I plan to just redo it. But in general I don't mind those older layouts, as you say, its shows how you have improved
    *Heather* ~~ My blog

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    My first layouts are exactly as you describe, photos stuck on a page and surrounded by embellies I do cringe a bit when I look at some of my first efforts but as you say it's a record of how our skills have progressed. I would never go back and re-do them, besides I don't have enough time to scrap the new pics.

I have to say I have learnt more about scrapbooking and techniques from UKS than anywhere else.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I don't rescrap my photos but as I don't scrap chronologically but that is how I store them, I have some newer style scrap pages mixed in with the older style ones (mostly just matte photos on coloured cardstock) and it doesn't seem quite so obviou.

Full time mummy and wife. best job ever gemmasteele's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (51)
    Quote Originally Posted by Modie-may View Post
    I don't rescrap my photos but as I don't scrap chronologically but that is how I store them, I have some newer style scrap pages mixed in with the older style ones (mostly just matte photos on coloured cardstock) and it doesn't seem quite so obviou.
    lol, mine is pretty obvious as I usually scrap cronologically, but found a load of photos recently on dhs phone and scrapped those. so theres a recently done lo in the middle of a few starter ones and it looks SO out of place, lol.
    My blog, all about my life and crafting

Decorated notebook swap, Christmas Card Chinese Whisper Swap

(christmas stocking, 12 days swaps)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    No, never, although I have been known to us the same photo more than once.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    No - I like it as a record of how my abilities/style has changed.

Having said that, one of the first things I ever did was an album of really old family photos as a present. A year on, I re-did the whole album, and only then did I actually give it as a present (so a bit late!).

I think if they're 'important' photos, it might be worth re-doing one or two. But I wouldn't re-do much. Otherwise, in a couple of years time, you might feel you should re-do the things you are doing at the moment. And so on. And you'd never catch up with yourself, you'll still be scrapping the same photos five years on! You're always going to 'evolve' and change the way you do things. That can't be helped.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    No I've never done this because I like to see how I've progressed too. I'm also starting to make a much bigger effort to include more journaling on each LO because I think that even if I decide I don't like the page anymore, I'll still have the story.
    Sian
    my blog

Dedicated Scrapper Voodoo Vixen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I have to admit to the odd cringe when I look back through my early albums but other than using a photo more than once, I leave the originals there... its fun to see how my pages have changed - sometimes not for the better!!
    Annette There are no mistakes in crafting... just opportunities for more embellishments!

Scrap Happens Here Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I reckon in 40 years time, I'd rather see my how my scrapbooking changed then them all reflect my final style and ability. I think the idea of re-scrapping the photos is a great idea for finding a good compromise!

And completely loopy with it! LouP's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I'm the same as the others- I leave them alone and just look at how far i've progressed (then i look on here and see how far I have to go!!!)

The only LO I have ever redone was one DLO for my sons 1st birthday. I'd already done a DLO and was on the next DLO of his party and I realised afterwards that the papers, style etc of the second DLO were completely different and it looked too odd so I did redo it.

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Well I must be rather weird, cos I go through my LO's once every few months and scrap (as in rubbish - throw them away) ones I don't like, onese I think are absolutely rubbish in comparison to my scrapping style now ! I do save the pic's (cos I also use the original photo!) - shock and horror I can hear you all gasp! - Save some embellies and brads and ribbon etc where I can - but DON'T rescrap the photo - except in rare occasions.

I am currently moving house and feel the need to go through my albums again very soon! Don't let me near any of yours

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    [QUOTE=cantstopstampin;5764511]Well I must be rather weird, cos I go through my LO's once every few months and scrap (as in rubbish - throw them away) ones I don't like, onese I think are absolutely rubbish in comparison to my scrapping style now ! I do save the pic's (cos I also use the original photo!) - shock and horror I can hear you all gasp! - Save some embellies and brads and ribbon etc where I can - but DON'T rescrap the photo - except in rare occasions.

QUOTE]

I do this as well but I don't use the original photos if they are heritage ones. As I only do albums for me that run chronologically I can't bear having grotty layouts in there.