Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)

Printing Russian letters ?

Does anyone know how to print Russian letters so that i can make a layout with them -

Plant smiles, grow laughter, harvest love... dancingqueen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    perhaps i'm misunderstanding your question, but do you have a correct font installed? here's a bunch of 'russian look' ones - hopefully one of those might suit then all you'd have to do would be to install it and print what you needed....

Procrastinator
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    If you're on a Windows PC, then you should have Russian already installed on your PC. What you need to do is change your keyboard language to Russian, and then type 'normally'!

This is on a Windows XP PC so sorry if you are on Vista.

To change the input language, go to Control Panel -> Regional and Language options. click on Languages tab -> Details -> Language Bar. Make sure you tick 'Show language bar in tool bar'. You should the see a little EN on the right hand side of your task bar.
    Right Clickon this icon and click on settings. Choose to add Russian as an input language. (click on Add.. and then choose Input language as Russian). It will add another language to your language bar.

Then Open up word, left click on the EN in the taskbar, left click on RU . This is what appeared in my word when I did that - КГЫЫЫШФТ СРФКФСЕУКЫ (RUSSIAN CHARACTERS). Then print as normal.

Hope it helps.

Michelle

PS - this can be done for any language so you can add any of those pesky special characters - like ü ñ ç .
    Last edited by b00kworm22; 28-07-2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: spelling!

Hev, not a complete lunatic, but getting there! Mystery Woman's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (22)
    OOH, this is useful! I sometimes want to print in Greek. I'll give it a try later - thanks.

June points 0 SLO, 0 DLO, 0 Weekly Challenge, 6 Cards = 30 points

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It is really useful. I will try it. Thanks

CARD MAKER AND CR OWNER
    View Gallery

I was just going to suggest the same thing as Bookworm22 - I use it all the time for Greek. I have Greek friends who I email quite often. I also use Google Translate and Babel to check the grammar as well. Though, do be warned they are not always correct because they are machine translators and seem to do it "word by word" rather than the colloquial.