Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Bought my first 2 files today

oh Dear and I think I'm a bit ahead of myself. I so wanted a lattice door type file, and when I got to the Papercutters??? site, I wanted all of them! Must have spent an hour or more trying to make my mind up, and ended up with 2. They look awfully intricate, but tomorrow I will have a go. I think all us newbies want to run before we can walk, I definitely do!

Please prepare yourselves for MORE questions!! hehehe!
    JACQUI Q

Dedicated to Cards and Robo vicki2062's Avatar
    View Gallery

Yes I was like that when I got my Robo, and I still am, I get up in morning and before going to work jump on net and check out this site and then again when I get home. I love to try out new templates put up and cruise the template library. Not much longer and you too will be able to access as well, and then watch out cardstock supply.
    In the meantime enjoy your lattice templates.
    Cheers Aussie Vic

A Butterfly Lives For Just One Day, But Has Time Enough. CelticSkye's Avatar
    View Gallery

Sounds like you are becoming a roboholic Polly

There is no cure either
    *~Skye~*

Please take my credit card away!!!!!! Tosca's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by CelticSkye View Post
    Sounds like you are becoming a roboholic Polly

There is no cure either
    Ditto that.
    LORRAINE

I'm not a complete idiot.......some pieces are missing!

View Gallery

Graphtech should issue a warning when you get your robo... it will take over life as u know it lol
    I NEED everything.

View Gallery

hehehe!!

I think you may well be right.
    I've banned myself from here and Rosie at the moment (ok! I've given in just for 10 minutes!) I have 8 Halloween cards to deliver Thursday, and I can't concentrate because I keep playing or coming on here! I haven't completed one yet!
    Note to myself!! must have more willpower xx
    JACQUI Q

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    THe real running comes when you start designing your own - spend some time examining how those templates that you bought are made - make copies and play around, take them apart to see how they're constructed. Do this every time you find a design or technique you fancy and in conjuction with the tutorials you'll soon be running Robo marathons.

You are so lucky as beginners now - there are all our wonderful tutorials and challenges and sophisticated designs for you to work with. When a lot of us started off there was virtually nothing and it was a matter of working out yourself how to do things - but that's a great way of learning how to stretch yourself and your machine, and I do believe new users should still try to do this.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Rosemary, I wouldn't even know where to start, and to be honest I think I would be hard pushed to design something that's not already in existance. I can't believe that buying this Robolite has opened up a whole new world of cardmaking. I've never seen cards like them, and I'm a veteran (well I'm getting on!!)
    JACQUI Q

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Jacqui you really should look at the tutorials for designing your own templates because it's a wonderful feeling when you design something yourself. You might want to make a card personalised by welding a name down the edge for example and it's quite easy to do if you follow the tutorials. A couple of years ago I wouldn't have dreamt I could do the stuff I do now so it really is worth having a go.

Shirley x

View Gallery

I thought you needed print and cut to do that? Sorry am still only playing really x
    JACQUI Q

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Print and cut is for "decoupaging" imported images - everything else you do is pure and simple cutting (except of course writing but there you're just replacing blade with pen)... So trhere's no excuse now!

Didn'typou say in one post that you'd welded words? Once you've done that you actually know how weld anything to anything else. (In the Robo sense only of course!)

Rpsemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."