Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)

Need advice on digi stamps

i have an inkjet printer,i wanted to know what pens do people use to color in there digi images i have used my pro markers but they make the inkjet in run.
    Would appreciate some advice as some of the digi stamps are lovely.

thanks in advance
    susannah

If i'm not here, i'll be in my craftroom. tracygough's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    Hi Susannah, it could be what your printing onto. I colour my digi images with Promarkers with no problems. I print them onto the same paper i stamp onto, it's from Staples, and i use compatible inks in my printer.

ETA, the paper i get from Staples is Mondi IQ Green Range 160gsm
    Last edited by tracygough; 17-05-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: added name of paper
    Tracy x
    DT member for Passion for Promarkers challenge blog

My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper baby-freckles's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    It could also be the type of printer you are using. I have a deskjet at work, and when I printed some images off there, and coloured using my pro markers, it smudged. But when I use my own Laserjet printer, theres no smudging.

I could be wrong I hope someone else can help you solve your problem xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (29)
    I have the same problem, I use an HP Inkjet Printer, I do use the Staples card though. What kind of printers does everyone use? I can sometimes get it to work if I leave them for days before colouring in though but its a bit hit and miss.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    I think it might be the printer, I know my inkjet (epson) smudges when I try colouring in, and that's with epson's own ink but my DH has a laserjet printer and it doesn't. I remember that DH says that laserjet printer's ink is smudge proof (?) and he specifically bought the laserjet printer for this reason.

"say thankyou with gifts" loopyanna's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I don't colour my own images so don't know on pens etc. I do know though that inkjet ink will normally smudge if it is made wet in any way, sometimes even if it's been left for days.

You can get a fixing spray though which you would spray onto the image after it has printed which will "fix" the ink in place and means that it won't bleed or run once you start colouring - even if you were to use watercolours etc. I'm oretty sure Liz talks about it on the Pink Petticoat Blog, if not try googling fixative spray or something similar.

The only other way would be to print them on a laserjet - which shouldn't run when coloured.

Loopy x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I think it is Ghiant inkjet fixative (matt finish) that is recommended on the PP blog