Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Studio/SVG Templates > Miscellaneous

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Embossing Wallets

This just an experiment and worked ok for me, but I thought It would open the door for more design and Ideas on the craft robo.

Instructions

1. I cut out the template on the robo

2. Then without taking the card off the Carrier sheet I put glue on the cut out pieces (I used quickie glue as this stays sticky)

3. I then Folded the uncut side of the card over in half pressing it down
    to make sure that the pieces stuck to the uncut side....(opposite side of the card) see 1st Picture.

4. I let it dry. then opened, See the second picture that what it will look like.

5. ( To Emboss - Using my Big Shot I Sandwiched Template with an A5 card in the middle and run it through to emboss.

If You don't have a die cut machine to emboss with, you still can emboss by using a light box and an embossing tool.

I hope that I have explained it a little bit better now....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lucille; 19-04-2008 at 06:55 PM.

I'm sure i could use that for something..... frogzone's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

embossing files ..like shape boss

I was trying to catch up on the latest news on the forum the other night when i read a post on embosssin, not sure who started the thread....
    any way i after the reading the post... not all of it i have to admit cos i have been very busy with one thing and another.. anyway i have a shape boss that i bought ages ago and dont really use because there just arnt the templates i want.

so after reading this i though ... doh how daft have i been i could have been churning out exactly what I wanted all this time !!

so thanks whoever sparked off that thread.

The attached file fits my large shape boss, but if you have a smaller one or dont have one you can aleays ajust the file to fit quite eaily or better still get dh to drill you three holes in a 12 x 12 board and off you go....

The shape boss used two identical templates layed on top of each other with your cardstock sandwiched in between.. I have used 2 different thickness of card so i can choose from 2 different depths of embossing.

The files is set up for a double cut as i'm having to use an oldish blade at the mo after my accident the other week and yes my wound has heald nicley thanks, but couldn't get the blood out of my t-shirt !

the small black circles are the positioning holes .. so dont move them if you are using the large shape boss.
    after that the world is your oyster as they say........

sorry no piccy as yet but camera not charged ....as usual!!
    Lis

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Flowers Embossing Folder

after seeing on here how some are making their own folders for the cuttle bug which is great because i can use these folders on the wizard die cut machine, i thought i would have a go at making them for the wizard machine, i thought it turned out pretty good, all i did was make a template in Robo copied it so i had three the same, cut them out, then i layered them together using wilkinson's strong stick glue, i then put through the machine like you would a brass stencil, white cutting mat, tan embossing mat, card stock, template then the white embossing mat, you can make the templates any size as long as your tan embossing mat covers the template .

kate
    Last edited by Lucille; 31-05-2008 at 04:28 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

Swirly Christmas Tree Embossing Folder

Here's the template for the Christmas tree embossing folder I made using Robo and my Cuttlebug. Sorry for the delay posting it today - something major came up so I've only just got back online. Lucille has kindly offered to convert it from DM to RM as I'm very short on time - thanks so much for that.

I used the tutorials 'Creating Swirls' by Joyce and Lucille and the 'Making your own embossing folder' by Cat. Using DM meant making the embossing folder was even easier as some of the steps are simplified.

The yellow tree is the slightly bigger outline so use this side as the base (discard the swirls) and use the green side for the swirls.

Cut out 2 or 3 copies of each, then stick on top of each other at opposite ends of a piece of A4 card. I used tesco metallic card and found power pritt stick worked best.

When it's folded in half the swirls should fit exactly inside the base.

You may need to add more layers of card as shims to make it thick enough to emboss as you want it.

Hope it's of use to you.

converted to GSD by Lucille
    Last edited by Lucille; 25-11-2008 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Add the cutting file that I forgot!!! - I am a bear of very little brain

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Cuttlebug Flower Mask

Hi,

I saw this idea on a blog,

http://ikkiscuttlebugcupboard.blogsp...sing-make.html

and decided that it could be done more easily with a Robo.

Basically you take an area of an embossing folder, cut a mask and make it thick enough to replace one of the B mats. Place over the image on the outside of the folder and emboss as normal.

It's taken a few attempts to get right as the mask needs to be a fraction smaller than the image otherwise you get some shadowing from the areas you don't want.

I cut 8 images from 300gsm card using the double cut technique and glued them together. It wasn't quite enough so I used a piece of card as a shim. To keep the mask in place on the folder simply use a small dab from a glue stick.

Here's the template. Each image has been copied and pasted so it will cut twice.

ErikaP
    Last edited by Lucille; 02-04-2009 at 04:41 PM.