Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Themed Cards > Stash Central

Notices

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    lovin life and scrapping it.
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (36)
    can someone tell me the difference between copic and promarker i use the later but have been impressed by the wide colour range of the copics but are they really that much more expensive.

what are they supposed to retail at per pen

jayne
    xx

Mummy to Two Beautiful, Special Boys, Jack and Sam xx butterbee's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    The copics have a brush end whereas the Pro-markers are a bullet point - they both have a chizzle end - the copics retail for approx 1.99 each.

lovin life and scrapping it.
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (36)
    thanks Sarah my local art shop wants 4.95 per pen

I think not if I can get them for 1.99

I think I may buy a few colours to mix in with the promarkers I have already

jayne
    xx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    there are to diff types of copic markers - the expense ones 4.95 a pen for the professional and the copic ciao which are the same pens but less ink in them and they are 1.99
    **Karen**

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)

Here is an ATC I made using a couple of the new Chasing Butterflies range. Full details are HERE.

Also I am selling my complete set of ProMarkers if anyone is interested....inc the 4 x 24 wallets and a set of AquaMarkers.
    Caz
    x
    My Blogeroo please drop in and say hello

Doing things my own way angeljakki's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsykazza View Post
    there are to diff types of copic markers - the expense ones 4.95 a pen for the professional and the copic ciao which are the same pens but less ink in them and they are 1.99
    Totally correct and you can still refill the copic ciao and thats where you will save money. It is about £4 or £5 for the refills but they last ages. Thats the price for 25ml but you only refill about 2 or 3mls at each refill. The blender is the colours I use the most and the skin tone they are the only refills I have bought in the last yr that I have had mine and they do get used alot.

It is really hard when making your mind up as everyone has their own preference and it is so hard to make the right choice and then learn how to use whatever you choose when it arrives. I can honestly say that the copics for me a love them.

P.s Lovely Atc Caz

Dedicated Scrapper JerseyScraps's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)
    Lovely atc Caz.
    Caz - you have obviously tried both promarkers and copics - why do you prefer the copics? I have about half the collection of promarkers and wondering if I should try the copics before I get any more?

View Gallery

They are very similar. For me the main advantage of the Copics (I have the Ciao's) is that I have 143 colours plus a blender....over 91 ProMarkers.....the extra give you the depth and range in the colours....I find the ProMarkers are more limited in the pink colours....which are one of my fave colours...LOL

I would still recommend them to anyone.....I am just greedy and wanted more colours....LOL
    Caz
    x

Dedicated Scrapper JerseyScraps's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)
    Thanks Caz. It is because of the limited colours that I started looking at the copics as it looked like there were more - pink is one of my faves too!! When I started I foolishly thought 1 or 2 in each colour would be fine...how stupid was I

View Gallery

Same amount of stupid as me....LOL. I originally wanted the Copic sketch markers.....there are over 300 colours of them, and didn't want to settle for the Ciao's. But when I talked to people I found that they are the same as the Sketch ones...apart from they hold less ink and although they are refillable you can't use them with the airbrush system.....so in the end I got the Ciaos....and after colouring with Distress Inks for a while...I have enjoyed having more colours to play with again.
    Caz
    x

If I had a brain I would be dangerous! ScrappingSal's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    Ok will probably get shot for asking this (as a lady at the NEC became quite snooty with me when I said "promarkers and copics are similar aren't they? - I was asking whether they were both solvents - to explain to my mum the need for a non solvent based ink)...

Can you use them both together - do they not blend to each other - both being solvents?
    Sal

My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Can anyone suggest a good retailer for the copics ?, do any of the sponsors on here sell them ???

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    A certain auction sites has copic for £1.00 each if you buy 10 got 25 last week

I started off with pro markers then I tried copic. I like copic the best due to the brush end and range of colours

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Would be interested to know whether you can use the Copics together with the promarkers ??, many thanks............

View Gallery

As far as I am aware you can....I know of at least one person who uses ProMarkers and also has added a few Copics to her collection.
    Caz
    x