Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Inking/Ink for Foam Backed and negative stamps

Hi all,

I recently purchased two large, La Blanche foam backed stamps. They are pictures of vintage ladies. The stamp part itself is white rubber and unlike the other types of stamps I have the pictures seem to be engraved instead of raised up.

The size of the actual stamp is about an A6 maybe a little smaller.

Since they are so large I figured I would try my distress ink pads as I only have tiny permament ink pads.

I was able to blot over the whole image, however, the ink really beaded up, a lot more then I would say is normal for distress ink. When I pressed the image down and released instead of just looking a bit distressed it was all blotchy and I could make out all the little ink beads.

I cleaned the stamp thoroughly and decided to try my permanent inks instead. As the stamp pads are v. small I tried whiping them across the image to get a fuller coverage but the sponge came lose from the plastic base of the inkpad. So I reverted to blotting but again, when I pressed the image down I could see all the sponge marks from the ink pad.

I remembered something I had seen on QVC where they used a roller on the back of the foam stamp to help give an even impression and this did work but for the fact that I could see all the ink marks. Also, whiping with such a small pad meant that the ink did get into the voided bits where I don't think ink is meant to go.

I hope I've explained clearly.

Your suggestions are welcomed.

No more shopping 'til I can see my desk!! DianaDreads's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    I've had this happen with a couple of projects (I think I was trying to stamp a photo type image) and ended up using a brayer to put the ink evenly on the stamp.
    HTH, Diana x