Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (45)
    Love your timeline Selena! Great idea to use different size fonts to make certain places catch your eye.

Have been playing about a bit with photo half of my main travel places so hope to do a bit more over the weekend. Still scanning in photos though!!
    Karen (My Craft Blog / My Blog)
    INKY MINXES

Swaps: Bakers Twine, Blooms

View Gallery

WOW Selena - your "there" pages are just stunning. Just clicked over onto 2Peas!!
    INKY MINXES

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thank you.

a Stewarton Scrap Dolly :) hevbell's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I'm the same with still scanning in photos. I do have a clearer idea of what I am going to do for some of the pages though. As my pages are going to be 6x8 I plan to get some photo collages printed that size so the whole page is pics and the other side is journalling as that might work out easier than loads of wee pics printed individually. And other pages with 2x3 or 6x4 photos depending.

I'm so looking forward to actually getting started with this but the photo part is taking me forever and I haven't had enough free time to get on top of it. Getting there though and once i have played around and edited things/added bits of text, hopefully I can order prints this week

loving everyones pages I have seen so far very inspring!!
    *Heather* ~~ My blog

View Gallery

So girls, what's on your Everywhere list?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (41)
    I did not know it would be some where you had not been to. Would love to go back to Canada. Hope to next yr for 40th W av. So may come up with another part of Canada.Also would love to go to Austria for Christmas. But been there too.
    Will look at Rockies in US ,love mountians

snap2014
    Mar. Cards 10=50=50

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    South America - particularly Machu Picchu - has been on my list for ever! I'm hoping to go within the next few years so that chioce was easy for me.

However, I'm seriously behind with There - I did go through my large pile of photos & selected a few that will go onto my timeline but that's as far as I got Hopefully I'll be able to catch up in the Easter hols.

I love the timelines that have been posted so far - great work.

Alison

View Gallery

So many places on my wish list. The only way to fulfill these is to win big on the lottery else these will just remain dreams!

Not in any order of preference ... New Zealand ... Pompeii ... South America - various places (another one here who wants to go see Machu Picchu) although a cruise that takes you down the east coast of South America to Falklands Islands and Antarctica really appeals ... Galapagos Islands ... South Africa and would love to go on Safari ... Egypt and a cruise down the Nile and on Lake Naser down to Abu Simbel ... India to see the Taj Mahal ... Maldives (although think I may get bored as I'm not really a lie-on-the-beach type person but feel I should go there before the islands disappear) ... Easter Islands ... holiday in the Rockies ... ski in the US ... whale watching off Alaska ... would love to drive Route 66 ... see Mount Rushmore and more of the National/State Parks in the Mid-West ...

Closer to home, there's a few cities I'd love to see ... Madrid, Berlin, Rome, Pompeii, Villefranche, Iceland, stay in the Ice Hotel and see Northern Lights.
    INKY MINXES

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (27)
    Karen - the Northern Lights is on my list as well, along with Alaska. You should definately try to see Pompeii - awesome. The Falkland Islands are beautiful, very like Scotland but without the heather. Berlin is so cool, my favourite European city.

More on my list - more of the US (especially Washington DC, Montana, Hawaii & San Francisco), explore Canada (in particluar - Vancouver, Lake Louise & the Banff National Park), walk around Malaysia (as Jean Paget did in A Town Like Alice - in reality I would hate all the creepy crawlies!)

Now I have itchy feet ...
    Ruth
    Doing it my way.

View Gallery

You're not the only one with itchy feet Ruth!!

We spent a day in Washington DC (did a fly-drive hols on the east coast of US/Canada) and loved the city (even saw the presidential cavalcade!!) and San Francisco is one of my fav cities. We were lucky enough to go to the Big Island of Hawaii a few years back thanks to DH's company and it was pretty amazing. Would love to see some of the other islands though. For someone who said that she'd never go to the States, I'm pretty much a convert!! The raw beauty of the National Parks I've seen in Utah, California and Arizona are to be seen to be believed. Stunning.

Lis (Lambeek) loves Pompeii and she has some amazing photos so it is somewhere we will go once DS is a few years older.

Where's on everyone else's hit list ...
    INKY MINXES

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsH View Post
    Lis (Lambeek) loves Pompeii and she has some amazing photos
    That's the understatement of the year - I'm obsessed with the place I took nearly 900 photos in 2 full days in there..... and that doesn't include the photos I took at Herculaneum, or Capri!

a Stewarton Scrap Dolly :) hevbell's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    San Francisco is top of my list and has been for years. Also New York & Hawaii for USA but since I've not been there at all I'd settle for anywhere! Vancouver & Rockies in Canada, Italy [esp Venice], Japan, New Zealand, Krakow, Berlin, Bruges..

Closer to home I REALLY need to get to the Isle of Arran [I see it every day just about but have never been] and would love to vist Skye too
    *Heather* ~~ My blog

View Gallery

I'm not really sure what's on my list...... anywhere in the US - I'm even prepared to give SF a second go (I absolutely hated the place - it gave me the heeby geebies), but New England and the East Coast generally are very high up the list. Have done Boston and NY so would like to visit the places in between!

Would like to explore more of Hawaii - only did 2 islands so that feels like unfinished business. I'm not at all keen on the likes of Thailand, Indonesia or Malaysia or anywhere like that.... same goes for Australia, though I do quite fancy New Zealand.

Closer to home I'd quite like to spend more time in Italy - not necessarily the big touristy bits like Rome or Venice, probably like to visit more countryside type places.

On my own (without db) I'd like to do some more Earthwatch trips, but they're mega expensive and not really something you can drag an unwilling companion too - they're volunteering conservation trips, with very little free time, and a lot of hard work. But they are the most uplifting, fulfilling ways of spending 2 weeks!!!!

View Gallery

Oooh - I forgot about Canada - that's top of db's list!

View Gallery

Now you see I'm so glad I posed this question back at the start of today's posts, because I could only really think of New Zealand (which given that we've spent years living sort of in that part of the world and never got there, is a little silly now I live in this part of the world, anyway). But since reading all your posts it's reminded me of long held wishes....the Northern Lights, whale watching (saw some a v. long way away in Australia - awesome), Canada, New England in the fall.

Hmmmm, will away to my bed dreaming up voyages.