Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Computer Users Group

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 250 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was....

This is an experimental thread for people who need help with their computers and software eg. making new folders, discussions on virus protection programs, firewalls etc. It isn't restricted to CraftRobo users it is for anyone that uses a computer which is everyone on UKS or we wouldn't be here

If you need help with your cutter software or have Craft Robo problems post in chat as usual.

Please remember we are not experts, you have to make your own decisions based on what you read here, just because some one recommends something doesn't mean it is the best and you can't hold them responsible if any thing goes wrong.
    Please feel free to carry on......

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I tried to access UKS at 4.35pm tonight and I knew straight away that I wouldn't be able to access the site, it was taking too long to load. Anyway I still hadn't read another forum so switched to that one instead and just carried on reading the posts on there. It definately must be an overload of access limit and we just have to wait our turn in the queue.

Must say I never thought of turning off the computer and restarting it cos that is definately a pain in the rear when I can go elsewhere and continue reading. I can usually gain access again in about 25-30 mins anyway and it takes me that long to read through most of the posts anyway. If it's less then I just go to Pogo and play a couple of games to while away the time. No probs really.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    I'm thinking of getting a PC from Aldi tomorrow, it would just be easier than trying to configure a new one.

Has anyone got a Medion of any description? Are they any good for graphic programmes/photo programmes etc?

Are they reliable?

I will have to try and get Robo working with Vista though.

Jill
    View Gallery

For some reason which is beyond me I am not able to see my post made this afternoon in the Feb newbie challenge and cannot seem to refresh the pages.
    Can't see anything that has happened on the site since about 3.30pm today.

Anyone else had this happen? Don't know if this will even show up!
    Jill

My CR seems to have taken over my life!...... Well, until our new grandchild arrives in December!

View Gallery

You obviously didn't notice that it has been moved to the template section, uploading of files outside this section isn't allowed.

Do you not get the email notifications from your subscribed threads?

Newbie Starter pack and cheat sheets here

Repeat after me "Google Is My Friend"

Jill
    View Gallery

No, I do not have email notification, and I had so much trouble with the site yesterday and today I could not think what had happened.
    Jill

My CR seems to have taken over my life!...... Well, until our new grandchild arrives in December!

View Gallery

That explains why you didn't know then, you weren't getting the compliments. The site slowed to a worse than a crawl over the weekend because of the cyber crop that was going on.

View Gallery

cyber crop

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    That explains why you didn't know then, you weren't getting the compliments. The site slowed to a worse than a crawl over the weekend because of the cyber crop that was going on.
    what is a cyber crop? please
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

View Gallery

Click on Forums on the red bar at the top and look through the list of forums for Cybercrop at the top of the list, it is an online crop and went on all over the weekend, but the run up to it was about 4 weeks previous to this.

View Gallery

ok Lucille, will do. thanks
    Grace I'm getting there, 1 step at a time

Jill
    View Gallery

Thanks for posting that Lucille, I thought it was something to do with the site as I could access other sites.
    Jill

View Gallery

If the site seems to be running slow, click on forums on the red bar at the top scroll down to the bottom of the page and it tells you exactly how many people are using the forums. This weekend when I looked there where about 500+ that is a lot of crafters.

View Gallery

Bad weather Crafters

This awful weather is doing crafters a big good turn!! Daren't go out, can't stay upright, what a good excuse to stay in and craft!

Myra

View Gallery

I was reading on CNET the other day that the CDs and DVDs you buy and burn yourself have a shelf life of only 5-10 years!!!

I thought this worth passing on because I thought they would last forever apparently the disc's you buy pre recorded with files etc have a protective coating on them, but the ones you buy and burn yourself don't. The article also said you should have more than one back of important files and as well as CDs also use things like USB sticks and external hard drives.

Dedicated Scrapper - Limited Sponsor - Fuschia's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thanks for the info Lucille. When CD's/DVD's came out, they told us they'd last a lifetime. I know from my DVD recorder that they can go dodgy, I've thrown loads away, but I thought that was cos I was re-recording over and over, didn't know they had a limited 'shelf' though.