Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Hi Fiona

Did you have any luck trying out the digi stamp colouring?

Thanks!
    Oooops I knew I was supposed to be doing something.
    Just had a go at using watercolour pencils on a inkjet printed digi image and the ink ran a little bit, I suppose if you had an image that you didnt go over any ink it would be ok, the eyes ran on my digi face.

Staz on is the ink to use if using stamps and watercolouring

Hope this helps.
    Fiona x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi Fiona
    Thanks! (my stuff isn't too accessible at the mo, otherwise I would have tried myself). I was wondering about perhaps going over the lines with an embossing pen, embossing with black or clear powder and then colouring in. Bit fiddly but Don't know if it would solve the running issue.

do you normally print your stamps out with a laser printer then, or do you colour them in on the computer?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (53)
    This could go in either the copics or the promarkers Q&A really has I've tried both of the shadow colours. Just wondering how you do your shadows round the stamped images. Mine just end up looking too thick and ruining the image I've spent so long colouring in. I tried to use the blender but that just leaves behind a watery grey mess. Any tips would be appreciated.

View Gallery

I just bought some Promarkers from Amazon--best price I have seen--[manga] 10 Promarkers plus fine black marker--£12.90 including PP. There are 3 different sets.
    I bought a set of 5 just recently from Joanna Sheen £6.99 inl pp, and i liked them so much I decided to buy more--Still experimenting , as i have never used anything like this before. I would be glad of any other hints or tips.

View Gallery

Best advice I could give is really just to play with them. the first few images might not be as great as you hoped (I always want mine perfect from the first one - never happens ) but the more you do it, the more you learn and the better it gets. plus just colouring in is relaxing in itself

Have fun!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    There's a fab blog called Passion for Promarkers which has loads of inspiration :

http://promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com/

and if you click on the week-end workshops at the top there's some fantastic tutorials that are put up each Friday and are in PDF format if you want print and keep them. Well worth looking at.
    Gwyneth

Blog

View Gallery

Fab blog link Gwyneth - thanks!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    Another blog http://mariaadams.wordpress.com/ I found useful as maria gives recipes, which colour combo's she has used to colour her images. i found really helpful in deciding which colours I should buy next and which work together.
    Jo x
    [

Christmas Advent Swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (42)
    If printing on an inkjet printer the promarkers won't bleed - they're solvent based and the printer ink is water based xxx

Personal blog *
    Craftaholics TL & Blue Brad DTL * CJs: MojoII&III * SWAPS: Nada!

View Gallery

Don'y know if this will be of any help but I bought my promarkers from Cowling & Wilcox an art supplier online sorry I can't post a link yet but it is the cheapest place I have found them
    Also I use Promarkers on digi images all the time occasionaly the face bleeds but very rarely, I usually print a few off at a time and just leave them until I need them, if i colour straight away the ink runs more x
    XKirstyX

View Gallery

Just wondering if anyone uses promarkers with embossed images that have created using a versamark pad? just wondered if this is a good combination? and also if anyone uses promarkers with images stamped using brilliance inks? I am thinking of getting some promarkers but am just interested in how many of my existing items they will work with?

any info would be appreciated.
    thanks

View Gallery

Hi there,

Just wanted to know if you can stamp with Archival Ink and then colour with Pro Markers?

Does anyone know?
    Thanks

Hannah

Dedicated Scrapper ink_and_sheep's Avatar
    View Gallery

ProMarkers are best with Memento or Adirondack dye based inks as the solvent based markers can make alcohol based inks bleed. I've not tried Archival ink myself but have read it might not work very well.

Dedicated Scrapper ink_and_sheep's Avatar
    View Gallery

Does anyone know if there's any paper/cardstock Promarkers don't bleed through? Sometimes I'd love to make one layer cards and still colour it in but with Promarkers bleeding through to the inside of the card, it doesn't look good.

Everybody needs a little help sometimes...
    View Gallery

I use Rymans A4 white cardstock.It's 200 gsm and great for using with Promarkers or Copics.It's on offer at Ryman's stationaries now for £3.29 for 50 sheets
    Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about Labradors