Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    The rymans is great as it doesnt bleed into other areas of the picture but it still bleeds through to the other side of the card, I dont really think there is any that will do what you want as that is the whole nature of promarkers. If I make a 1 layer card, I use an insert and stick it to the side with the unsightly back of the colouring bit.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I don't know if that silk art card that Barbara Gray uses on her demos on the telly lets the colour bleed through. They never seem to have any in stock when I want to order so I haven't been able to test it yet.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Letraset does a bleed proof cardstock but it's only 70g in weight so it's not heavy enough to use for a one layer card unfortunately.
    Gwyneth

Blog

Dedicated Scrapper ink_and_sheep's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thanks all. I did think such a thing might not exist... Otherwise I've found watercolour paper excellent to use with Promarkers as they don't bleed across the lines of the coloured images with that. It's a tip I learned from Lili of the Valley YouTube videos at first.

View Gallery

site for pro markers

[QUOTE=Sav;5459356]Can anyone recomend where I can buy some Promarkers and perhaps a site that shows how to use them with blending ideas, many thanks.[/QUO
    I usually get my pro markers and lots of ideas from the Create and Craft channel on Sky 671, they use them a lot on there and give great demo's they often have good deals on them as well, also I must admit I only make cards so maybe I shouldn't be on this forum. Maryclare

View Gallery

I use promarkers with digi stamps all the time I just print a few off and leave them to dry before colouring in and I very rarely have bleeding. Also I only make cards too I don't think it matters on here as long as you join in xx
    XKirstyX

View Gallery

I do the same as Kirsty - just print out a few and give them a good length of time to really dry and I've not had a problem with bleeding.

I do have a question though - has anyone tried using the pro markers on coated stock a la Barbara Gray from Clarity? I tried the other week using Memento ink as I always use on normal card and even though I'd left it to dry, the colours were picking up the outline a bit and also I was getting 'stripes' of colour as I coloured the images in. Hers never seem to be stripey! Any hints anyone?

Thanks!!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I too brought the Clarity coated stock for promarkers and my stamping projects but im unable to use promarkers on the cardstock as they go so streaky and really bad looking...
    Can anyone help??
    Thanks.

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Mary Clare, I am a cardmaker as well and joined the forum initially because of the Craft Forum help available on here but the techniques used for cardmaking and scapping are interchangeable a lot of the time and we all have something to contribute, or learn, plus it's really friendly on here and I know where to come to get any questions answered or to get an opinion.

Ruth

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Promarker - Silk Art Card

I bought some Silk Art Card with the promise that it could be used with promarkers only every time I try and use it with promarkers I end up with 'water marks' all over my work where the marker has puddled and dried, it looks awful. Am I doing something wrong or is it the paper because I have no problem with any other paper/card stock.

View Gallery

I had a reply from Barbara Gray as I was having exactly the same problem. She said it's because the pens are quite 'juicy' so to dab a bit on some scrap paper first and then go onto the shiny card. I have to say I've only had a quick try but so far it's not made a great difference. I noticed that on the telly she doesn't seem to blot her pens so I'm not sure really. You can try though and let me know if you have more success than me.

x