Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

Q&A thread: Promarkers

Here's the thread for you Promarker users to share your experiences, discuss any issues and ask the Promarker experts for advice and help.

This is intended to be an informative thread to share practical info so either post here with information and answers or PM users directly. Please don't post "PM me"/"I've PMed you" posts.

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

And on a more personal note I am interested in achieving the colouring effects from Promarkers.

What do I need to get started?

Basic set of most useful markers for colouring dolls/birdies/cupcakes? Get individually or is there a good all-round set with these lighter colours that is a good starting base?

Blender pen - do I need one, if so the Promarker pen?

Paper - what paper/cardstock to get so that I can cut out images and attach to cards?

Stamping ink - what is the best one to use in conjunction with Promarkers?

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (32)
    Hi Natty

I recommend that initially you buy Manga set 1...it gives a basic range of 10 colours inc some flesh a green/red/yellow etc, but they are brighter, Manga Set 3 (I think) also includes a pallete of lighter colours. A few of the sponsors are selling them.

I have a blender pen, but to be honest rarely use it...so it is not essential.

I use a smooth cardstock from Staples (Green Range) and it is called Mondi IQ 160G/m2. Also Concord plain record cards work, but I personally prefer the smoothness of the Staples cardstock.

Now for ink I use either Impress or Memento for stamping. I try to leave it for a couple of hours to dry well, or you can blast it with a heat gun. I rarely get any bleed, but if I do it is only ever on the face....so I try to load the colour quite slowly on the skin.

Hope all this helps.
    Caz
    x
    My Blogeroo please drop in and say hello

View Gallery

Thanks Caz! It was your Anya style colouring that I was really impressed with. I'm surprised that you don't use a blender pen as it looks like the shades are so well blended together.
    I will definitely check into the manga sets - I was eyeing them up and wondered if they'd fit the bill... especially the one that is more purples.
    If anyone else wants to share the secrets to success I will be all ears, feel I need as much info as poss. before I go out in search of the goods!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    thanks for the tips Caz I already have some concord card that I use with prisma pencils so can start with that I was thinking of buying a couple of the manga sets of pens as a starting point so its good to know which ones you think may be best . I dont have either of the ink pads you suggest so will invest in one of those too They wont go wrong

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Can anyone recomend where I can buy some Promarkers and perhaps a site that shows how to use them with blending ideas, many thanks.
    Val x

Always remember you're unique...Just like everyone else. dizzyblonde82's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (36)
    There is a social group for people to share hints, tips and advice here if anyone is interested in joining

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Hello

after reading this and the above link I've invested in a few and a nice ream of the paper from staples and my magnolias look fab!!!!!!!! I never have got on very well with all that blending etc with watercolours! Now I can't wait to buy more as I know I'm gonna need the whole lot! Thanks for all your help Caz!!
    xx
    Nanny Jane

Flowers, flowers bring on the flowers. belleooo's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (31)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav View Post
    Can anyone recomend where I can buy some Promarkers and perhaps a site that shows how to use them with blending ideas, many thanks.
    I got mine from Angel Crafts using the bulk buy offer of 10 pens for £15.95. If you are in the ribbon club you also get a 10% discount. This wiped out the P&P charges If I got a couple of sets.
    http://www.angelcrafts.biz/index.php?cPath=6_155_528

View Gallery

I was just reading in a mag about someone using Pro Markers to colour in downloaded images from the web. I really don't know much about Pro Markers but I'm wondering if there's a trick to colouring things in if you download them - as obviously wetting an inkjet image would cause it to run. Perhaps she printed it with a laser printer? The interview was in a mag that I'm not sure sponsors so I haven't mentioned it.
    Any thoughts?

Thanks!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I was just reading in a mag about someone using Pro Markers to colour in downloaded images from the web. I really don't know much about Pro Markers but I'm wondering if there's a trick to colouring things in if you download them - as obviously wetting an inkjet image would cause it to run. Perhaps she printed it with a laser printer? The interview was in a mag that I'm not sure sponsors so I haven't mentioned it.
    Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    I have done this with an inkjet printer and it works fine as long as you use the right card or paper.

View Gallery

Cool! Sorry to be a pain, but what exactly would be the 'right card or paper'? Also, would marvy pens work as well (I've used these for watercolouring as it's what I have and can't really afford to spend out on pro markers at the mo)

Thanks for any info!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Hmmm not tried watercolouring images from printer I guess its trial and error, as for the paper promarkers work best on smooth card or paper but if you are using marvy pens then I think any paper will do, I will try watercolouring one of my digi stamps and let you know what happens.

Fiona x

View Gallery

Thanks! I'd really appreciate it.

View Gallery

Hi Fiona

Did you have any luck trying out the digi stamp colouring?

Thanks!