Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Tips and Techniques

Notices

Thread: size of cards

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

size of cards

I was wondering what size of cards some of you ladies use? I, so far, have only used bought cards and the largest I've found is A5. I would like to use larger cards so is it possible to buy larger cards? if so, where from?

Do you make your own larger cards? if so, how?

For example, I would like to use something like 8 x 8, can you buy this size? or do you have to make you own? if you make your own how do you do it, I mean how do you join them up to look like a card? and what do you do about envelopes?

Hope this makes some sense.

Annmarie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Lately I have been asked for large cards. I buy A3 size card from stationers and fold in half. You can buy A4 envelopes to fit. As for other size cards using 12 x12 inch card cut down you can make most sizes. As for envelopes I make all my own envelopes.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    I use mainly 144 x 144 square cards, some A5 and some taller thinner ones, but lots of others like small ones for little notes. I have just got some 8 x 8 cards from a non-sponsor (I'll PM you) and have a big box of odds and ends of cards I've acquired over the years!
    Eileen

View Gallery

I like to make square cards 5", 6", 8" best, 8" being my favourite and by my card in A3 size. but if I see any envelopes on special offer then I buy them and make cards to fit.

I often buy christmas cards in the sales if they are really cheap, just for the envelopes - got a box of 30 cards in the sales for 69p you couldn't buy 30 envelopes for that.

Julie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Julie, thanks for that great information, I have never thought of buying cheap boxed cards just for the envelopes.
    Val x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I like the 5x7" cards and several sponsors sell these in white and cream colours. A lot of my cards go overseas so it's too expensive to do the very large ones.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelo's mrs View Post
    I often buy christmas cards in the sales if they are really cheap, just for the envelopes - got a box of 30 cards in the sales for 69p you couldn't buy 30 envelopes for that.

Julie
    What a brilliant idea, never gave that option a thought, I find making odd size envelopes a right faff !! Thanks
    Gwyneth

Blog